Discovery Gaming Community
The Core - Core| - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Approved Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+------ Thread: The Core - Core| (/showthread.php?tid=119205)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Core - Core| - The Core - 08-22-2014

[Image: tPkUD50.png]
[Image: 03jz8iO.png]

ID / IFF: Core / Core
Tag: Core|
Snubcraft: Core|Firstname.Lastname
Gunboats, Cruisers, Battleships: Core|Shipname
Transports: Core|APM-Shipname
Faction Anthem: Link

Synopsis
The Core is a Private Military Company operating within Edgeworlds and some Borderworlds. They're relentless and willing to do whatever it takes in order to crush their enemies and obtain alien technology within the Edgeworlds and Borderworlds. Any who oppose The Core, namely factions such as The Order and the Corsairs, are exterminated without mercy. The Core is funded by an unknown Contractor, so much so that The Core is virtually the Contractors own private military force.

Overview
Outside from the safety of the House colonies lies the Sirian final frontier: The Omicrons. The Omicrons are a mysterious place filled with unknown treasures, priceless rarities and breath taking sights unlike any other in Sirius. Zoners often set up their own colonies and Freeports within the Omicrons, choosing to opt for a peaceful existence away from the Houses. However, such beauty hides evils unbeknownst to the common explorer...

Deadly, terrifying alien creatures and their minions capable of manifesting and disappearing at will, aggressively striking down prey without a second thought. Menacing mechanical constructs roam the Omicrons with unknown agendas. Feral Corsairs and Outcasts continue to pirate and kill not only each other, but innocents within the Omicrons as well. And finally The Order, a malicious terrorist organization, seem intent on completing their goals, irrespective of whatever human or civil cost must be paid.

However, within the darkness exists a light. The Core, rising from the ashes yet again, strives to preserve, protect and install law and order within the harshness of the Omicrons. Functioning out of the contract provided by their contractor, as well as the objectives given to them by APM, The Core mercilessly cracks down on all hostile elements within the Omicrons, slaying them as part of their conquest. As well as this, they try to obtain as many alien materials and technologies as they can so that APM can create more powerful and potent weaponry and ships for The Core to use. Ultimately, the dream is for The Core and APM to create a peaceful Empire within the Omicrons. The Core also heads into the Borderworlds in order to hunt down targets, as well as retrieve alien technologies that can be found there too.

In the Edgeworlds and Borderworlds, people have safety knowing that the eye of The Core does not blink, is always vigilant and is merciless in pursuit of their goals.

Goals and Objectives
  • Obtain as much Alien Technology by all means possible for AP Manufacturing
  • Extermination of all hostile entities within the Edgeworlds and Borderworlds
  • Creation of an Empire within the Edgeworlds for our Contractor

History
[Image: iQyAFua.png]
The Bounty Hunters Guild Core originally rose as an elite group of Bounty Hunters working as an extension for The Bounty Hunters Guild within the Omicrons. For further information on The BHG Core, follow this link.

After the battle of Toledo in 819 AS, losses were suffered on both sides. It was evident that The BHG Core was unable to recuperate from their terrible loses and their organizational structure within The Core was failing. The financial support from the House Hunters was failing and was starting to become infeasible for The Core. APM soon began to find problems themselves, without having a strong source of income they had difficulty producing ships and equipment for The Core and The Bounty Hunters Guild. Fortunately, The BHG had enough wealth to ensure their own survival, as well as lease some blueprints of the ships APM produced to Libertonian and Bretonian Shipbuilders so that they still had vessels to hunt in. Slowly, it started to seem that The Core itself was an expendable part of the Bounty Hunters Guild. The Bounty Hunters Guild soon started to consider cutting off all support to The Core and pulling The Core out of the Edgeworlds. The Core found itself without a purpose, and thus labelled itself as a Private Military Company under the guise of the newly appointed 'Guildmaster' Erik Nodtviet.

However, in 821 AS, a large proportion of The Core's assets were bought by a mysterious Contractor. The Contractor provided all the funding required for The Core to resume it's goals and objectives, as The Contractor also had similar goals and objectives to the original Core. Soon, The Core was rearmed with all the necessary equipment and ships it required, and it set off to complete it's goals. Strangely, AP Manufacturing had also began producing ships and equipment again. It had become apparent that APM had regain it's lost wealth and had resumed being a healthy corporation. On top of that, APM had now hired The Core as it's own private military company operating within the Omicrons.

However, much darker and mysterious forces are at play here.

In actuality, The Core functions as the military arm for the mysterious shadow organization known as Ouroboros. The only personnel that knows of Ouroboros presence are the higher ups of the Core an AP Manufacturing.

Zone of Influence
Primary: Edgeworlds
Secondary: Borderworlds
Tertiary: House Space

Ranking Structure
Guildmaster - 1
The Guildmaster is the highest authority within The Core, he has authority over all units in the field, and his will is subject to enforcement by the Guildkeepers. He is tactful, wise, cunning. He's a strategist, whilst also being an opportunist. He takes the orders from the Contractor, and executes them as appropriate.
Allowed Technology: All

Guildkeeper - 2
Guildkeepers are the hands of the Guildmaster, they must ensure that missions are completed correctly, that foes are dealt with with sufficient force, and that the members of The Core remain loyal and true to their mission, by force if necessary. While command on the battlefield is generally in the hands of the Paladins, a Guildkeeper may take command should he deem it necessary to ensure ultimate victory.
Allowed Technology: All

Paladin
Paladins are the champions of The Core, warriors who have proven themselves as skilled fighters and capable leaders. They are expected to provide leadership and combat prowess when on the battlefield.
Allowed Technology: All Snubcraft, Transports, Gunboats/Gunships, Cruisers/Battlecruisers, Battleships with permission, All Weaponry and Equipment

Templar
Templars are highly trained elites of The Core. They're proficient in combat, tactics and completing their objectives. As such, they have been recognized by Core command and are praised for their efforts.
Allowed Technology: Snubcraft, Transports, Gunboats/Gunships, Cruisers/Battlecruisers with permission, Allows the use of foreign equipment and weaponry.

Guardian
Guardians are the initiate rank of The Core, they provide the main fighting force within The Core's armies, and are expected to be loyal and obedient, and to lay down their lives when commanded.
Allowed Technology: Snubcraft, Transports, Gunboats/Gunships with permission.

Diplomacy
Our Contractor: +1
APM: +1
Other contractors +0.9

Zoners: 0
Other factions: 0

Crimminals: -0.6
The Order: -0.9
Corsairs: -0.9
Outcasts: -0.9
Nomads: -0.9
Infested Forces: -0.9
Artificial Intelligence: -0.9
The SCRA: -0.9
Red Hessians: -0.9
Reapers Of Sirius: -0.9
People who get in our way: -1

The Core are generally willing to cooperate with anyone in order to reach their goals, as long as said helper does not get in their way. External factions that are not native to the Omicrons, such as house lawfuls, are not seen as enemies nor targets.
[Image: z8vXeqo.png]

Membership

Technology
  • AP Line (Sea Serpent, Hammerhead, Manta, Orca, Bottlenose, Thresher, Bullhead, Mako)
  • Liberty Lawful Technology
  • Bretonian Lawful Technology
  • Adapted Alien Technology
  • Civilian Technology
The above are restricted as specified by the ranks.

Relevant Links

ooRP Afterword
[Image: DaMGRqn.png]
Yay, an active Core faction. Hopefully we can keep that going, without the faction burning out ;-;
The Core aims to be a redux of the old BHG Core. It's got a completely new direction for it's lore with some slight diplomacy changes. The aim of this faction is to impose it's new lore onto the BHG Core faction as a whole, finally completing the dream of having a Core faction that still maintains it's purpose whilst being able to make sense within Disco's environment. The Core which will replace The Bounty Hunters Guild Core. And, as you have heard/read, The Core is split from BHG. The infocards are still being made, we have already been given the green light to present them to Yuri for the Omicron Update.
And about The Bounty Hunters Guild? Hell, I don't know. Generally we're trying not to interfere with any lore there, but removing/replacing anything about the BHG Core if we need to. We're also adapting new lore for AP Manufacturing too.

So yeah! Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment, give feedback and praise the glory of The Core below.

Admins, the cash can be taken from Core|Bank.2

RE: The Core - Core| - The Core - 08-23-2014

Any feedback yet? Also, will the Admins take the money?

RE: The Core - Core| - Vredes - 08-23-2014

Well, it is not nice faction members to give feedback, but I can say that The Core has turned to one of my favorite factions in disco. Great job with the reviving.

RE: The Core - Core| - Narcotic - 08-23-2014

Can only repeat myself about how I enjoyed my encounters with you. You seem to be a fitting replacement for the old Core who I missed a lot. Nice to see the gap finally being filled again.

Good luck with becoming official and maintaining that status for as long as the fun remains.

RE: The Core - Core| - pillow - 08-24-2014

Oh, yes, you guys are the cruel side of everyone.
I can say that if I'm not in my Cretan uniform or with some sort of magic powers to be neutral to you, I'm scared as hell. You're like a swarm of death and I love that.
Keep up the good work. RP and PvP. That's how I like 'em.

RE: The Core - Core| - Luke. - 08-24-2014

As a member of Core, I can't remember much happening except raiding one place or another. Bit more in way of constructive RP would be cool but eh, why not jump on the officialdom bandwagon. Good luck.

RE: The Core - Core| - n00bl3t - 08-24-2014

(08-22-2014, 10:34 PM)The Core Wrote: The Core, rising from the ashes yet again, strives to preserve, protect and install law and order within the harshness of the Omicrons.

Does sound a lot like Omicron police. I don't know how other factions in the area will take that, but considering you're hostile to most of them I don't think it will form too much of an issue.

Will you be forming NAPs/alliances with hardcoded enemies?

RE: The Core - Core| - The Core - 08-24-2014

(08-24-2014, 06:06 AM)n00bl3t Wrote:
(08-22-2014, 10:34 PM)The Core Wrote: The Core, rising from the ashes yet again, strives to preserve, protect and install law and order within the harshness of the Omicrons.

Does sound a lot like Omicron police. I don't know how other factions in the area will take that, but considering you're hostile to most of them I don't think it will form too much of an issue.
Originally with the BHG Core, they had a goal to create an Empire within the Omicrons. We're simply backup that up again. Though this time we want to go the extra mile, and set up a few things relating to that RP. Stay tuned Wink

(08-24-2014, 06:06 AM)n00bl3t Wrote: Will you be forming NAPs/alliances with hardcoded enemies?
Unlikely, we're still playing with the idea in our minds though.

RE: The Core - Core| - Vredes - 08-24-2014

(08-24-2014, 06:06 AM)n00bl3t Wrote: Does sound a lot like Omicron police. I don't know how other factions in the area will take that, but considering you're hostile to most of them I don't think it will form too much of an issue.

Ofc we are the police. We are eveything in the Omicrons. We are life and death, power and wealth, law and justice, we are the Gods of the Omicrons. At least thats how high the self opinion goes inRP.

RE: The Core - Core| - n00bl3t - 08-24-2014

(08-24-2014, 09:41 AM)Vredes Wrote:
(08-24-2014, 06:06 AM)n00bl3t Wrote: Does sound a lot like Omicron police. I don't know how other factions in the area will take that, but considering you're hostile to most of them I don't think it will form too much of an issue.

Ofc we are the police. We are eveything in the Omicrons. We are life and death, power and wealth, law and justice, we are the Gods of the Omicrons. At least thats how high the self opinion goes inRP.

Well suited as an adversary for Admiral Golanski.

I'll be keeping an eye out.