Discovery Gaming Community
System residents - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: System residents (/showthread.php?tid=99219)

System residents - Swallow - 05-27-2013

I have a rough concept on what I call a "system resident". The main idea is to give each system to the one community member, or to the group of members, setting their ultimate "rights" on the local lore and faction rules.
This is how do I see it:
A member is electorated as a resident of given system. He has to chose a faction, which has its base in the system, to perform the RP based on the faction's RP and local happenings. Basically, all the bases of one faction in given system are going in the one (could also be multiple) hands. The resident is representing his faction in the local system, having direct contact with the faction leader, one is setting specific faction rules, which are applied to specific bases, sectors, fields, etc.
Basically, the faction is spreading its authority, without a need of one man to watch for all the activity.
But I am unsure on what rights and powers could be given to a resident, to make one an essential figure in the local RP process.
The idea overall somehow is similar to FP administration, though I am proposing to expand the rights to a whole local faction objects or even whole system, in case the given faction has a monopoly on that one.
With this I want to involve people to spread their activity, give them a part of space and lore they would be responsible for, unload some crowded places, invite more people in overall factions activity, give them authority and encourage their RP.

Though it is a rough concept...

RE: System residents - Omicron - 05-27-2013

Aren't official factions supposed to handle that already since time immemorial?

RE: System residents - Swallow - 05-27-2013

(05-27-2013, 03:36 PM)Omicron Wrote: Aren't official factions supposed to handle that already since time immemorial?

I see numerous empty systems and lack of any forum activity regarding that.

RE: System residents - meliva - 05-27-2013

More freedom for skypefriendshipbasedburocracy.

RE: System residents - Omicron - 05-27-2013

Maybe because most of folks are not concerned about existance and well being of some system called let's say Tau 42.

RE: System residents - Swallow - 05-27-2013

(05-27-2013, 03:39 PM)Omicron Wrote: Maybe because most of folks are not concerned about existance and well being of some system called let's say Tau 42.

Well, not considering guard systems, but still, why not to point one at the dot on the Sirius map and give an authority regarding it?

RE: System residents - Bootsiuv - 05-27-2013

Because it doesn't change the fact that many systems simply have little reason for going too right now, aside from the occasional trader flying through?

Lots of other systems are so remote and hostile that giving someone authority there doesn't change the fact that they own a useless system in the middle of nowhere filled with angry space squid.