Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Absorbed by the Darkness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
“Where is my place in Kusari?” Miyuki thought to herself when she looked at the ceiling. She had just woken up after she had dreamt about her past. It was a rather strange dream, because it was not her real past, only a changed version of it. However, it was not a reason for her to worry, but it still made her think about her past. “I had a place within the Naval Forces, and within the Kusarian society. But what did I do?” She asked herself.

“I threw it away. It only needed a few minutes to change my life forever. One little meeting with a person who would turn out to be my long lost sister, Yuriko...a Blood Dragon. I had slaughtered many of her kind at that time, and it seemed to be the right thing. Enemies of Kusari, few in numbers, yet fearsome warriors. I...followed Yuriko’s call and became one of them.” Miyuki sighed.

“It’s unsure if it was the right decision to take, from that day on, I fought against my former wingmen, people I knew, people I respected. But all these good memories, all these battles I fought together with them, seemed to have become meaningless. What once was a friendly Saito-san, turned into a rather cold ‘traitor’. It was hard to cope with it. Well, it actually still is, and I doubt I’ll ever manage to do that...”
“For many people, ships are nothing more but tools. But for me it is different. My Chimaera is more than that. She has been a part of my life for a long time now, in fact, I’m inclined to say that she has become a part of me. I’ve named her ‘Shinden’, and she has never disappointed me. The Blood Dragons would never agree to give me one of their Katanas, not before I’d at least prove to be worthy of receiving such a precious gift. But even if I’d manage to prove that, I’d still refuse to accept it.” Miyuki sighed again and finally got up from her bed and headed to the bathroom. On her way, she kicked several empty sake bottles out of her way. The whole room was a mess.

Over the past six months, Miyuki had extremely changed her behaviour. She had chosen a difficult path and wanted to succeed on it. However, it seemed the Blood Dragons never accepted her as one of them, even after she had fought countless battles alongside them.
“I’m an Outcast in my own home.” She said to herself and looked into the mirror, her skin was pale and her eyes looked extremely tired. “Home? I don’t have a home.”

She then took a shower and prepared herself for the day. Some months ago, Miyuki was stationed on Ryuku, and all she did there, was patrolling the Tohoku system. “Is this my punishment?” She asked herself on her way to the hangar. She was wearing the standard Blood Dragon flight suit and was carrying her flight helmet in her left hand. “If so, for what sins? What have I done to end up in this infested hell?”
Once she had reached the hangar, she immediately headed towards her fighter. The hangar personnel had prepared it earlier, so that Miyuki did not waste time, which was something she absolutely hated. She stopped next to its left wing and placed her palm on it. “At least I have you.” She then said and climbed into the cockpit. Inside, she put her flight helmet on and checked the ship’s console if all systems were properly set up. Once she was done with that, she pressed a button to start the engines. The engines’ sound had always been something she liked. At one point, she even considered it to be music for her, something that calmed her down and helped her in battle. Shortly after the engines were fully started, Miyuki piloted the ship out of the hangar.

Outside of Ryuku, Miyuki immediately felt a bit better. The greenish Napo Cloud had always had this effect on her, even though it is not the safest place in Kusari. However, that feeling was quickly lost when she left the cloud and saw the Arch in some distance. It was a sort of scary and dangerous base for her and somehow hoped that it would be destroyed one day, as it had been the source of many problems in the past. Miyuki set coordinates to the Hokkaido jump hole and began to fly into that direction.