Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" (/showthread.php?tid=99185)

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 01-03-2014

Sean always found it somehow entertaining to engage in a conversation with Robert, as his "special" attitude appeared to him as utterly hilarious.
He accepted Robert's offer, took a seat in the chair and placed his head on his right hand, as he did before on the counter.

"So what did she want then? How's she doing? Is she...is she in trouble or something like that?"

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 01-05-2014

" Ah, allow me to indulge my eyes upon you, Sean, first and foremost, so I shall not fail in recognizing the audacious yet headstrong attitude you express this very moment, puncturing the subject you wish to pierce without any consideration for courtesy. Your attitude and skills fit for an assassin or mercenary, Sean, are worthy of... furtive compliments. " he said, while his typical, luscious grin carved his face.

" But I digress, tell me please, how are you today, Sean? "

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 01-05-2014

"Me? An assassin? I doubt my wife would approve that."

He cought slightly and sat up straight on his chair, while he eyed Robert thoughtfully in the meantime.

"However, if you wish to avoid digressing, I suggest we skip the formalities and get to the point, 'cause I got work to do"
, he said and felt kind of challenged by Robert's facial expression. "So, what was the reason for her appearence here?"

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 01-05-2014

" You've got work to do ? How cantankerous ! " he exhaled while faintly hitting the desk with hit clenched fist, trying to mimic pity.

" Have you ever considered taking a day off, or two, perhaps, my dearest and most amiable conversation partner with whom I have the pleasure of sitting alongside of at this beloved and intricately embroidered table with the mere purpose of discussing the flexibility of his services ? " he then spewed out, resuming his typical grin

" Do mind the audacity with which I dare bend my following verbal ejaculation of idiosyncratic mannerisms and habits I tend to succumb to, but much to my abhorrent and opprobrious consternation of which I happen to be intoxicated with, I cannot abstain from emphasizing on the quivering stress you are veiled in, Sean. " he continued

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 01-06-2014

Sean rose his left eyebrow when Robert's fist hit the desk and for a moment he just stared at him.

"Simply taking a day off? I sure hope that is not your casual style of working, my friend", he stated with a chuckle.

Sean let his glance wander around the dome and thought about his conversation partner's words. Why was Robert trying to change the subject?

"I chose this job myself and I'm doing very fine in terms of dealing with the stress."

He took a little break before continuing.

"Still, it annoys me when I am to be stuck at some part or, to be more exact, when something keeps me from progressing."

Sean narrowed his eyes and leaned forward.

"Would you kindly focus on the subject, Robert?", he then calmly inquired while seeming annoyed and amused at the same time.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 01-07-2014

" Subject? What subject... ? " Robert inquiries satirically as he smirks impishly.

" Ah, but bien... I shall prevent you from digressing the main subject of our little exchange of trivialities, Sean, after all... time manifests as a surplus of monetary resources whose fate are to be constricted and devoured by my pouches, and I have no difficulty in witnessing a vacant bar, a bar that should had been meticulously, diligently and above all, permanently caressed by you. And your presence here is clogging the flow of time and its manifestation into the monetary resources that rightfully belongs to the Commonwealth. " He said, adopting a serious, calm yet dreadful tone to his words.

The next moment, he started grinning like he does every time, as if the previous lashing didn't even occur.

" But, to answer the question which you so ardently inquired, my dear, let's just say that Susan... hmmm " He said, slowly lagging his words and twisting his right hand in the air with a nimble circulating motion as if he was excavating through the invisible mist for words his teeth could clench on so that, eventually, his mouth could spill forth inside Sean's ears.

" Let us fall with a mutual agreement that Susan decided to share certain responsibilities with me. Biensur, my friend, my words reek of truth and wisdom, as always I dare add. Susan entrusted me with the responsibilities that normally would fall upon a wife and a husband at some... distant point in their relationship, so to speak. " He then continued, as if his scrounging was a success.

" I am sure you can understand, non ? "

However, there was no need for inconspicuousness or any adoption of secrets and furtive veils of stealth and obscurity to hide the favour that Robert promised Susan, especially to a member of the Commonwealth. Despite Robert knew that, he was reluctant to give in such endearing news without accompanying them with a punch line.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 01-07-2014

"Intriguning. Now, this 'job' I'm doing here is nothing more than a amusement to me, more like a ... extracurricular activity, which I'm apparently not really being paid for. You might wonder why I would do this, as it does not really decrease the level of stress. The reason is, that I need this stress to keep going" ,Sean said and mirrored Robert's facial expression. Then he put on a more friendly face again.

In the exact moment when Sean decided to walk over to Robert, he knew that Robert wouldn't express himself quite clear. Sean expected that Robert's intentions would be veiled for he covered them in riddles as he always would.
Despite Robert's attempt to confuse his counterpart and distort his mind, Sean stayed persistently.

" 'Responsibilities that would fall upon a wife and a husband at some point...' hm..." ,Sean repeated slowly and carefully considered Robert's words. Was Robert trying to distract him from something? He decided to react directly to his counterpart's statement.

Did Susan ask him about a place to live? Did she finally gave up on her seemingly never-ending, mysterious journey? And suddenly it struck Sean. "You are one stubborn son of a..." ,he thought.

"Hold up.", he said and rose his hand while staring deliberately at the ground. "So she wanted you to do something for her, that usually would fall upon a couple, eh?"

He faced Robert again and lowered his hand. In the back of his mind he revealed another piece of a puzzle about Susan, which he was trying to solve from the very beginning they first met.

"I see. Now it makes way more sense to me. So, she wants you to take care of someone, doesn't she? I remember how she mentioned a girl; she described her as ... very important to her."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 01-07-2014

" I have a feeling you are building series and series of carefully witted and erected assumptions and suppositions in that remarkable and surprising skull of yours that houses the metaphysical plains constricted by your cognitive entrails, my dear Sean, that is undoubtedly. But I would very much like to advice you and perhaps pursue some additional inner deliberation before expulsing forth these thoughts of yours and materializing them in the form of words and sounds coated in audacity. " Robert chortled

" After all, and I do say this just and only so I shall plummet some difficulty on you: Her beloved, exquisite and overtly finespun, affectionate extension of her which we have the pleasure of witnessing as just another elegant, ostentatious animal, an animal we recognize as a beautiful, stiff serpent is also a girl, oui? Undoubtedly you remember. "

Robert then paused for a second. He leaned back on his chair and started to fornicate his chin and goatee by carefully rubbing them with his left hand as his right hand trampled its fingers against the arm of his chair, releasing a steady rhythm.

He anticipated that Sean would soon dislodge his mouth again, and as such he said, with a devilish, satirical smile:

" How about I can make your supervision of your bar a bit more... rewarding? I am certain stress is an invaluable commodity, a commodity after which individuals whose sanity is impoverished by the salacious symptoms of schizophrenia crave for. But non, Sean. Do not get me wrong, s'il vous plait! I don't want to call you psychologically impoverished and accusing your sagacity of being mutilated. Not at all, I merely... looked for a more subtle way of expressing my compassion without openly showing that I am compassionate, as well as... helping you to hide this... urge of yours in a more... elegant fashion.
That being said, how about I double your salary? "

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 01-07-2014

Jack stands up from his guest who seems to have zoned out, eventually being brought to the infirmary from becoming unresponsive, and stretches. "Well, that was anti-climatic. I hope he realizes how depressing that is." Glancing around the little bar, which was occupied by so many big individuals, he spots a certain woman wandering around.

"Huh.. Is that who I think it is.." He mumbles under his breath, walking up to the wandering figure.

"Ellie! How have you been, it's been a shockingly long time of about twelve hours since we last saw each oth-.. Alright, that sounded a bit more impressive in my head, but the fact still stands! I think. Well, standing is a personification, which I am not too fond of, perhaps I should think of what I say before I actually do say it. Although, thats no fun, now is it."

Looking over her figure and state. "I see you've been enjoying Seans beer, I admit, it does taste pretty good. He sure knows how to pull back the dispenser lever like a professional, i'll give you that. "

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 01-07-2014

Sean rolled his eyes upon Robert's rant. He did it again.

"I wonder if he does that on purpose. Or does he loose focus of what he initally wanted to say after literally vomiting out all these words? Hmpf. And it is me who he's calling mentally instable? Now that's rich." ,he realized, still somewhat amused.

However, as he was slowly loosing patience, Sean placed his clenced left fist on the table, his right hand on his knee and leaned forward. He stared at Robert and looked him deep in the eye.

"Your arrogance is without restraint, as always how it seems" ,he stated and smiled.

Then he leaned back again and placed his hand on the arm of the chair he was still sitting on for several minutes now.

"Who is that girl then? What are you going to do? Is she going to stay here?", he said with a serious expression now.

"Who's going to look after her?"