Discovery Gaming Community
To: JIVA cooperation [Dr. Á. Varðrdottir] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: JIVA cooperation [Dr. Á. Varðrdottir] (/showthread.php?tid=99531)

To: JIVA cooperation [Dr. Á. Varðrdottir] - Major_Mayhem - 05-30-2013

[Image: kelly.png]

Dear Dr. Ásgærðr Varðrdottir

As you may recall you are but a guest at Corinth Research Station. As you also might know: Kosenayr Tech. Inc. (KTI) is the major shareholder of Corinth Research Station. And as KTI’s CEO my voice does carry some weight in the affairs of Corinth Research Station.

Even more so, because of the shares I and my colleagues at the board of Directors of Omicron Supply Industries own privately. Who are hereby represented by me in this matter.

You are undoubtedly aware that both OSI and Phoenix - which is our scientific collaborator at Corinth - have agreed to the terms of the Order. With both the desire for a stable relationship with the order and the knowledge that The Order is most aware of the nomad-thread and most experienced in handling these dangerous animals. It is, therefore, wise to follow the recommendations of The Order.

We both may not agree on how they enforce people to oblige their recommendations. But, I understand their strict stance of The Order on this subject given the catastrophic consequences that false handling of this matter could cause. Therefore let me make thing simple for you:

You either abide by the regulations presented by the Order or you will see that you may lack funding for your research.

That being said: I know that you are in the Board of research. However, even here I can practically guarantee that if they see their funding threatened they will rather get rid of you than their funding.

Of course this is my personal opinion and my words. I’m pretty sure nobody else would put it that harshly and most certainly not OSI’s CEO. But even nice words won’t change your situation to the better.

In the hope that you may indeed rethink your position
Jason Kelly

Chief of Operation of Omicron Supply Industries
CEO of Kosenayr Technologies Incorporated
[Image: transmissionbottom.png]

RE: To: JIVA cooperation [Dr. Á. Varðrdottir] - JIVA - 05-31-2013

[Image: JIVAmessageSTART_zps863c9537.png]

"- - - The person you are trying to call is currently not available - - - this is an automatic response system - - - dear [Jason Kelly, Chief of Operation of Omicron Supply Industries, CEO of Kosenayr Technologies Incorporated] - - - your inquiry was received and acknowledged - - - your request was impossible to comply with - - - please check your database to confirm your inquiry - - - have a pleasant day - - -"

[Image: JIVAmessageEND_zps9abf4b0e.png]

RE: To: JIVA cooperation [Dr. Á. Varðrdottir] - Major_Mayhem - 05-31-2013

[Image: kelly.png]

Dear Dr. Ásgærðr Varðrdottir

You’ve got to be kidding me. It is one thing to be rude to an “outsider” like The Order, to portray them as dictatorial ragtag and question their authority for imposing laws on how to handle nomad-materials. In that matter: The Order scientist are the corypheus concerning nomad- and xenobiological-research. Thus you questioning the authority of The Order is just proof of your own hybris.

Another thing entirely is to bite the hand that - quite literally - feeds you. Actually, it’s me who signs the checks of both KTI and OSI which fund Corinth Research Station. Never in my life have I been threatened so rudely by someone who is in need of the money I happen to give. In my days I have overseen quite a few projects and I can tell that by not answering personally you have a severe lack of dedication to your research. And that is what I am seriously taking offence to.

Thirdly: I actually do know that you’ve claimed to abide by the law of The Order. However, your stance toward The Order and your impolite behavior towards people with superior knowledge in the field let me to question the sincerity of your claims. Consequently, claiming to abide by the regulations presented by The Order is not good enough. You actually have to abide by them in your day-to-day research or...well..else.

Personally I very much like the humble scientists, who accept the fact that they know just a tiny fraction about the wonders of the universe. People who are filled with wonder. This set of mind also incorporates thinking about the potential dangers, which - due to incomplete knowledge - cannot be excluded or controlled, which in turn is exactly what The Order does. Are they overly cautious? Maybe yes, but then again it was their caution who saved our collective buts just a few decades ago.

I am nearly fifty years old. I have seen the potential disastrous consequences that false handling of nomad material can lead to. Millions dead, millions wounded and we’ve just managed to repair the damage of this war. And I am not taking the slightest chance that some egocentric self-proclaimed scientist causes another disaster. Therefore, I take personal interest in the adherence of security regulations concerning nomad materials.

Due to the fact that scientific publications of Corinth ends with the following statement

Quote:ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

This work was granted financial support from [...] Omicron Supply Industries Science Foundation for Xenobiological research and Kosenayr Technologies Science Foundation for Research in advanced Materials and Technologies [...] ([...]Grant No. 2087xxxx [and] 9102yyyy [...])

As both Director of Omicron Supply Industries and CEO of Kosenayr Tech. Inc. it would be disastrous if a science project founded by the corporations I’m associated with would lead to catastrophic events. Therefore, I take professional interest in the adherence of security regulations concerning nomad materials.

So now that you know the details of my position I would like you to explain as thoroughly why you think that you can throw caution to the wind when it comes to transporting nomad-materials?

Jason Kelly
Chief of Operation of Omicron Supply Industries
CEO of Kosenayr Technologies Incorporated
[Image: transmissionbottom.png]

RE: To: JIVA cooperation [Dr. Á. Varðrdottir] - JIVA - 05-31-2013

[Image: JIVAmessageSTART_zps863c9537.png]
"This is a recorded message from Dr.Varðrdottir - please stand by - - -

- - - Dear mr Kelly, due to our extended missons to the uncharted outskirts of the edgeworlds we were not aware of the involvement of the OSI in in the board of directors of the Corinth Research Facility. When the JIVA expedition group with which i returned just two months ago set off from Corinth over two years ago, Corinth was run by the Omicron group that inhabited 74.

I am also happy to tell you that Corinth is not in danger from our research. As we told the Order, we have abandoned the research on sentient level III species and biomass and moved to spacebound spores and micro-organisms found in various parts of sirius.

Safety is one of our primary concerns, too. That is why the JIVA group has already cleared all our labs and offices on Corinth and moved our data and equipment to a new location that provides a one hundred percent isolation in a remote area of space. It is and has always been our utmost concern for maximum safetey of station personnel and staff.

In terms of financial claims, we are also glad to say that we do have independent sponsors that fund our operations as well as our own traders. That is why we are not a mere department but a corporation. We are not fully self sufficient and have gladly worked with Corinth in close cooperation in the past, but since the catastrophic events of Phase III, we have strengthened our financial department to allow for more freedom, independence and safety.

Lastly, i am afraid i cannot share further details about our current research plans as we have abandoned Corinth research station effectivly and my hands are tied due to our contracts with our partners.

If you do have further questions about Phase II, III, IV however - i am sure i can share our official reports with you as those happened under the supervision of Corinth. I must insist on an official and authenticated ( timestamped ) claim of administration or membership of the board of Xeno-biology research on Corinth in the years of 816, 818 and 820 AS. [817/Phase II, 2008 - 818/Phase III, 2010 - 820/Phase IV - 2012]

sincerely Dr. Ásgærðr Varðrdottir

[Image: JIVAmessageEND_zps9abf4b0e.png]