Wiki Editing Rules
These are the guidelines and rules that all wiki editors should follow, in addition to those found on the Style Guide page.
- The wiki data MUST be accurate.
- No submitting subjective, or unverifiable information. This usually means sorting faction diplomacy out on the forums first, but it includes such things as "The Eagle Sucks!" in reviews. Stick to the facts please.
- Everything on this wiki should be be available in grammatically correct English. Established conventions say to use American English, though the differences in dialects are close enough to not worry too much about it. You should be able to give your page text to an English professor/teacher and not have them fail you. (let's say at whatever schooling level corresponds to age 16 or so in your educational system)
- Take a look at the Style Guide, it should have specific guidelines for different page types.
- Discovery Wiki:General Discussion has archives of discussions about specific issues about formatting and what should be included. Please read that before removing things from pages that you might think should be kept 'secret', and other things like that.
- If you see something that you think is wrong with a page, check the corresponding talk page (the 'discussion' tab at the top of the page) to see if it is intentional or has already been discussed. If there is no talk page, ensure that you are correct, and make the change. If it's something weird (not just updating an infocard or something), or something you can't fix yourself, leave a note on the talk page.
- If the grammar is bad in any infocards or there is a typo, feel free to fix it, but please leave a note for the devs in the Infocard Bug Reports thread on the forums, or else it might get overlooked and not fixed in the next updates.
- Be aware that for a lot of generic info you can use the spectacular content generator made by cshake. It will save you a lot of time when fixing stuff up for new versions.
Integral to Discovery is that of discovering the content of the mod rather than simply being told it. There are places on this Wiki that can have "Spoiler" information. If someone wants to "spoil" their discovery, then the Discovery Wiki is now the place to do it.
- Name the specific selling locations, but put them in the Spoiler template. ~-~- Discussion
- Do give the coordinates of bases. ~-~- Discussion
- Do not show wrecks or what is in them. These will be deleted.
- Only submit information for factions of Official Discovery RP 24/7 please. It is currently too confusing for other server factions to be here.
Use Version categories
Once a page has been fully updated to the current version be sure to add the current version template to the top of the page so it will be easier to find articles that need to be updated in the future.
|Rules and guidelines|
|Other useful pages and tools|