Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Synth Foods, Inc. Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: LiamAnders.png]

To whom it may concern,

I bid you good day from the Colonial Republic, currently residing in the system of Coronado. I am Liam Anders, Minister for Agriculture, which for a change gives me an extremely related point of discussion.

While I have had decades of experience in large scale farming in Crayter - on the surface of Capella and later being one of the pioneers in the sealed environments on Arcturus' moon - I believe the current task our people face is more in your own area. While we have struggled with the dense and... persistent jungle on Yuma, a chance discovery of the effects of Baffin 'scrubbies' should allow us to alter the planet for our needs as soon as they can be dispersed effectively. For this, we seek to launch a shared effort to develop a solution.

In the meantime, Pecos is hardly a farming world, indeed it is hardly a habitable world. We have sourced our food mostly from the Cambridge markets, but with this surge in development a cheaper and closer option is sought. The Republic will also need to stock up on agricultural supplies when Yuma is unlocked, which you are very likely able to help us with.

If these propositions are deemed worthy of pursuit, respond in this channel and we can plan them out. Until then, I bid you a good day and a good feed wherever you are.

Regards,
Liam Anders
[Image: ColonialBroadcast.gif]
::Resending Transmission::
===Incoming Transmission===

[Image: 264px-Synth_Logo.png]

Source: Los Angeles, Synth Plaza
Comm ID: George Tatham, SF Inc. Liberty Sales Director

Good evening minister Anders,

propositions you submitted are indeed most worthy of discussion; SynthFoods Incorporated is capable of delivering vast amounts of cheap nutritious food straight from California system, cost of transportation would be significantly lesser than bringing food from far war-torn Bretonia.

Initial contract for food shipments should not be nothing troublesome for both of our entities, as we in Synth Foods are used to supplying with food most far places, even in hostile systems. Zoner freeports with all of their biodomes are the best example of our capabilities in that matter.

Harsh conditions Yuma offers is something else though, as DSE expedition experienced. Larger scale planning and involvement of other factors might be needed in that case.

Synth Foods is open for Republic's proposals, minister Anders, please let me know the details and I am sure our best technicians will find solution for Republic's problems.

Best Regards,

George Tatham, Director of Sales for Libertonian market, SF Inc.

===Transmission Terminated===
[Image: LiamAnders.png]

Mr. Tatham,

I appreciate your reply to my original transmission, and that your corporation is interested in assisting us.

The simplest assistance you can provide immediately would be the supply of your Food Rations, Synth Paste along with Consumer Goods (both standard and... less standard) to our people on Pecos.
We also seek to restock our agricultural supplies and equipment - which were mostly left on Minato and the Borneo colonies - which can also be met by Synth Foods. Fertilisers, FloraGro and Xenobiotic Filters would be what we are looking for.
Exact pricing, quantities and... flavours can be agreed upon in the following negotiations.

I am unsure of what you know from the Armstrong's time in Yuma's orbit before that unfortunate incident with the pirates, but I'll give you a short run-through. The planet and its atmosphere are perfect - warm and habitable with expanses of land and oceans teeming with life - except for its voracious jungle on all the continents (other than the northern polar one).
We have a solution to clear some of these for habitation and replanting of crops with some cooperation from our other allies, but what we require from you is a means of distribution. Our Eros fighters were originally designed for atmospheric flight, and are highly adaptable to a number of tasks. We've worked out that some version of a 'crop-duster' would be the best way to spread the Organisms, with "The Lumberjacks" cleaning up the mess when the work is done.

The Republic does have the people and method, what we require is your long-standing presence in the equipment side of things.

Regards,
Liam Anders