Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Liberty Navy [LN] High Command; From VWA|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Incoming Transmission -
:::ID: Oberst Erich Klugmann, Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee:::
:::LOCATION:
ERROR:::
:::ENCRPYTION: HIGH:::

[Image: hCc243n.jpg]

To Admiral Rachel Baker, or whomever else 'midst the High Command of the Liberty Navy receiving this transmission,

It has been over a month since initial "formal" spaceborne negotiations in the California system, and as such several of our operatives have done what they can to aid the Navy against our common foe.

Before I begin making "requests", I will provide one end of our proposed bargain; intel on the Schatten Reserarch Facility.

As the guncams suggest, the facility itself is massive, seemingly combining a (apparently vacant) shipyard with an advanced-technology testing ground. I cannot possibly determine the exact capabilities or staff of the facility, but it would appear that it is almost entirely self-sufficient. There are a number of defensive countermeasures surrounding the facility itself:
  • The Westerwald Nebula, Frankfurt; A dense cloud of stellar dust with the effect of scattering scanner readings and making it far more difficult to recieve accurate readings. The nebula also brings visibility down to nil, making navigation entirely reliant upon Navmaps.
  • A Minefield; These mines are a leftover from the Nomad War, and are quite visibly alien. However, they do not appear to be very high-yield; perhaps the Rheinswehr lacks the means to maintain these organic weapons properly. It still confounds passage in and out of the facility, and would still likely be fatal for unarmored or obselete snubcraft.
  • Radiation Pocket; Surprisingly lethal radiation that corrodes straight through even the hull of a venerable Series Z "Sabre" envelops the entire facility. I am unsure of whether the pocket was intended to be located there by the Rheinswehr or even from where it originates. I would recommend exposure time there to be minimized; amongst the dozens of other reasons for that kind of haste.
  • Defensive Grid; Aside from multiple weapons platforms, the Battleship Koblenz is permanently stationed in the middle of what I would presume is the occasional "service entrance" of the facility; the only obvious passage through the minefield. The Koblenz serves as a hangar for a very capable flight of snubcraft defenders; I had the fortune of getting in and out before many could be scrambled.

All of these defenses make a conventional assault on the facility practically impossible; the mines may make it next to impossible for any craft larger than a gunboat to squeeze through the beacon-marked side passages (depicted in a guncam shot). I also fear that the facility detecting Libertonians nearby would be considered a greater threat than a single Bundschuh snubcraft.

The request I must make of you at present is this: A list, preferably bulleted, of the terms of our agreement discussed at California.

Bitte let me know if any of that information is useful.

- Transmission End -
- Retransmitting -
- Retransmitting -