Discovery Gaming Community
Server performance issues - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Server performance issues (/showthread.php?tid=995)

Pages: 1 2

Server performance issues - Igiss - 05-10-2006

There were reports of lags and server slowdowns in the recent days, and there's a reason why it's happening.

Server error logs contain multiple reports of errors that are most probably caused by different client-server mod versions. As I changed exe version when releasing last beta and you couldn't actually log on to the server using wrong mod version, it might be caused by malicious actions of one of the players who edited exe files and logs on with some other mod version. I have no proof yet and I might as well be wrong, but watch out.

Also I repeat that everyone who owns Raven Claw should re-buy the ship as soon as possible, as its old (pre-Beta 5) loadout contains an error that is also being reported by server, thus slowing it down.

Server performance issues - Nightfall - 05-10-2006

*quickly goes to buy something else*

Server performance issues - Igiss - 05-10-2006

You may buy same ship as well, only buy something cheap for transition (re-buying same ship usually causes cheat reporting messages, cause server does not understand why you are doing this).

Server performance issues - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-10-2006

Oh boy, this is turning into an expensive week, what with the name changes aswell.
*Goes off to kill a shed load of Nomads*

Hoodlum :(

Server performance issues - Jamez - 05-10-2006

I can't PvP properly.
It's too laggy.

:(

Get well soon server!

Server performance issues - Korrd - 05-10-2006

Ok. I will rebuy my raven

Server performance issues - gezza999 - 05-10-2006

I got a slipstream but not a raven. Also why is the server lagging? i cant fight with all this friggin lag! >,<. Hope it stops soon. Is it just the raven or other stuff aswell?

Server performance issues - Dab - 05-10-2006

This might be the reason it is messing up wityh the Ravenclaw. The second thruster mount disappeared and the thruster I had there disappeared as well but still allows me to use it. For the time being I unequuiped the Nomaqd thruster as I could still see it so that I am only going 200 not 300...

Server performance issues - Igiss - 05-11-2006

Well guys, I don't know what to do except for starting to ban people or delete ships. I announced on forums, on server, included a new line into regular server banners - that everyone must rebuy Raven Claw - and still majority of server error messages that I get are from Raven Claw. I'm real unhappy :(

Server performance issues - Nightfall - 05-11-2006

Well, mine's not a Raven Claw anymore (as of yesterday), but unfortunately there are people who don't read forums too :(