Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: White Buffalo Saloon; Port Canaria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
For years, John Holliday kept the health and welfare of those on Gran Canaria and everywhere a priority. Now, with the Corsairs and Coalition fighting on the Canarian surface, the Corsairs claiming martial law and curfews, it seemed like a perfect time to open a new watering hole. In honor of old Earth Indian tales of the Great White Buffalo and his love of the old American west, he finally opened his own saloon.

[Image: 6961909556_045e001e45_z.jpg]

The bar was of an old western style, manned by an old friend. Midori also pitched in, often tending bar while John himself worked card tables.

[Image: smiths_olde_bar_stage_the_wandas.jpg?__S...5916014283]

A stage in the back was built for live entertainment. If not used for musicians, special occasions could be held there.

Security was big. Both entrances were guarded by Zoner and humanoid guards alike. All were well trained in hand to hand and weapons use. All patrons were required to check their weapons regardless of type. The sign was posted on both doorways.

White Buffalo Saloon

Open high noon until 3 AM. All weapons checked at the door. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! All feuds and indifferences stay outside......NO EXCEPTIONS!! Management has the right to refuse entry to anyone.......and we do mean anyone! Now enjoy yourself!
Skarsi walks up to the bar entrance. The guard stops him and asks for any weapons he may have.

"Seeing as this is Doc's place, no problem. You may need a bit more storage though."

As Skarsi disarms himself, the pile on the table grows ever larger. 2 large assault type weapons, two very large pistols, more pistols, grenades, a Battleaxe, a chainsword and various daggers and tomahawks.

"You be sure to keep all that safe now."

Skarsi walks into the bar, leaving some very bemused guards wondering where to store all these weapons.

"Kallisti Doc. Love the new place. Very..... you, Doc. So what have you got that i can wet my whistle with? These corsairs are enough to drive anyone to drink."
"You're kidding."

"Do I look like a clown to you?"

"I don't think I'm answering that. But fine, here." Lloyd handed his shotgun to the guard, and then his handgun, two knives, and his other handgun.

"Oh, that's it?"

"What do you mean, 'that's'-" Then the battleaxe on the table caught his attention. "Who the hell..."

On remarkably short notice, Agent Henry Fairfax had managed to procure a set of uniforms for the newly-minted Zoner Response Force, consisting of a dark blue topcoat with white trim, black slacks, and a white shirt. Lloyd's badge identified him as the Wing Commander of the ZRF. While they didn't want to be overly military, they needed to make their presence known on Gran Canaria.

This was reflected in how Lloyd carried himself. He wasn't just a perpetually-irritable Zoner anymore - he was a man on a mission.

Today, that mission was somewhat simple - doing his part to make sure no one screwed up Holiday's bar. He walked up to the counter and waved for the bartender.

"I need something non-alcoholic. Have to stay sober. Is Holiday here?"
Skarsi watched the stranger walk over the the bar and take a seat. "A brother Zoner. perhaps i should go introduce myself."

He picks up his large stein, and wanders over to the other zoner.

"Kallsti, brother Zoner" he says as he takes a seat next to the man. "What brings you out this way?" As he speaks, Skarsi sizes up the other man. Fairly well built, wearing something that looks like a cross between a suit and a military uniform.
"Name's Lloyd Black. I've been organizing a militia so we can reclaim Gran Canaria. Ending the pirates' attempt at martial law, keeping the Coalition from trying to take over in the process, that sort of thing." He looked over the guards and shook his head. "Most Zoners don't really have the stomach for it, but I've got a good start so far. Figured I'd see if Holiday needs some extra guards for his clinics; times like these, you never know what someone's going to do." He paused, and looked over the other Zoner. He wasn't quite sure what to make of the man, but he certanily looked like the most likely owner of the axe. "So what about you?"
"Me, well im a Pope. One of Doc's popes to be precise. Moved out here from Baffin."
He turns back to his drink, and as if he read the mind of the other zoner, answers the unspoken assumption.
"Judging from the look on your face, you figure im the owner of the battleaxe. Well i am, along with all the other weapons with it."
Skarsi stands up, flexes his muscles and then sits back down. " Right now, you'll be wondering why all the weapons?. Well, with the way things are and the corsairs trying to impose their rule on the planet you can never be too careful. Seeing as ive just come for a few drinks, i left the power armor at home."

Skarsi turns back towards the zoner."Speaking of home, where are you staying on GC?"
"Got a bunker out in the back woods, though I'm pretty sure this planet is at least fifty percent 'back woods'. Not gonna be more specific out in public, that'd defeat the purpose. I usually live out at Freeport 6, though." He looked over the patrons once again, noting a familiar Corsair in the corner. "I know what you mean about the city being a bit rough now. I brought a few guns with me too; I'm not going to take any crap, and I'm not going to watch another Zoner take it either."
"Bunkers seem to be becoming a lot more common on GC these days. Home for me and my clan is Glebe Island." He subtley observes the corsair in the corner as he says the name. " Though i dont fear any of these cretans."

He pulls out a datapad, activates the small holo projector and shows the zoner a hologram of the island. " I call it the Aett. It includes secure anchorage for water going ships and space going vessels. Airfields, barracks, armories, all dug in and hardened against orbital bombardment. And a comprehensive defence system comprising weapons batteries capable of taking out anything from a small civilian aircraft up to Cruiser class warships. in the next few days, we'll be putting in weapons capable of downing battleships as well."
Skarsi puts the datapad away. "Your welcome to dock your ships here if you want, just send a message beforehand so your ships can be added to the IFF system."

Skarsi waves to the bartender for another drink. "Actually, if you are interested, i have a proposal".
Lloyd smiled, which was quite a rare sight. "Quite the setup you've got there. My bunker's actually an older one, goes back to when the Privateers... well, I wasn't here at the time, I don't know exactly what idiotic thing they did. But anyway, you've got my ear."
He leans closer to Lloyd. "You mentioned organizing a militia. i would assume you would need both manpower and weapons to arm them. What if i said i could supply all the weapons your militia would ever need, a secure place to train away from prying eyes and heavy support should you need it. All you have to do is get the manpower."

He discreetly passes Lloyd a small chip. "Thats a one-time access pass. If you are up for it, come to my base and we can discuss the finer details."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6