Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Incidental smuggler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a orginal recording taken from Brettonian Police patrol Omega 14, made during routine trip through Cambridge System, near the Magellan Jumpgate.

During their patrol they encountered the strangest smuggler they ever had the occasion to see...

*Patrol Omega 14, Jumpgate Cambridge*

---INCOMING TRANSMISSION---

Omega 14 - Dispatch, we have a Pelican transport entering from Magellan, moving in to intercept.
Dispatch - Roger that, Omega 14. Over and out.

---END TRANSMISSION---

the Pelican Armored Transport is one of the most know ships of this kind. Though not very big, it holds quite a generous cargo hold and is relatively cheap. That's why Michael Johnson chose it as his ship for the freight to the Taus. He knew about good trading opportunities there, however, he lacked some basic knowledge...

The "Skyscryer" emerged from the jumpgate, when suddenly the comm crackled and spat out an order:
- Attention, Liberty Transport, this is Brettonia Police patrol Omega 14. Cut your engines and prepare for inspection.
- Roger that, Brettonia Patrol. This is Skyscryer on route to the Tau 29 system
Michael pulled the lever. Maneuvre thrusters roared as the ship slowly stopped.
Brettonian fighter departed the Tradelane and slowly flew by, scanning the cargo. The comm cracled again. This time it sounded like laughter.
- Scyscryer... - Brettonian pilot sounded consternated - You have... Military vehicles on board.
- Yes, is there something wrong with that? I heard they sell well in Tau 31... I picked them up in Fort Severn.
- Scryer, have you ever read the Brettonian law?
- Yup. Though not ver throughly, I admit. Is there something wrong?
- Quite so. Have you read the Royal Charter, specifically article 506 passages one through four?
- Dammit, I knew this thing was important! Listen, I'm no smuggler, I'm just trying to cut my piece of the pie here.
The patrolman laughed.
- Damn, all you guys sound the same... Well, nobody flying a Pelican can really be a smuggler. Go through, but if I catch you once more doing that...
- Thank you officer, It will not happen again.
Not really believing his own luck Michael opened the charts and plotted the course to Tau. Then he opened the handbook and looked in. There it was, written plainly.

"The following goods are to be restricted to Borderworld Exports registered vessels in Bretonian space, as per Royal Charter #506 P1-4:
-Side Arms
-Military Vehicles
-Plutonium
-Other materials directly linked to the war effort
Those carrying any listed contraband or caught in any other illegal act, after paying the applicable fine, will be asked to leave the House systems. If they refuse, said criminal may be destroyed or blacklisted for a specific time."

"I guess it's time to get out of here... With haste" - he thought, blasting cruise engines to full throttle. Brettonia didn't seem as friendly now.

Well, there it is. My story, maybe not literally, but it really happened. I used the "Omega 14" codename because of two reasons:
1: I didn't really remember the guy who busted me
2: I didn't want him to suffer any repecussions due to not issuing me a fine for that...

Anyways, I hope nobody in Brettonia will chase me now. I really do.
I hope you guys had fun reading as much as I had RP'ing it. Being an accidental; smuggler is a really interesting thing, aspeccialy if you hadn't previously read the law of the house you're trading in... That sure taught me a lesson.