Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! (/showthread.php?tid=9928)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - majkp - 06-29-2008

We demand:
- applicant must have been active for reasonable period of time (this may vary, depending on your activity)
- applicant must be prepared to do the hard job and expect nothing in return
- applicant must be willing to give up faction leadership in order to become an unbiased admin
- applicant must know the current rules almost by heart and must understand the relations between factions (we may test this)
- applicant must be ready to accept possible mistakes (we all do them), and apologize in front of all the community if needed, and leave proudness and arogance behind
- applicant must persuade us that he's not motivated by gaining the power only
- applicant must be accepted by all current admins (this is absolutely necessary, admin team must work smoothly)

We offer:
- well, not much in return, you may feel a bit honored, but that's pretty much all..

How should the application look like?
1) your name, age and country you're from (time zone)
2) how long have you been playing FL/Discovery
3) how much time per week are you able to offer (doesn't have to be 24/7 of course)
4) previous admin experience, where, for how long? (this is not a must)
5) a short motivation letter explaining why you're the right person for the job (just a few lines)

Send it by PM to me and Korrd.

Applications will *not* be revealed to public and they will serve only to pick suitable candidates by current admin team. You don't need to start crying if you're not picked immediately, your application may be reviewed later.

If you have any thoughts on topic, feel free to post here (and bump this thread so it's under attention).

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Dopamino - 06-29-2008

Are there going to be nominations as well?

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Etaphreven - 06-29-2008

YAY! This is what we've all been looking for! Kudos to Majkp! :yahoo:

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - majkp - 06-29-2008

' Wrote:Are there going to be nominations as well?

Nope, this is just a survey to discover who would be willing to do the job, so the admin team can pick from those, not persuade others to do so...

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Dopamino - 06-29-2008

Alrighty. I just thought some people might need to see that other people want them to be an admin before go out on a limb themselves.

' Wrote:Alrighty. I just thought some people might need to see that other people want them to be an admin before go out on a limb themselves.

Then I'd say talk to them personally and persuade them to apply.

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - kingvaillant - 06-29-2008

May I ask, it could be useful for the applicant to describe what he is doing in RL. It would help the admin team to make a portrait of the applicant and understand more what kind of person he/she is

' Wrote:May I ask, it could be useful for the applicant to describe what he is doing in RL. It would help the admin team to make a portrait of the applicant and understand more what kind of person he/she is

Yes, it may give us some background but it's not necesarry. Some people might feel uncomfortable if we asked them for their RL details, so it's really up to the applicant.

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - timmychen - 06-29-2008

Looks like it'll be balls of fun!

Oh, I added age to the application requests...

' Wrote:Looks like it'll be balls of fun!

That's for sure...!