Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Family Matters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The room was dominated by a dark wood desk, clearly of Bretonian make. On the wall opposite the entrance hung a series of portraits, depicting six generations of the family that owned the residence. And at that desk sat a man in a long, black coat, reading a message on the computer screen.

Hi, dad!

Sorry I haven't been home in a while, but it's a pretty long trip.

I've been thinking about home a lot, though. Have you had any luck with your industrial plans? We're not going to get far unless we diversify, after all. I don't expect them to turn into artists and scholars overnight, but something has to change. Didn't you always say "a stagnant pond only breeds disease?"

But that's getting depressing. I've got a class to go to on Cambridge next week. I was invited to speak at an art class for kids. That should be fun! I buzzed Gaia recently to get some ideas, too; would've been kind of hard to get past the Gallic Navy if it wasn't for my time with Yumi, but at least he taught me a few things.

Oh, hey, next time you see sis, remind her to bring the rest of my clothes down. Really hard to find the right size- nevermind, just remind her about the clothes. Thanks!

~ Mia <3

Emilio smiled. His oldest daughter really was a lot brighter than she acted. It was true, they needed to push for more industrial development. You can't put all your hopes on one crop.

Getting anyone else to go along with that, that was the hard part. Because that "one crop" was Cardamine, and his people were the Outcasts.

"We must not settle for being 'Outcasts'. We are Nacion Maltesa, and we must do more, because we can do more."

"Hm. Took long enough to figure that out," a slender young woman said, walking in just as Emilio finished. "Finally going ahead with your plans, then?"

"Yes. I will bring the Maltese to their proper glory, whether they like it or not."

"Glad to hear it. Here, I've put together a few files you might be interested in. A few specific candidates... Tanya Angstrom, Rheinlander. Contract killer. Probably not disciplined enough for Mirage, but historically she does follow contracts to the letter and can be trusted for convoy security." The woman handed Emilio a file folder - she always preferred hard copy - and continued, "Diego Llorens is still available, as well. He's a bit flaky, but he knows what he's doing. There's a few others in the file; I've already done background checks."

"Thank you, Tiana. Inform Ayumu - we will also need the Mirage's services again."

"Certainly. We are always ready."