Discovery Gaming Community
1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight (/showthread.php?tid=99377)

Pages: 1 2

1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Connor - 05-29-2013

Okay, a little back ground. I am in a Rogue ID ship, my attacker is in an LSF ID ship. We engage. Here is the question

Is, from the LSF ID ship, "I Attack Rogues" enough RP to attack and kill? He uses this all the time so im just wondering

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Pepe - 05-29-2013

In post-/setmsg era you're considered lucky to receive all that RP. He was probably reading it from his sticky note and typing. Personally, I appreciate it as minimum respect shown to another player.

I suggest to find another guy like him and try to teach him some English. You'll see his RP flourishing soon. In meantime LSF guy will probably stay the same, but your understanding him will flourish too. And your joy in this game will improve accordingly. It's not easy, but it works for me so far.

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Apollon - 05-29-2013

I think that this counts like "Engaging" and as what from every time to time the server pops up saying Halt and Engaging arent Suffeicant..so..he Should do some RP Vefore engaging.that means:
NO!! As answer to your question

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Luke. - 05-29-2013

Yeah...not really.

A 3 word phrase before attacking you should/is not classed as RPing prior to a fight. Should be a little more than that...such as a warning like "Leave here Rogue scum or I will shoot" or something along those lines. Correct they attack Rogues but that's just harsh and not in good spirit to attack straight away.

Give them a lesson in RPing or report it (with proof) if the offender repeats it.

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Anaximander - 05-29-2013

It also depends on the circumstances. If you were already in a fight or busy robbing a transport, I'd say the "I attack pierat" is a very nice gesture, on par with "Going in hot" and "Charging guns".

Otherwise no, not enough RP.

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Hone - 05-29-2013

Its low end, but without setmsg Id say its acceptable, after all hes an enemy of the rogues, why would he waste time talking to them.

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Vrabcek - 05-29-2013

Sadly its sufficient, sometimes even engaging even though its showed every now and then on the server
Sadly wordless engagements are even worse for submitting a successful sanction report, no sanctions no improvements...

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - Connor - 05-29-2013

(05-29-2013, 07:02 PM)Anaximander Wrote: It also depends on the circumstances. If you were already in a fight or busy robbing a transport, I'd say the "I attack pierat" is a very nice gesture, on par with "Going in hot" and "Charging guns".

Otherwise no, not enough RP.

Circumstance is that I am just passing him, well it is in every single circumstance

(05-29-2013, 07:59 PM)Vrabcek Wrote: Sadly its sufficient, sometimes even engaging even though its showed every now and then on the server
Sadly wordless engagements are even worse for submitting a successful sanction report, no sanctions no improvements...

If that is sufficient, then it needs to change...

Also this is not meant to be a QQ thread, and I have no plans on sanctioning the guy ether, but I would like an admin verdict on this though

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - nOmnomnOm - 05-29-2013

I say no thats not RP. Thats just hurrying up to get a blue message. If you want blue messages then go to conn. There needs to be more. A LSF would not say "i attack you" he would be like "stand down rogue or i will use force to disable your ship. prepare to be arrested and locked up for a good long time."

Plus give the other person some time to respond. Be courteous. Its a game after all.

RE: 1 Question about Enough RP needed to start a fight - ryoken - 05-30-2013

Just report it, and let admins decide. You will get 50 diff answers here, and none of them mean a thing unless they are admins.