Discovery Gaming Community
To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate (/showthread.php?tid=98907)

To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate - Karst - 05-21-2013

-incoming transmission-
-source: Coronado-
-subject: Business!-

Good day to you, people.

I'm Elise Pennybrooke, acting chief and administrator of the Onyx Syndicate.
The reason I'm contacting you is because we've made deals of some sort with all of you.....the details of which I'm not aware of, as they were made before I took over this joint in the absence of my boss.

What I do know however is that you're on the list of ships permitted to dock at the Onyx Bazaar. And what I also know is that we could use some business, this time not buying but finally actually selling something.

Our storage rooms are pretty full, more full than I'd like them to be. So what I'm offering is a cheap source of orange gold close to Liberty.

Since you all have docking access, you should know where the place is.
If you don't, send me a reply in this channel and I'll give you the location on maximum security private comms.

So here's the details: We've got 24 000 extra units of cardamine floating around.
And I'm offering them for 1 720 credits. A price which I believe should be competitive for the region.

Our lovely little space palace is currently rather more under construction than particularly inviting, so I hope you'll forgive the lack of other services.

You should find a good drink at the bar though, at the very least. If you don't mind all the boxes all over the place.

I'm also hoping to open a proper information and marketing channel for the Bazaar, but I think I'll wait with that until we're a little more set up.

Anyway, I'd like to hear from you. Or if you don't care about words, I'll just take your credits for our stuff, too.

Happy trading!

- Elise out

-end transmission-

RE: To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate - Narcotic - 05-21-2013

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Penetrating Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠
[Image: 5DsgxBx.png]

SHIP ID: LR-Credibility.Problem
SUBJECT: "Orange Gold"

Ahoy Elise,

of course the Liberty Rogues will support you by getting your Cardamine amongst the libertonian population. I'll try to assign that task to a free smuggling convoy and get the job done as soon as possible. We do always appreciate friendly outposts - especially at places like yours.

With shady regards,

[Image: YAeEJzo.png]

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Breaking Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠

RE: To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate - Karst - 05-21-2013

-incoming transmission-
-source: Coronado-

Great to hear, Clyde. I'm happy to see interest in our business so soon.

To everyone else: It's first come, first served at the Bazaar. 24 000 standard cargo units isn't a whole lot, so if you want some of it act as soon as you can.

There will hopefully be more on offer in the future, but at the moment that's all we could scrape together.

I'll inform everybody in this channel as soon as our supplies are empty, but I can't guarantee how quickly I can react once that happens.

- Elise out

-end transmission-

RE: To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate - Karst - 05-22-2013

-incoming transmission-
-source: <unknown>-

Hello again, a little update here:

We realize you may not want to have to fly empty to the Bazaar - and we can always use Basic Alloy for maintenance, as well as in preparation for the next planned storage module.

The docking crew should pay you 900 credits per unit of alloy if you choose to bring some in - not much, I know, but better than nothing, right?

Anyway we've still got over 19 000 units of orange left. Keep those trade ships coming!

- Elise out
-end transmission-

RE: To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate - Casta - 05-22-2013

[incoming.signal]
[decrypting.signal]

Gabriella Casta, Lieutenant
To: Pennybroke, E.
Source: Corsica Outer Sanctum
Topic: Onyx Syndicate

[decoding.message]
[message.loads - opening.visual-transmission - reads]

Hola.
Speaking on behalf of the Ghosts of Razgriz Maltese Guard I'll first strenghten the point that the decision to leave a transmission's copy on our desk was a creditable move by your side.
Location of and dealings on your installation are outside of Maltese territory, so you've to see that facility's security is on your own.
Be advised not to point any issues that may or eventually not arise towards the Nacion.
Be not afraid to ask for economical backing to your endeavours.

On a more personal note, it's good to hear your voice again. Looks like you did well out there, given the undertaking you tasked yourself with.
Kat's not forgotten yet, hope she's always prepared for that call.

For power. For Ishmael. For the Nacion.
Salutes.
Lieutenant Casta.

[visual-transmission.canceled - message.closed]
[encrypting.signal]
[signal.lost]

RE: To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate - Karst - 05-22-2013

-incoming transmission-
-target: Gabriella Casta-
-subject: <not specified>-

Ms Casta, it's a pleasure to hear from the Ghosts. Allow me to address your points.

Regarding security - the best defense we have currently is that fact that very few know about the Bazaar, much less its location.
We do have some defensive platforms and a small number of civilian-grade snubcraft, but that won't deter a veritable siege. I know we're out of your reach and I don't expect any military help.
Hopefully, we'll never need it anyway.

As for economic help: That would be appreciated. As I mentioned, we're currently exporting your fine product, but when we have more space available, we'll be importing again as well.
I'll inform you personally when we'll be buying, I do hope we can strike a good deal.

And finally, it's good to hear from you personally. I really didn't think I was ready to take over the Syndicate - and honestly, I still don't know if I am. But for now, everything seems to be sort-of-working out.

It's good to hear I haven't been forgotten. Neither have you.

- Kind regards, Elise

-end transmission-

To: Elis Pennybrooke, the Onyx Syndicate - Nicole Hunter - 05-23-2013

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...
[Image: 1a.png][Image: 15.png]
Dear Ms Pennybrooke,

The deal with your predecessor was very simple. In exchange for access to our network of bases and technical support you gave us one small cloaking device, access to your smuggling outpost and a promise of cardamine shipments. Mactan and Cochrane are very close to your base and you should know already how much we pay for a metric unit there. At the moment our smuggling ring is performing operations elsewhere, so I won't be able to send any Traversers to you.

I hope that in future we will be able to do more business with you.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

RE: To: LR-, LH~, .:j:., and the [101st], from the Onyx Syndicate - Karst - 05-23-2013

-incoming transmission-
-target: Nicole Hunter-
-subject: <not specified>-

A reply from Ms Hunter herself, now this I didn't expect.

Anyway, it's good to hear from the Lane Hackers. And it's certainly interesting to hear the details of our arrangement....
We are indeed aware of your standard pricing scheme on Mactan and Cochrane. I expect some of our products will end up there by way of our customers or our own hauling fleet.
We've also been very grateful for the nearby source of robotics and components you sell at Mactan, we've needed a significant amount of those in the past and likely will again in the future.

It's no problem if you're busy at the time; I expect we'll have a proper channel set up for the Bazaar's dealings in the future so that you may stay informed on what we need and what we offer.

So, that's that then - thanks for your reply.

- Kind regards, Elise P.

-end transmission-