Discovery Gaming Community
Submergence - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Submergence (/showthread.php?tid=99594)

Pages: 1 2

Submergence - Remilia Scarlet - 05-31-2013

[Image: 1-34_zpsf36a3cf4.png]

Sigma 17 system,

a small moving dot flashed between the greenish gas clouds. Remilia was sitting in her pilot chair watching her Titan's systems showing red status one by one and alert began to give her a headache.

"Crap ..."

This fight went not really well for Remillia and now she was thinking on what to do. The ship was badly damaged by a mine's exploadion just near the left wing. She looked over her left shoulder to check out the wing from cockpit's window. The wing was severely damaged and the engine was not showing any signs of life, some armor plates has been completely blown away exposing burned parts and wires.

She wiped the blood from her face. One of the monitors fell off from its mount and struck her in the head.

"Had to wear the damn helmet, damn it"

This idea came clearly overdue and a headache began to overcome her.

"Titan" has continued to drift slowly through the space. It was hard to believe that it's how it will end. For many times Remilia was treaking death but her luck was obviously running dry as her damaged ship was moving deeper and deeprt into the clouds of "Kunashir." Chance that someone will find her here was extremely small and the perspective of becoming a frozen corpse inside the ghost ship was not very inspiring.

The hours were passing and the ship began to slowly sink into the darkness. The main reactor has stopped a while ago and the life support system was shutting off systems one by one in despair attempt to save the battery charge for systems of primary importance. It was getting cold ... very cold. And dark.

RE: Submergence. - Remilia Scarlet - 05-31-2013

[Image: 2-32_zpse7db40c4.png]

The storm,

It was already begining. The lightnings from static electricity pierced the space where the concentration of gas was sufficient for it paining the cloud pokets in grim manner in this deep outer space.

"Taishi 1 to the base, do you copy?"

The speakers of the dying com-link suddenly got back to life catching a weak transmission. The accent was so familiar. Remillia took a look at the display.

"Broken, of cause"

Speakers continued to pass the statics which suggested that the source is located at a considerably long distance. She was trying to figure out who could this be - Friends? Enemies?. Accent was Kusarian without any doubt, this is probably a patrol or a transport .. in either way it was a chance.

But how to notice the Kusaris of her presence? It was the most difficult part. There will be only one chance. Only one.

... and Remilia cut off the life support sysem.

"Rerouting energy on weapon systems, online. Radar, lock on target"

Whispers broke from her lips, her hands were shaking. Adrenaline was already running in her veins. Radar came to life along with cockpit's breathing systems falling off. Target is locked. It's information appeared on the targetting display. It was a transport.

"Wish me luck" - Whispered Remilia.

And pulled the trigger.

RE: Submergence. - Remilia Scarlet - 05-31-2013

[Image: 3-10_zps54879f4b.png]

The flash of light in the darkness,

interception missile's engines got to life and intensive point of light went to seek it's target. Only a small chance. Never before was Remilia looking at this little point of light with such a hope.

"What! Missile on our three! Use countermeasures! Search for the target!"

Com-link transmissions filled the cocpit with various commands and messages from the unknown ships. But it was already difficult for her to keep track on situation. The air became heavy and it was harder to breathe with every next breath. Ship's systems began to fall all together when the last bits of energy from accumulators has been used and the world began to submerge into the darkness.

Remilia unstraped herself from the belts in hope that it will help to breathe. The only hope that remained was that Kusarians won't blow the Titan away when they find it.

Time was passing slowly as crap. It was flowing like a water, it seemed that you can reach out and touch the time itself with your bare hands.

She was losing consciousness.

"Well, apparently that's it, my game is played.."

The last sparks of consciousness left her and she didn't saw how the cockpit was lit by the bright light.

RE: Submergence. - Remilia Scarlet - 06-01-2013

[Image: 4-8_zps90bca341.png]

Darkness.

Am I dead? I can see only darkness, and there is no end to it.

Voices.

Distant voices, I can hear them but I can't understand what they are telling me. Who can it be?

What happened?

I can't remember. Memory only remembers the pain, I want to scream but I can't. I can sence myself but not my body. I can't feel it.

Where am I?

Space and time have lost value .. How long have I been here? What is this place? There is cold here.

Insanity.

I want to run away, but I don't feel my legs. I want to scream, but can't hear my own voice. I'm screaming inside my mind, and no one hear it.

Coma.

RE: Submergence. - Remilia Scarlet - 06-01-2013

[Image: 5-7_zpsdef38058.png]

Two figures stood in the hospital's corridor in the spaceport on the planet Kurile. Research facility where the port was located was already falling into the night. Local time was closing to the night hours and only few lonely people could be seen slowly walking back to their homes.

Hospital corridor was empty and only lone nurse's steps could be heard echoing from it's walls.

The two were standing near the door to one of the rooms talking quietly, and their conversation was barely hearable even in the silence of the hospital chambers. One of them was holding a pilot's helmet also wearing the naval forces uniform. He was of a medium height and apparently was an officer. Another one looked like a typical doctor and was perfectly fitting into the surrounding atmosphere.

"Are you sure? First I heard news about Corsair raider being hit by our patrol but now I'm not sure...."

"I was surprised as well, Tanaka-san. We saw a missile approaching the transport with the new equipement and decided to attack. Yet I couldn't belive someone is attacking us so openly so close to our patrol routes."

"But this woman ..."

"Yes, yes. Her "Titan" was heavily damaged and was just drifting in space intact. I went closer and lit the cockpit with my Chimera's spotlight but then Hiro-kun, my wingman, suddenly decided to launch a rocket. He's afraid of Corsairs."

"She was very lucky that she survived at all, but these injuries ... we still do not know who she is and what she was doing there. We couldn't find any identification papers or cards. Her ship is helpless as well for it was almost utterly destroyed."

"I'll try to find out who she is, but there is no much hope. How about her condition?"

"She is in a deep coma, but it's for the best. There are a lot of external tissues damage and inner organs are damaged as well - we can solve some of those problems here but defenetely not all. Send her back to Honshu."

"Doctor, you must understand that ..."

"And yet, I insist, we've got just a research station here and we don't have the equipment and experienced people to do the necessary surjery. I'll take the responsibility if necessary"

"Fine, you've convinced me, I'll talk to the Command, and if everything goes well, we will send her back to Honshu with the Samura trasport."

"Very good, now I hope you'll excuse me - I have to go to visit few more of my patients."

The figure in white clothes turned around and went away. KNF officer stood at the door for few more seconds and decided that he must go as well. He looked through the small window in the chamber door. There was a girl lying on the bed. She was around 20-24 age and was entangled with wires and sensors of the life support system.

He sighed and left as well leaving the corridor to the falling night.

RE: Submergence. - Remilia Scarlet - 06-02-2013

[Image: 5-7_zps0b670716.png]

Transport, accompanied by two "Eagles", went out from the gates on the far reach of the Sigma 19 and slowly turned on the course back to Kusari. The flight was going normally and without any problems all the way from the space port on Kurile. There were only few dozens of passangers on board mainly composed of scientists and workers who was returning back from Kurile after many monthes of work in isolated station. Cargo bays and storages were almost empty not counting the broken equpment and samples of alien organisms for research so the vessel was going smoothly and after a swift acceleration was going on a full speed.

It was already a night according to the ship's local time. Ships just entered the gas clouds on the edge of the nebula and after reaching the GMG territory they activated the trade lane and went on a sublight speed to the nearest gates back to the Kusari space. Lights in the corridors were already turned off since most of the crew and passangers went to their beds to shorten the travel time with good sleep.

However the medical bay's lights were on this night. It was clear that there was not a regular patient travelling inside the medial bay for the entrance was guarded by two Naval Forces guards. Both of them were dieing of boredom because they knew the captured pilot was unconscious inside the life support capsula. Nurse was sitting near the capsula and checking the information from the display that was patched to it. Night was promising to be long.

But ...

In all of a sudden the next trade lane arch realeased the huge wave of energy and went offline forcing the ships to drop off from the route and deaccelerate dramatically fast. Everything that wasn't fixed up to the floor or walls went on the loose flying across the rooms and corridors. Alert went on screaming and the burning debries of the first "Eagle" rammed the transport's hull.

RE: Submergence. - Remilia Scarlet - 06-22-2013

[Image: 1_zps234000b2.png]

The big-arse hole in the transport's hull looked like a wound on the body of a dead whale. The ship was dying and its engines fell silent forever thanks to some accurate hits. Shots went through the armored plating like it was made of butter and hit the reactor chamber and other inner structure units and the ship was now quietly drifting through the space. Corridors already were not lit nor supplied by the oxygen. Oxygen supply system was shut down and the inner atmosphere was winded out into the open space. Two figures in spacesuits were slowly moving through the dead ship.

"The information was not correct, we must continue the search somewhere elsewhere. Why are we keep searching this ship? What we are looking for is not here."

"I find it interesting. We do not often get the opportunity to take prisoners. Thanks to you there is probably none left again. We need information, remember? Scroll is not here. But, maybe, we'll find something more interesting, I don't want the whole operation to be carried out in vain." - A woman's voice answered him.

"And what do you want to find in these ruins? Everyone are probably dead." - Said the first figure with a man's voice while moving some floating corpse off from their way.

"We need to try to find something useful. This transport took off a bit ahead of schedule so it's express flight. There must be something explaining why they were in a hurry. Our contact though it must be connected with the object of our interest. But apparently not, it's something else. We have to search the ship before leaving."

"Well, let's just move faster. I don't want to be involved into another fight. They could manage to send a distress signal."

Soon enough they reached the door marked as "Medical Bay" with 2 dead bodies in the KNF uniform floating next to it. Those were apparently killed by the pressure drop. The door was locked and it took a couple of shots from the blaster to tear it off its hinges.

"Yeah, and that's probably our prize. Guessing it off the dead guards here."

"Let's see if this "someone" you're talking about is not yet dead"

They slept in and stopped near the medical capsule.

"Hm, that's a woman"

"Definitely a woman, sensors says that she is still alive. Lucky bitch."

"And what shall we do, I can't recognize her, she's not even Kusarian. But apparently the transport left early because of her. 20 minutes ago she was the closest to death person aboard and now she's the most distant one. How do you like the irony? Let's kill her now and go - there is nothing interesting."

"No, wait. Let's take her with us. At least something. She may know something.. or..
we'll use her."

"Do you really think it's a great idea? We need hosts but it's not wise to collect all the half-dead rubbish, you know."

"Stop arguing and push the capsule to the exit. We're leaving, there is no room even for us inside this dead ship."

RE: Submergence. - Remilia Scarlet - 06-22-2013

[Image: 2_zpsd3ea147b.png]

Remilia woke up and her eyelids slowly and reluctantly made an attempt to open up. Her vision was kinda cloudy and she just notices the steel walls because couldn't recognize any details about the room.

Remilia made an attempt to move and the body answered with unbearable pain. Pain made her scream but it wasn't laud because there was a breathing mask on her face. Pain was pulsing in her head and she decided not to move.

"Still Alive, at least."

Thoughts were confused and she could hardly remember what happened. She couldn't move so she just decided to continue to lie as it is trying to bring her thoughts together. She then realized that she's tied to the bed with belts.

"And that's interesting... what the crap...?"

She couldn't see or feel her arm but could feel the numerous tubes connecting her to some kind of life support system. Those were patched very badly without caring about the patient from how it felt - she couldn't feel a fair part of her body at all but what she felt were only various kinds of pain.

Remilia was waiting there for some time before the doors finally slept to the sides opening the way for 3 figures to enter.She couldn't recognize those people either. One was dressed as a scientist and two other as the KNF officers. But she felt something "wrong" about those but couldn't understand what exactly.

"Well, she woke up at least" - said the woman in the KNF uniform.

"Yes, finally. Humans are so fragile - she was sleeping here for two weeks and I'm already tired of waiting in the middle of the first one"

Remilia tensed but her mind was still foggy, apparently the effects of medical drugs, so she couldn't get where the feeling of danger comes from.

"So... *cough* who are you... all bunch... there and where am I?.." - she decided to speak up finally.

"Who are we?" - She giggled.

"It doesn't matter now. What matters is who are you. So who are you? We have a giant and deep sea of questions and you better start to answer straight away" - The man in KNF uniform wasn't acting friendly for sure.

Remilia saw no reasons to hide anything in that situation but she also felt there is no need to wind out all the info. She didn't felt like satisfying their curiosity so easily.

"I... would have said already but... what about manners?.." - Her attempt to look cool in that situation was kinda pathetic.

"Hahaha, I like this bitch. Told you it will be interesting, eh?"

The man decided to ignore the attack and continued.

"Shut up and answer the questions. We couldn't find anything on board on your identity so you better tell now - who're you and why was you on board of the KNF transport?"

The situation wasn't evolving to any good.

"You're... from KNF, no?... *she made a pause* Ask yourself... I don't remember anything..."

"Great, incredible usefulness we can see here. DO you remember at least your NAME?" - the woman finally decided to break in into the conversation.

Remilia sighted.

"Yes... my name is Remilia... Scarlet."

RE: Submergence. - Muramasa - 06-26-2013

Quote:SUBJECT: Scarlet, Remilia
BIRTHPLACE: <Missing>
BIRTHDATE: <Missing>
HEALTH RECORD {
Broken ribs, left 9th and 10th - Surgery performed.
Lacerations in neck - Surgery performed and sealed.
Crushed hand - Limb replacement performed.
Myocardial Infarction - Organ replacement performed.

CURRENT STATUS: <PENDING EVALUATION>

~"Wake up"~

A male voice echoed in Remilia's mind several times. Soon after she opened her eyes, the voice proved to be the lesser of her annoyances.

A sharp pain crawled up her left arm everytime she attempted to move her wrist, the rib cage hurt whenever she would try to get up from the floor and so would her neck while glancing around the narrow cell room she was in.

Polished metal walls and a blast door with an electronic lock were her companions now. But the light, also the light in the ceiling, flashing a tone between cyan and white that left no place for any shadow.

~"Follow the light"~

Another echo replaced her thoughts and immediately after everything became dark.

RE: Submergence - Remilia Scarlet - 06-30-2013

[Image: 1_zps2e960bd1.png]

The pain,

it was unbearable to the point that Remilia writhed on the floor of the prison cell. Horrible, full of suffering, cry was pulling out of her mouth every time she was trying to move. Her eyesight darkened, and from time to time she was loosing consciousness. The body was refusing to accept implants that now were replacing some of her inner organs and the whole left arm from the shoulder. Those people... those who were questioning her... she could hardly remember their faces. KNF. The dark hatred was growing up from the seeds of pain rapidly in her very soul. With each pain strike her mind was immersing into the all-consuming hatred and thirst for revenge. And those feelings have suppressed all the other emotions.

She didn't knew how much time have passed. It wasn't relevant.. no matter. The pain gradually passed away and she was able to sit leaning against the wall of the cell. She was wearing just a simple shirt and pants, dirty and soaked in blood. The left hand has been replaced with an artificial limb made of metal alloy and plastic. Made rather crudely but it was working pretty well. The pain in the shoulder in the place where the hand was amputated and replaces with the new one was not allowing her to move the new hand well. She also couldn't talk well and few huge scars were going through her neck. Breathing was also not easy and the chest was giving a pain constantly with 3 scars on it, the evidence of the cruel surgery.

She took a look around. The cell was small, with smooth walls without windows. The cell was basicly a cube with nothing more then a massive door in one of the walls. The cell was dirty and wasn't lit well so she didn't noticed a few small cameras at the corners potently looking after her.

Remilia decided to lay back on the floor, it was necessary to restore at least some strength. There was nothing to do anyway, the door was closed and locked from outside and she didn't knew what to do.

"Fucking bastards... what the hell.. what the ..."

Thoughts were confused and she couldn't remember what happened. Who were those KNF officers? What the hell they wanted to hear? And where the hell she is? Why her wounds were treated so cruelly - it wasn't looking any close to the work of any doctor from any hospital on any Kusari planet. Various scenes were popping up in her mind but everything was puzzled and she couldn't understand anything.

But she knew what she wanted to do the most. Blood for the blood - she wanted to have a talk with those who was playing with her, she wanted to REPLY.

She was lying on her back in the cell for a fair time, trying to get all the parts of the puzzle together. She didn't made any success and soon the pain just replaced all the

reason and logic with hatred and blood lust, she wanted to kill someone. The light in the cell suddenly began to flash and then switched off completely. The magnetic lock on the door switched with the snap and the door slowly moved opening the way out.

The opportunity stroke her like a lightning and she, ignoring the pain, rushed out of the cell.

It was time to repay greatly.