Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Colonial Government || Now open to IMG| - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Colonial Government || Now open to IMG| (/showthread.php?tid=99387)

To: The Colonial Government || Now open to IMG| - Soul Reaper - 05-29-2013

[Image: HFtrans2.png]

Target ID: Minister Liam Anders
Subject: "Business"
Encryption: High

Evening, Mister Anders.

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Ryan Williams, ranking Fleet Admiral under the Hellfire Legion and chosen representative of the Legion for this...event.

Before I give any details however, I would first like to know if the Republic would be willing to work with the Legion, the contents of this partnership will mostly revolve around an industrial basis. Which, if successful would prove and serve as a large benefit to both parties.

So yes, before anything, would you be willing to work with the Legion? You are already aware of our situation with the Republic of Liberty and we of yours. And don't worry, things will be kept and handled in utmost secrecy in order to preserve your politic and diplomatic relations with Liberty.

I await your answer Mister Anders.

Mors non est Finis. Infernum Manet.
Fleet Admiral Ryan Williams

***Transmission Terminated***

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Industrial Benefits - SummerMcLovin - 05-30-2013

[Image: LiamAnders.png]

Fleet Admiral Williams,

You may already have heard from Marshall Kinnaird, but we in the Republic were looking to contact the Legion to inspire some increased cooperation to better the situation in the Liberty-Bretonia borders.

We of course do have our degree of understanding concerning Liberty, which I doubt should be a problem. They should not have a problem with us working with you, because I highly doubt that they would ever find out about it, since it would be discreet and... industrial for the most part. I believe my brother had to clarify in the past that we are not looking to join your conflict with Liberty though. While it is not really my area, I believe the Military wished to spur some effort to cut down on the Slave and Cardamine trade, as well as combat the Maltese and their pirate allies.

If you had something specific in mind, some more details would be much appreciated. Otherwise a good day to you, Legionnaire.

Regards,
Liam Anders

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Industrial Benefits - Soul Reaper - 05-31-2013

Target ID: Minister Liam Anders

Mister Anders,

Very well, the details then. The Legion is aware that the Republic possesses the technological capacity for full-scale terraforming. Which is exactly what the Legion requires on a planetary body, I'm uploading the basic data now.

Hellfire Legion Classified Database File #37114-EJ-9 Wrote:Terrain - Terrestrial
Diameter - 12,204 km
Mass - 3.29 x 10e24 kg
Temperature - -79°C to 56°C
Escape velocity - 10.10 km/sec

The planet Guadalajara in the Vespucci system is a rare occurrence in the Sirius Sector. Its surface is covered with a mixture of hot deserts, wet jungles, ice cold mountain ranges and virtually every other type of terrain found on other planets in Sirius. However, the great variety brings also all kinds of extreme weather and temperatures, a price worth paying in exchange for the vast amounts of natural resources the planet habits.

Regardless of the sometimes extreme conditions, the Hellfire Legion is planning to undertake a limited terraforming process to make most of the planet's surface habitable. In the more mediterranean and temperate regions, several local installations, along with a few resource-extraction operations formed around what appears to be a relatively small capitol of unknown name. Prior to that the Legion installed an extensive and highly classified planetary defense network which is complemented by full-scaled planetary shields and extensive electronic warfare systems, rendering any attempts at breaching the jamming fields unlikely in the first place while the planet's own defenses ensure any attempt at an orbital bombardment to be doomed to fail.

As you can see, Planet Guadalajara is a resource rich planet, however although we do have some small-scale mining and resource gathering operations on the surface, it is not, and has not, been enough to fuel the Legion's need for resources, we lack the time and capability as well as manpower due to our ongoing liberation of the Republic of Liberty. Which is where yourselves come in. In truth, the planet doesn't require terraforming for resource extraction however without it is not cost efficient, and extremely taxing. Which is why we require your expertise in the matter, the planet only needs minimal terraforming in selected areas in order to turn into a full industrial state.

Of course, we are aware that you yourselves have trouble with manpower as well as quick-construction of a full scale industrial upgrade, which is why the Legion has decided to contact both the Colonial Republic as well as the Independent Miners Guild.

But first, before contacting the IMG I wanted to see if the Republic would be up to the undertaking, the compensation for your assistance would of course be greatly beneficial to the Republic as well.

I'll be waiting for your reply Mister Anders, have a nice evening.

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Industrial Benefits - SummerMcLovin - 05-31-2013

Admiral,

Ah, terraforming. We have been called "planet tamers" in the past, what with one of the moons in Crayter back in our prime and a few new techniques picked up with our time with Planetform. You'll likely know of Borneo, Pecos and what I've been running down on Yuma - these sorts of light terraforming seem to be much more what you would be looking to emulate.

'Manpower' may not be as much of a problem as you have guessed. It is mostly a matter of resources, and Yuma's nature preventing us from starting any large-scale operations there. There are many on Pecos who might appreciate a 'holiday' to Guadalajara, if you can provide them with something to work with. I'm sure we can work out some benefit to both sides through whatever can be arranged. Getting the Guild involved would also be a good step and likely open up some resources.

One thing that may interest you in particular, given your only method of reaching the surface, are our Celestra shuttles which are designed for atmospheric flight, exit and re-entry. Keeping them within Vespucci would avoid any repercussions, if you feel you could benefit from having some constructed for you.

Overall, I think this would be something we can get involved in.

Regards,
Liam Anders

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Industrial Benefits - Soul Reaper - 05-31-2013

Target ID: Minister Liam Anders, Guildmaster Stephen Schwerdtfeger

This transmission data stream is now open to the IMG Guildmasters, specifically Mister Schwerdtfeger, the Guilmaster of Independent Worlds for the IMG, I believe.

You've been given pre-access transmission data as well Mister Schwerdtfeger to get an idea of the reason you've been asked to do business by the Legion. I know the IMG are more or so strictly all business, so I'll skip the pleasantries, they're already in the previous transmissions.

As stated previously the Legion is looking to exploit Planet Guadalajara's extensive resource deposits and the IMG was the first on our list, our standing relationship of being neutral to one another and the IMG giving the Legion access to Sirius trade via Freeport 4 has of course, been a major influence in our selection. But we would like to do further business, the IMG I believe have the tools, manpower and expertise required to start a planetary-scale resource extraction on Guadalajara. The Republic is here to see that the environment is scaled down to be less hostile, thus making it more cost-efficient for the IMG to come in and start operations.

Even then however, the Legion will still be paying for most of the operation's fees as well as obviously taking care of operation security. The Legion will of course is willing to compensate the IMG for their assistance in the matter generously. But before getting into details, I'd like to know if the IMG would be willing to work with us? And I'm aware that even though the IMG does not focus its operations in Liberty, the Legion will still make sure that everything is done discreetly in order to protect any relations you might have with the Republic of Liberty.

I await your reply Guildmaster, have a nice day.

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Now open to IMG| - SummerMcLovin - 05-31-2013

Admiral, Guildmaster,

The Legion providing the resources and funding and the Guild and Republic being provided with jobs in exchange for expertise seems a suitable solution. That is, if the Guild is willing to involve themselves.

In return, I would hope to see some of the resources we help unlock head our way (to benefit the fleet and people on Pecos and Yuma), and perhaps a market for additional materials. Of course, a favour in mind with the Legion is still a boon in itself on top of that.

Regards,
Liam Anders

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Now open to IMG| - Jack_Henderson - 06-03-2013

[Image: stephen.png]

**** SENDER: Stephen Schwerdtfeger, IMG Guildmaster ****

**** TO: Hellfire Legion Headquarters, Colonial Headquarters ****

Dear Mr. Anders, dear Admiral,

first let me start with an apology. The last days have been hectic. But this matter deserves to be dealt with carefully, and here I am to do this now.

When I read your suggestion correctly, the Legion invited the IMG to start a planetary mining operation for resources on Planet Guadalajara. The IMG has a lot of experience in space as well as planetary mining operations. Camp Lister in Coronado, extracting resources from Planet Pecos is only one of the examples. So, definitely we have the know-how and the people to do this job.

You have already mentioned the security risk. The IMG's maps of the system containing Guadalajara are outdated, likely. To assess the real risk, an exploration group has to get on site.

To get this mission off the ground: I can offer to deploy a group of geologists and mining experts, as well as a security and politcal analysts' team in 24 hours, if we get the call.

However, we might need to have the shuttle picked up because it likely doesn't have the locations mapped out and I would hate to have them fly into the dark.

If you allow such a first mission to clarify a few of the mission parameters, I would have the crew called in and the shuttle readied for fast departure.

It will be a pleasure getting into this.

I am looking forward to your answer

Stephen Schwerdtfeger
Guildmaster

[Image: end.png]

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Now open to IMG| - Soul Reaper - 06-03-2013

Guildmaster,

There is no security risk within the Vespucci system, it is completely contained and sealed off by the Hellfire Legion, any and all security risks come from the outside. As for the planet itself, upon your agreement to the contract a detailed survey and analysis of construction sites will be given to you by the Legion as well as the Republic's pre-construction terraforming operations.

If required, you will be given permission to have an exploratory vessel survey the construction sites for themselves, however any and all flights in system will be in a narrow corridor to and from the planet. And as per Legion protocols in Vespucci, the only thing I can give access to the IMG to bring in security-wise is a single fighter vessel at maximum, and that's only a gesture of our trust. The Legion itself will be handling the security of all your vessels in-space and operations on planet or in-atmosphere.

While these terms might seem a bit strict, I must remind you that this is not house-space and we are not a random group of mercenaries looking to exploit a wreck. The Hellfire Legion is at war with a powerful house with major influence and the security of our territory comes before anything.

Just to be clear, these terms will apply to the Colonial Republic as well.

I await your answer Guildmaster, I hope you enjoy your evening and that we can come to business terms.

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Now open to IMG| - Jack_Henderson - 06-04-2013

[Image: stephen.png]

**** SENDER: Stephen Schwerdtfeger, IMG Guildmaster ****

**** TO: Hellfire Legion Headquarters, Colonial Headquarters ****

Dear Mr. Anders, dear Admiral,

the Guild has no reason to not agree with the terms set for the survey operation.

The team for the survey operation has been assembled and depending on the amount of needed materials, there will be two or three transports incoming, one of which could also be a shuttle.

The exact number and types of ships, the IDs of the persons on board, as well as papers about the cargo will be transmitted once the team has assessed the available data to get the right equipment loaded.

The Research team asked me to request a status update on the situation on the planet, especially what the infrastructure looks like at the surface. Most of the survey equipment is meant for scans from space, but for the actual assessent of resource quality and quantity, planetary landing, access to the spot, drilling and other operations might be necessary, depending on the situation.

Good luck and we are in the process of getting this expedition prepare and planned. I am looking forward to your reply.

Stephen Schwerdtfeger
Guildmaster

[Image: end.png]

RE: To: The Colonial Government || Now open to IMG| - Soul Reaper - 06-05-2013

Guildmaster,

Detailed information will be sent to the Guild once required, the Legion has already done detailed surveys on the resources available in the planet's crust. Your ships will of course be allowed to do their own surveys and mineral checks on the areas that will be shown to you for construction. However before the Guild, the Republic's own survey and the early terraforming process must begin first. As for current infrastructure, the Legion is preparing the construction sites, mainly securing the locations beforehand, which is almost complete.

Minister Anders,

As the Guild seems to be with us, I'm guessing yourselves are too, as I've mentioned, the areas are almost ready to start terraforming however there's still a few things to do before the operation may begun, but until that you may send any exploratory vessels to the given areas if you feel the need to conduct your own analysis and if our data seems insufficient.

I will be contacting both parties privately to negotiate your compensations for the project, which I assure you your participation in assisting the Legion has already started putting up green flags in command.

I bid you a fair day.