Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Watanabe Kazoku - Blood Dragons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

[Image: 250px-Watanabenotext.png]

Watanabe Kazoku

Identification: WK|
ID and IFF: Blood Dragon
Headquarters: Kazoku Manor, Kyoto Base
Primary Base of Operations: Kyoto Base
Secondary Base of Operations: Sendai Research Complex
Teritiary Base of Operations: Ryuku Base

Naming Conventions:

Snubcraft: WK|Firstname.Surname
Gunboats and up: WK|IGS-Shipname
Freighters/Transports: WK|-Shipname

Synopsis of the Blood Dragons:

The modern Blood Dragon movement is descended from the Royal Guards of Shogun Hideyoshi, that decided not to surrender when their master was deposed by Samura backed military elements, during the bloody Sakura Festival coup in 321 A.S.

Instead, the Royal Guards, under the leadership of Kozue Okamura fought their way out of the Palace, rallied those still loyal to the true ruler of Kusari and escaped into the mists of the Crow Nebula.

Today, five centuries later, the Royal Guard, now called the Blood Dragons are a powerful and influential group of 'terrorists', still fighting to overthrow the Kusari government both politically and with precise surgical strikes against corporate and military targets.

Background:

The Kazoku originates from one of Hideyoshi's Royal Guard, Katashi Watanabe, who fled to Chugoku in the aftermath of the fateful Sakura Festival, 321 A.S. As one of the original Dragons, Katashi participated in the carving of the Kyoto asteroid, where he founded his house and bloodline that endures to the present day - the Watanabe Kazoku.

Initially, while they were few, the Kazoku members operated within the main body of the Blood Dragons, indistingiushable from the rest. But as their numbers grew, so did the need for extra resources and the desire to be recognized as prominent members of their order. Therefore, in 510 A.S, the Kazoku and its 50 member strong family became more autonomous within the Blood Dragon order. Treasuring a single Hachiman class vessel, the Kazoku launched many attacks against shipping on its own, using the repurposed gunboat as a transport, and seizing enough resources to sustain its ever growing family, and aid the Blood Dragons.

Due to overextension of the family, the Kazoku was threatened with dissolution even as early as 720 A.S, and the threat would have become the reality, had the Golden Chrysanthemums not revealed Planet Kitahara to the Dragons. Kitahara was a paradise, compared to the claustrophobic enivronment of Kyoto, and many Dragons flocked to settle it, including the Kazoku, who relocated most of its non-combat members to the planet, who then engaged in farming to support those that remained at the front lines.

With sufficient food and resources, the Kazoku flourished for a time, and with the joint victory over the Nomads with their allies, the Order, their future seemed to get only brighter. This persisted all up until 805 A.S, when the Golden C. decided to introduce cardamine to Kitahara's ecosystem. Frightened and disgusted by their actions, the Kazoku left Kitahara, along with many other Blood Dragons and returned to their overcrowded manor on Kyoto.

To avoid the collapse of their new planet-dependant structure, the Kazoku engaged in scientific research, increased the intensity of raids against shipping and engaged in minimalistic farming techniques. Under the leadership of their new head of the house, Watanabe Toshiro, the Kazoku made several breakthroughs, including the "Seeker Drones", a form of artificial intelligence that could independently pilot ships and explore the surrounding nebulae and star systems, looking for untapped resources and possibly planets to settle.

Many of the measures taken by the Kazoku were seemingly effective, and the situation was starting to stabilize, however, misfortune struck again. In a series of unfortunate events, one of Kazoku members leaked vital information, causing the deaths of several Dragons and the loss of a potentially valuable artifact. Watanabe Toshiro was shamed beyond measure, and resorted to the ancient ritual of seppuku in order to cleanse his shame. However, this act led many who followed him to exact revenge on those who were guilty for this act, and then follow his example, effectively destroying the Kazoku. The rest scattered over the sector, leaving the manor vacant and their ancient clan - broken.

Luckily enough, the middle child of the Watanabe bloodline, Hirotada decided to abandon his calling as an Order agent in the early 820 A.S, and returned to his home on Kyoto, only to find his once proud house in disarray. Compelled by his heritage and a heavy sense of duty, he answered the call of his blood and assumed the mantle of the next Kazoku Head and claimed the title of Shogun.

Deciding to adopt a more open and accepting mindset, Hirotada worked dilligenly to promote unity within the Blood Dragon order, as opposed to the mindset of fracturing clans that kept little contact with each other. Using the connections of his deceased brother inside the now mostly idle Rising Sons of Kusari, the enthusiastic new Shogun managed to get in contact with the other prominent clans, such as the Katsuragi Bakufu, and other smaller clans.

The Kazoku now operates on its traditional code, focused on precise surgical strikes, controlled terror, propaganda and scientific research and development of cutting edge technologies. Infamous for their relentless and often zealous nature, the Kazoku and its retainers will stop at nothing to reach their goals and reclaim the glory that was robbed from them.

Short Term and Long Term Goals:

1. Destabilization of the government with political maneuvers, commando strikes, terror tactics and espionage, leading the Kusari government structure to collapse, where sympathetic high ranking officials could potentially seize power, installing the Dragons' utopian version of the Shogunate.

2. Domination of the Kusari black market. The Hogosha, along with their allies, the Farmers Alliance and the Corsairs, currently controll most of Kusari's black market and underground. The Kazoku must disrupt the Artifact trade, destroy the Hogosha, and establish a new Black market, where they would reap all the benefits.

3. Removal of the Corsair threat. With the ever increasing intrusion of hostile Corsair forces from the Sigmas, some patrols reaching as far as the Chugoku hole in Sigma-13, the Kazoku feels these elements must be driven back, their artifact trade disrupted, and the Hogosha left bankrupt.

4. Scientific Research. Development of cutting edge technologies with the help of their Order allies at the Sendai Research Complex in Okinawa primarily. Used to gain an edge over their foes.

5. Expansion. Due to limited living space, lack of food, and the ever increasing number or recruits, the Kazoku feels that the dragons must expand. When Planet Kitahara was made unavailable to them, it caused possible starvation issues, as the new dragon structure dependent on the Planet could no longer support itself. The Kazoku hopes to either, install biodome technologies, or find a Planet to colonize, getting rid of their food and living space issues once and for all, and increasing access to various other key resources.

Zone of Influence:

Primary Zone of Influence: Kusari Space
Secondary Zone of Influence: Sigma Space
Zone of Interest: Bordering Tau Space
Zone of Partial Interest: Systems Bordering Kusari
Restricted Space: Liberty, Rheinland, Bretonia, Gallia

Diplomacy:

Allied: Golden Chrystanthemums, The Order
Friendly: Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee
Secretly Friendly: Gas Miners Guild
Neutral: Junkers, Vagrant Raiders
Hostile/Unfriendly: Independent Pirates, Outcasts, Gallic Forces and Companies
War: Samura, Kishiro, Kusari Naval Forces, Kusari State Police, Hogosha, Farmers Alliance, Corsairs, Aoi Iseijin, Nomads.

Hierarchy:

Shogun, Head of the Kazoku

Serving in the Imperial Court of the Blood Dragons, the Shogun is a grand master of war and a skilled leader. This heriditary leader is bound by blood to rule over his clan, and he will stop at nothing to protect its members and ensure its survival.

Restrictions: Cannot eat fugu before it is tasted.

Current: Hirotada Watanabe (Mare123King)

Daimyo

An imposing figure in the Kazoku, but also widely respected in the entire Blood Dragon society. He is a great warrior and a skilled diplomat, and also has access to most of the Kazoku's resources. He commands the respect of dozens, and leads them to battle.

Restrictions: Up to Cruiser class. May ocassionaly command the flagship, in times of dire need.

Tairō

Those who establish themselves as both great warriors and wise scholars are sometimes granted the tittle of Tairo, marking many years of experience and commanding immense respect from their fellow Dragons.

Restrictions: Up to gunboat class. Cruisers require special permission.

Current: Hajime Hyogo (Mare123King)

Roju

The elite of the elite, a product of many battles and a life of hardship, that hardened these warriors into Roju. Usually led by a Tairo, these are the commandos of the Blood Dragon order, that inspire courage in their brethren and crippling terror in their enemies.

Restrictions: Up to gunboat class.

Current: None

Hatamoto

Direct retainers of the Shogun, that during their time as Hatamoto, go through brutal and unforgiving training. The end result being a warrior, that when given a Katana, can sweep through enemy lines with ease. Usually found leading a patrol.

Restriction: Gunboat class is the highest a Hatamoto can freely hold.

Current: Kyoko Ishikawa (Yamamoto), Houin Kyouma (Mithras)

Gokenin

Veterans of the blood dragon order, serving for many years and leaving a great number of won battles behind them. Tasked with dangerous patrols and guarding the interests of their House.

Restriction: Up to Fighter class. Gunboats require permission.

Current: Izu Riekon (Izu Riekon)

Ashigaru

Various recruits originating from relatives, unrelated blood dragons and as of recently freshly recruited Kusari citizens. Before being fully accepted into their new family, they must go through a thorough training and participate in many battles. In short, standard soldiers and the bulk of Kazoku's forces.

Restriction: Up to fighter class.

Current: Hideo Saitou (New_World_Order), Takai Tohashi (.Flash.)

Exiled Ronin

The ones who commited misdeeds and brought shame to the Kazoku. They must embark on a journey to purify their shame and restore honor to their lives, or alternatively, end them with honorable seppuku.

Restriction: A drake class light fighter.

Current: None, Penalty Rank.

Special Ranks/Open as alternative roles:

Seeker Drone

Remotely or directly controlled AI drones, programmed to fly freighters or transports, engaging in trade, exploration of the nebulae, construction, repairs and various other roles.

Restriction: No fighters, only freighters and transports.

Current: Open to all.

Scientist

A kazoku scientist, trained at and usually working at Sendai Research complex. Development of weapons, xenoarcheology, xenobiology and astrosociobiology are a few of the many available fields for a Blood Dragon to study.

Restriction: Only light fighters or freighters.

Current: Open to all.

//Technology Usage:

Generally, Only Blood Dragon and Codename technology is allowed within the faction. However, Kusari civillian transports are also used, and other civilian technology may appear within the faction, along with allied technology, however these won't be just given out to everyone. Our technology is good, you don't need to be special, just proud.

The list of Blood Dragon ships is as follows: Tanto (Light Fighter), Dragon (Heavy Fighter/Useless), Katana (Very Heavy Fighter/Primary Ship), Nodachi (Bomber), Hachiman (Gunboat), Kagutsuchi (Cruiser), Togo (Battleship/Flagship/Likely only one will exist, to reflect its background)

//Final Word:

If anyone wishes to join the faction, recruitment is now open for the time being, and there are two ways you can approach this. Either find us ingame and engage in roleplay with us, or post in the recruitment thread. The former is the prefered choice.[/color][/font]

Also, you may want to check out our Wiki page for more extensive information: (there may be some small conflicts, however)
- http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Watanabe_Kazoku
//bump. please provide feedback.
I remember a group with the WK| tag. They were active 2 years ago. The same group? If so, thumps up. Was always enjoybale to run into you guys with my Farmer back then... Smile

The current writeup looks awesome. And Kusari needs activity. What can i say? Have fun.... Wink
(08-10-2013, 09:40 AM)xiphos Wrote: [ -> ]I remember a group with the WK| tag. They were active 2 years ago. The same group? If so, thumps up. Was always enjoybale to run into you guys with my Farmer back then... Smile

The current writeup looks awesome. And Kusari needs activity. What can i say? Have fun.... Wink

Thank you for your feedback.

And yes, it's the 'same' group. This is somewhat of a nostalgia-fueled attempt to bring it back, from my side at least.

Your pitchfork waving mob was always cool in our books too, hope we'll be seeing you around.
The writeup is very awesome.

sets out pretty much everything people should know.

good work.
(08-10-2013, 09:45 AM)Mare123King Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 09:40 AM)xiphos Wrote: [ -> ]I remember a group with the WK| tag. They were active 2 years ago. The same group? If so, thumps up. Was always enjoybale to run into you guys with my Farmer back then... Smile

Thank you for your feedback.

And yes, it's the 'same' group. This is somewhat of a nostalgia-fueled attempt to bring it back, from my side at least.

Your pitchfork waving mob was always cool in our books too, hope we'll be seeing you around.

Well, thanks. But i'm kinda inactive on vacation at Planet Tomioka waving my Golden Pitchfork. But my Farmer minions are looking forward to start their Space Tractors and meet you in Game... Smile

You guys have made one of the better unofficial factions that I have seen lately.
I taged along with you couple of times with my indie char(Yota Kobo),and I have fully enjoyed the expirience.
You were precise,fluid and always in the boundaries of your RP.
I'm amazed by the level of your professionalsm,and general knowledge of Blood Dragon lore.
And your's Fugu jokes are awesome..my belly was hurting few hours after the hanging with you fellas.
I wish you all the luck,and please keep it that way.
Dragons and Kusari need a group like your's.

Cheerio....
No, this is bad..

You can't steal my IC| ship name, and use it for Blood Dragons of all factions. :p

IC|Kazoku

EDIT: I'm joking, of course.
(08-12-2013, 01:03 PM)Crowbar Wrote: [ -> ]

You guys have made one of the better unofficial factions that I have seen lately.
I taged along with you couple of times with my indie char(Yota Kobo),and I have fully enjoyed the expirience.
You were precise,fluid and always in the boundaries of your RP.
I'm amazed by the level of your professionalsm,and general knowledge of Blood Dragon lore.
And your's Fugu jokes are awesome..my belly was hurting few hours after the hanging with you fellas.
I wish you all the luck,and please keep it that way.
Dragons and Kusari need a group like your's.

Cheerio....

Hey, I remember you, you did great as well, thanks for the feedback. Wink

(08-12-2013, 01:09 PM)SMGSterlin Wrote: [ -> ]No, this is bad..

You can't steal my IC| ship name, and use it for Blood Dragons of all factions. :p

IC|Kazoku

EDIT: I'm joking, of course.

That was our plan all along 8|
Ah, a well written profile for once, not many of those recently.

Seen your tag around, never interacted so can't say much. Good luck guys.
Pages: 1 2