Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A debt to pay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was so much going on, it was rather scary. A younger woman sits back against a hotel bed on the surface of Planet New London.

“What the heck has happened over the past few days.. So much, I don’t like it.. I wonder.. Is the fact about being saved true? Ugghh.. I suppose I owe my life to that man.. But now, rather his son. A debt, just what I needed..”

Shoving her head under a pillow, remaining still for a few minutes. After failing to fall to sleep for the fifth time that night, she abruptly sits up, reaches over to her comms system, sitting up to perform a video recording.
__

“Hey there Michael, its Arianna.. I did some thinking after everything that happened a few days ago, and first of all.. I just want to say how confused and lost I am right now, but I believe I have started to work out everything in my head.”

Unconsciously running a hand through her long hair, removing some tangles.

“It sounds to me like I owe the one who saved my life. But in this case, he is gone.. You are his descendant, and is probably going to be the closest I will ever get.. So in turn, I have a debt to pay to you, but no way to pay it. Don’t you dare go on saying that its nonsense, when I make up my mind, it’s made up. I am taking a small break on New London, I’ll be back in space probably tomorrow. If you are still interested allowing me to work with you.. Well.. Tag along I suppose is a better phrase since I feel useless most of the time, send me a message…”

Pausing, thinking for a moment.

“Good night Michael.”

__

Shutting down the recording, she looks at the comms device for a few seconds, before sighing quietly and hitting the send button. What else could she do? Diving back down to the bed, she hides her head under a pillow one last time, finally being allowed into the black void of sleep.
The funny thing about Michael - He was never forgetting something once he memorized it.
The message from Arianna came in, bleeping.
Her voice struck a string in his soul, causing him to shudder slightly. He opened the vid-comm.
"Hey there Michael, it's Arianna..."
He listened to the message, his face still, like frozen.
"Good night, Michael"
The screen went black.
"Good night, Ari" - he responded to the blinking "end of transmission" on the screen.
A few minutes later the response was ready.

---INCOMING TRANSMISSION---
---To: Arianna Matthews---

WARNING: Personal view only!

Arianna

You don't know me and don't even know, if I was telling the truth, and yet you trust me. I thank you for that. I also wanted to thank you for the few days we spent together - those were the best moments of my life so far.
If you do want to, as you say, tag along - you're welcome to.
Your debt cannot be repaid, but then - I do not feel like you owe anything to either me or my father. He was just doing his job, as was I.
I'll be running through Bretonia soon, and I look forward to see you.

I hope you're well.
MJ
---END OF TRANSMISSION---

Michael hesitated. He looked at the screen once again.
"To hell with it" he muttered.

---MESSAGE SENT---