Discovery Gaming Community
Ames Research Station is a thief! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ames Research Station is a thief! (/showthread.php?tid=99865)

Ames Research Station is a thief! - McDoogan - 06-05-2013

I went there to buy the Conference ship. Bought the ship just fine. Outfitting the ship, however, robbed me of time and sanity. First, I notice my Zoner ID is gone. Try to buy another one. It makes the sound, says "Mounted", and charges me for said ID. Yet it does not appear on the left. Still no ID.

So I relog. Still no ID appearing. I try to undock thinking if it really isn't there then it won't let me undock. I undocked just fine. Still no ID.

I redock. Now I notice my old shield (Freighter Class 6 20k) is gone. My Codename weapons are there though. Odd. Go to buy 4 Basic Gunboat Turrets. Makes the sound and says "Mounted" every time. Guess what, not there.

I undock, hoping to see some gunfire come out anyway. Nope. Time to redock.

I cautiously click on another Basic Gunboat Turret to see what happens. It bought one. It actually appeared. FINALLY!

So i click it 2 more times and then go to buy the much more expensive Basic Gunboat Missile Turrets. NOPE! Took my money though. Must be a government base.

I'm about to bring my Aquilon to Ames and fire on it all day long. That MIGHT make me feel better.

Are there ever any [ANGELS] online because I'VE never seen one.

RE: Ames Research Station is a thief! - McDoogan - 06-05-2013

Went to Freeport 2 in Bering and had the exact same problem. I guess I should change the name of the topic to "I am bugged".

I noticed the other day I couldn't tractor anything in while flying the Aquilon. It does the animation and sound effect for tractoring something but just stays on until I either hit SHIFT + B or move out of range.

RE: Ames Research Station is a thief! - Champ - 06-06-2013

Either your connection is immensely awful or you have a creative issue with your installation. I suggest a reinstall of Discovery and Freelancer, but try to free up more of your bandwidth while playing.

RE: Ames Research Station is a thief! - McDoogan - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 12:23 AM)Champ Wrote: Either your connection is immensely awful or you have a creative issue with your installation. I suggest a reinstall of Discovery and Freelancer, but try to free up more of your bandwidth while playing.

I have 4 ships. The Conference is the only one affected in this way. The only similar issue it has with any other of my ships is that both it and the Aquilon have faulty tractor beams.

I don't see this being fixed by reinstalling when it is not an across-the-board issue.

RE: Ames Research Station is a thief! - AeternusDoleo - 06-06-2013

Faulty tractor is a symptom of not having an ID mounted. The IDs double as tractor beams, so that explains that one.
How much other equipment/cargo/stuff is on that ship? I'm not worried about xx units of something, only seperate cargo and equipment types.

Also, it tends to help to have the ship name if you'd like the admins to look into matters Wink

RE: Ames Research Station is a thief! - McDoogan - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 07:24 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Faulty tractor is a symptom of not having an ID mounted. The IDs double as tractor beams, so that explains that one.
How much other equipment/cargo/stuff is on that ship? I'm not worried about xx units of something, only seperate cargo and equipment types.

Also, it tends to help to have the ship name if you'd like the admins to look into matters Wink

The IDs appear as though they are mounted.

The ship name is McDoogan_Explorer

RE: Ames Research Station is a thief! - McDoogan - 06-14-2013

After hearing no response for a week I scoured the forums. I happened upon an article about a bugged tractor beam (one of my symptoms). So I unloaded all commodities (80 different types) to another ship and voila... bug fixed.