Discovery Gaming Community
Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=122389)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback - Task Force Gladius - 10-31-2014

[Image: yxs7pGT.png]

TASK FORCE GLADIUS

Information and FeedbackRecruitmentMessage DumpBiographies

-- Lore
For the detailed and complete Hellfire Legion lore please visit the wiki page.

[Image: Hg7FrAT.png]
Vespucci system wtih Dreadnought Ravager.

-- History of Gladius
Task Force Gladius was originally a segment of the Legion’s war machine working under Executive Commander Hunter, and was allocated to Pacifica base in Bering under an extension to an agreement with the Rheinland Arbeitergewerkschaft’s Unioner Department, who at the time had entered in to a small scale alliance. The Task Force included the Legion capital assets Incursus, Damocles and Excalibur. This Task Force was named aptly, as it’s intent was to stage guerilla attacks in to Bering, Hudson and Texas against Liberty’s naval assets, as well as the war machine of Rheinland, often in cooperation with the AGS. Hellfire liaison personnel were also stationed on Pacifica to maintain diplomacy with the AGS, and Gladius was also able to more easily reach out to the Legion’s other allies in Rheinland, such as the Hessian Army.

Task Force Gladius was recalled to Vespucci prior to the Schism (a civil war which left the Legion in a weakened state.) Gladius was effectively disbanded after the Schism as it’s capital assets were all separated, reassigned or returned to dry-dock for maintenance or assignment to other Legion forces.

[Image: RzIcjRB.png]
Automated storage center orbiting Planet Guadalajara.

-- Present Day
Vespucci. A shining beacon of freedom in the dark territories of Liberty. The light recedes, and the Legion answers.

The Legion had long ago recognised the need for Vespucci to become it’s own independent and sovereign nation in order to remain a viable force within Liberty and beyond. A lack of reliable exports and a need for mass funding for the Legion’s forces have left the system teetering on the edge of collapse, and many worry that it will only decline. Liberty’s war footing and the rise of groups of rebels, pirates, and other hostile forces in and around Liberty as the Legion’s forces dwindle in number have left Vespucci at risk, even with Ravager guarding the gates.

As such, Hellfire High Command has recently begun assigning personnel and assets to a new arm of the Legion. This Task Force is brought together under Fleet Admiral Desmond Noble, and is now given the burden of bringing Vespucci from it’s knees and making it a powerhouse of industry, population and influence again, while strengthening ties to former allies and major supporters outside of Vespucci.

Gladius is re-established from the ashes of Hellfire under new leadership.
While it no longer has the heavy hitting capital vessels Incursus, Damocles and Excalibur assigned to it, the men and women of Gladius are determined to restore Vespucci to it’s former glory through any means necessary. However, without a capital fleet for back up and operating deep within hostile space, this new Gladius uses the combat doctrine of the Gladius of old, spearheading hit and run attacks and utilising the guerrilla strategies employed so long ago by it’s former self.

[Image: raYPZzd.png]
Fort Leniex with Battleship Fate's Hand in the background.

-- Goals
  • To re-establish a proper base of operations.
  • To establish diplomacy with former Rheinland allies.
  • To recreate Gladius' infrastructure.
  • To support Vespucci’s more recent plan to attempt to create an independent sovereignty in nearby systems.

-- Nutshell
ID: Hellfire Legion
IFF: Hellfire Legion
Home system: Vespucci
Technology: Hellfire Legion line, Border Worlds line, Civilian line
-- Diplomacy
Allied:______ Mollys
_____________ Xenos

Friendly:____ Unioners
_____________ Red Hessians

Neutral:_____ Zoners
_____________ Colonial Republic
_____________ Independent Miners Guild

Unfriendly:__ Junkers
_____________ Bretonian Lawfuls
_____________ Kusari Lawfuls
_____________ Liberty Corporations

Hostile:_____ Rheinland Lawfuls
_____________ Liberty Rogues
_____________ Outcasts
_____________ Lane Hackers
_____________ Bounty Hunters Guild
_____________ Liberty Navy
_____________ Liberty Security Force
_____________ Liberty Police, Inc.

Please note the following before posting.

Quote:Feedback threads are:

-Places where you can provide constructive(Key word being constructive) ideas and suggestions that you believe will benefit the faction in question.

Feedback threads are NOT:

-places to complain about an incident with a member or members of the faction that you didn't like. That is what Skype and PMs are for.
-places to go "Hey, I like this faction. They're cool." or "I loved our interaction today". That's what the Kudos thread is for.
-places to make commentary on other peoples' feedback. That is what... You know what? That has no place. Don't do it.
-places to further a private agenda intended to try and smear a faction's name in the mud or similar hateful motives. If you're doing this, GET OUT.

RE: Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback - SnakThree - 11-01-2014

I had one encounter and I wish never to encounter you anymore. The interaction was complete crap. Starting from silently cruising away after being CDed while I was trying to put effort into proper verbal roleplay, then engaging me the instant you had your 2nd ship on radar. Then, after getting rolled and failing to run away, calling for even more backup. When not even the 3rd ship was able to do anything, the one I targeted started bumping asteroids in snub fight to be unhitable/untracable and finally even the 4th ship showed up to drop half arsed verbal roleplay from 7k away.

It's just sad.

RE: Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback - Task Force Gladius - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 07:07 PM)Snak3 Wrote: I had one encounter and I wish never to encounter you anymore. The interaction was complete crap. Starting from silently cruising away after being CDed while I was trying to put effort into proper verbal roleplay, then engaging me the instant you had your 2nd ship on radar. Then, after getting rolled and failing to run away, calling for even more backup. When not even the 3rd ship was able to do anything, the one I targeted started bumping asteroids in snub fight to be unhitable/untracable and finally even the 4th ship showed up to drop half arsed verbal roleplay from 7k away.

It's just sad.
Is that so? You didn't say more than two words to the ship you CD'd. Then, after repeated attempts to get you to stop following him, he engaged. Don't believe me? We've got logs to prove it. Allow me to also point out that, we're not quite as good as you are at PvP. We limited it to 2v1 on you. The third ship wasn't going to engage until one of us died again. So, here:

[01.11.2014 18:33:01] George.Anderson: Now then
[01.11.2014 18:33:17] Death: Bowex)Durham was put out of action by Praetor-Tulius (Missile/Torpedo).
[01.11.2014 18:33:25] ECosti: ok
[01.11.2014 18:35:01] TFG|Death.Waltz: "Stop following."
[01.11.2014 18:35:08] Death: CL}Drago.Celestino: was put out of action by GRN|Ferdinand.Mounier (Gun).
[01.11.2014 18:35:18] TFG|Desmond.Noble: I'd listen to him if I were you.
[01.11.2014 18:35:34] TFG|Death.Waltz: "He doesn't want to."
[01.11.2014 18:35:45] TFG|Death.Waltz: "Not smart."
[01.11.2014 18:35:50] TFG|Death.Waltz: "I will make you."
[01.11.2014 18:36:08] TFG|Desmond.Noble: Alright then, Lieutenant.
[01.11.2014 18:36:25] TFG|Desmond.Noble: Moving in to assist.

You weren't looking to Roleplay, otherwise you'd of said more than two words. So don't come in here and and change the way things went to your favor. We'd of been more than happy to have had a conversation with you, had that actually been what you were looking for.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out, that the two words you said were over the period of a 30k cruise. Saying you didn't have time to write anything more is.. Well. Wrong.

So you do not deny you used 4 ships to try and take me down, nor that one of them started to bump asteroids intentionally to survive. That being taken care of, let me explain the reason why no more verbal roleplay was provided - my target started cruising away while I was typing the sentence, which warranted hitting ESC and putting half-arsed filler while spamming cruise disruptors.

RE: Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback - Task Force Gladius - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 07:31 PM)Snak3 Wrote: So you do not deny you used 4 ships to try and take me down, nor that one of them started to bump asteroids intentionally to survive. That being taken care of, let me explain the reason why no more verbal roleplay was provided - my target started cruising away while I was typing the sentence, which warranted hitting ESC and putting half-arsed filler while spamming cruise disruptors.

Yet, you could've talked the entire time he was cruising, but you didn't. Just because you said two words, it doesn't warrant him to not cruise from you. It's your fault you deleted the message, rather than just finishing it and using the interface, not ours. I don't deny that we had you outnumbered. People were logging in and saw what was going on, we did our best to keep it as even for our skill level. For the entirety of the fight, it was 2v1. You killed one of us, another one arrived. Calling us crap in-game via PM also isn't very nice.

So, if you've got some advice on how this situation can be improved for next time, let's hear it.

You could start by NOT:

Running away while someone is obviously typing RP after having CDed your ship at gunpoint.

Bumping asteroids in fight to be unhitable/untracable in order to survive.

Sending 3rd and 4th ( and possibly more ) ships against single opponent that is already botless.

(11-01-2014, 07:38 PM)Snak3 Wrote: You could start by NOT:

Running away while someone is obviously typing RP after having CDed your ship at gunpoint.

Bumping asteroids in fight to be unhitable/untracable in order to survive.

Sending 3rd and 4th ( and possibly more ) ships against single opponent that is already botless.

Then we'll work on that. If you'd like to help us improve, feel free to offer. Your feedback is appreciated.

RE: Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback - Auriec - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 07:40 PM)Task Force Gladius Wrote: Then we'll work on that. If you'd like to help us improve, feel free to offer. Your feedback is appreciated.

In my opinion, these actions are not exactly offensive enough to warrant change. Perhaps this just depends on the player, but in my mind roleplay has the highest priority.
Escaping from a person who wants to stop you by force is perfectly fine, my character made the experience that those who use CDs on you don't want to invite you to a peaceful teaparty. You might as well try your luck. Why should somebody tell you that your character most not pursue those actions?
In a fight, tactics should be encouraged instead of frowned upon. Bumping asteroids for an advantage is risky, as it damages you, but can also turn the tides. I see no issue here, neither ooRP nor inRP, as long as your character is brave (or crazy) enough to take the risk.
Once it becomes clear that the opponent is better than you in PvP, it appears quite reasonable to use numbers to balance the fight. Sending two newbies who did not get much PvP practice against a veteran is all but a fair fight. I trust that your faction will know best when more people are appropriate and when not.
In addition, even though people tend to complain quickly about getting "ganked", I don't think that your faction is at fault for doing so. The "ganked" person stayed long enough close to your ships and continued fighting from what I've read. He probably knew very well that he would face a disadvantage. From then on it's his choice to fight on or to escape. I wouldn't take those complains too harsh, they usually come from those who are mad that the odds turned against their favour.

From what I've read, your decisions so far were merely perfectly logical inRP consequences to situations you were facing. Keep going.

RE: Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback - Cashew - 11-01-2014

Met you guys going somewhere I didn't want to interrupt mainly because there were seven of you and one of me (: Looking good.

RE: Task Force Gladius TFG| Information & Feedback - Texas Red - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 09:59 PM)Cashew Wrote: Met you guys going somewhere I didn't want to interrupt mainly because there were seven of you and one of me (: Looking good.

Heh, I guess seeing seven Prosecutors flying around is kind of intimidating. I wouldn't be afraid of us though. We'd definitely like to talk to people, and get some Roleplay going during our travels.

EDIT: Whoops. Signed in to the wrong account.