Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.80 features, bugs & suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
This is an official thread for reporting bugs (4.79) and posting suggestions and feature requests for Discovery 4.80. I will refer to this thread when creating new version, so if you already posted something that was not yet implemented in current version of Discovery, better post once more.

Do not post anything related to server performance, characters etc., keep this thread only mod-related. Also please don't double post: if you have something minor to add to your previous post, better edit old post. This does not apply if you have something important to add/to discuss.

You may also post in wiki, but it seems that many members find it inconvenient to post there; so use this thread as a primary suggestion source.

And, of course, you may comment on what others proposed or reported. Every opinion is valuable.
My grain of sand:

BS weapons should have its range increased. It would help a lot when fighting between BS's.
Also, wouldnt it be cool fighting another BS from a 2k distance? :P
Yeah, That would be cool, but fighters will get annoyed at being destroyed from such a large distance
It'll keep them out of torpedo range with a wall of fire.

Could we have the effect area of cruise disrupters increased? It might help solve the problem of some ships being immune to them.
My issue goes to the huegenot... I can't stand not being able to hit the front half. It's flat enough as is but it's hard to hit with battlerazors and inferno cannons. Plus it's got so many turret mounts that the misses cost me in pvp.

Also, might i suggest creating a high energy high hull dmg weapon with very low refire rate in say a torpedo slot form for fighters. Much like the inferno but make the projectile speed stationary (or 1 m/s) so that it can only move as fast as a fighter's trust speed and would become useless against fighters in pvp as to not make it too cheap as it would require skill to aim it at even at a cruiser or a gunboat which can still move at 130 m/s and would give some form of relief to fighters trying to take down a BS with Class 7 armour on (which is quite a long fight that eats up a ton of supernova mines).

That will be the Rail Gun. Don't think I like the idea of a torpedo-mount version. Just use the Nova Torpedo if you want a weapon like that.
JnD,May 14 2006, 02:46 PM Wrote:My issue goes to the huegenot...  I can't stand not being able to hit the front half.  It's flat enough as is but it's hard to hit with battlerazors and inferno cannons.  Plus it's got so many turret mounts that the misses cost me in pvp.

Also, might i suggest creating a high energy high hull dmg weapon with very low refire rate in say a torpedo slot form for fighters.  Much like the inferno but make the projectile speed stationary (or 1 m/s) so that it can only move as fast as a fighter's trust speed and would become useless against fighters in pvp as to not make it too cheap as it would require skill to aim it at even at a cruiser or a gunboat which can still move at 130 m/s and would give some form of relief to fighters trying to take down a BS with Class 7 armour on (which is quite a long fight that eats up a ton of supernova mines).
[snapback]20547[/snapback]

The whole point of BS's being as powerful as they are is because fighters in the past have been able to take down BS's alone.

Now it requires a squadron,and I prefer it that way.
Wolfpack98,May 14 2006, 07:19 PM Wrote:The whole point of BS's being as powerful as they are is because fighters in the past have been able to take down BS's alone.

Now it requires a squadron,and I prefer it that way.
[snapback]20551[/snapback]

OK, I can see where you are comming from on this one and I do understand your point. I won't argue anymore except to say, I suggested it be used in a torpedo slot so that in order to accually work the system requires 2 fighters, one with an inferno and the other with the "rail gun". My only real reason for making this suggestion is because it's very costly to maintain both a full hold of supernova torpedos and mines, just call me cheap :D. I can also confirm, I havn't been able to take out a player piloted BS alone, i'll down the shields thanx to inferno, but b4 i can put even 1/8 into the hull time wears down on my fighter and well... those couple good shots start too add up and boom I'm spacedust. Even now it is possible to kill a BS with 2 fighters if it's all alone...

K, lol I've said my peice and I'll shut up now :cool:
I think the torpedo form would work well. Seeing as how alot of BSs are immune to torps or have reduced damage from them we can make a gun type torpedo liek Inferno that is actually a gun but fired from torp slot. This would solve immunity and still allow fighters a weapon like nova that actually works on ALL battleships.
Dab,May 14 2006, 08:19 PM Wrote:I think the torpedo form would work well. Seeing as how alot of BSs are immune to torps or have reduced damage from them we can make a gun type torpedo liek Inferno that is actually a gun but fired from torp slot. This would solve immunity and still allow fighters a weapon like nova that actually works on ALL battleships.
[snapback]20553[/snapback]

Sorry, bud, but that's utter bull. This won't solve the immunity at all.

The immunity is, from my best guess, in the SUR files. I think Solaris mod has the same issue, except they got around the SUR problem somehow,and I'm looking for a way to do this.

Creating some ultimate ubber-weapon to get around battleship immunity is REALLY THE WRONG WAY TO GO. This is just like using a Nuclear Weapon on a bunch of indians whose weapons are nothing but sticks and stones. OVER KILL to fix the problem.

I'm sorry, but this is the wrong way to go. To fix the problem, first realize WHERE the problem is, then take steps to correct it. The immunity will still be there.

Honestly, if i start seeing single fighters taking out Battleships, then this mod has gone back to where it was pre 4.77 when I first joined and I didn't like it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18