Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Robert "Melee" Marsten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a trader a merchant if you will it is all i have ever known and frankly all i want for now.
I am good at it and almost always turn a profit maybe only a few credits but hey thats better than a loss. I grew up on a merchant vessel my Mother having died when i was very young and i was raised by my Dad and Grandfather who were both traders.
My Father insisted i have the best education money could buy he always said "an uneducated trader is a trader who will never retire" and along with the formal education came the not so formal schooling.
Where, when and who to bribe. What questionable cargo's you can usually get away with running to what ports and of course unarmed combat.
I earned my nickname at an early age as i proved to be a very adept student and my Father spent a lot of money on a lot of worlds for me to learn as many fighting styles and techniques as possible. I never carry a gun unless absolutely needful for survival since i find when you are unarmed most people will underestimate you and the threat you pose.
After my Father passed away grandfather retired and left the family ship an advanced train to me. She is an old but very well maintained ship and i keep her that way. As a trader your ship is your life and livelyhood.
I was never meant to be a company man as i like the freedom to take whatever cargo i feel will make a good profit to whatever destination i choose and most companies will not allow that not to mention the profits are all mine.
Politics do not concern me i could care less who runs what worlds as long as they pay well for my cargo.
I deal along the fringes the so called border worlds and will take whatever cargo that will bring the highest profits. Anyone who is an independent and does not will never retire. I know that if i do not die in space that one day i will retire hopefully once i have a son to pass this ship to as it was passed to me and when i do retire i do not want to worry about money so for now i make as much as i can and spend only what is needed.
If you see me in the trade lanes give a shout it get a little lonely out there and i'll set down my beer and fire up the comms to answer you.
I leave you with the ancient blessing for all traders "clear skies and a safe voyage"