Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: From the desk of...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Takes place after the Retribution Series and Dragon's Bane

---

Shan grumbled something about promotions while she sat at a desk sorting through stacks of papers. Incident reports, reports from patrols indicating that yet again there was nothing found on their patrols. Things were getting into what the pilots said "rut". A continuous cycle of non stop circumstances that never, ever, stop. All of a sudden Shan screamed and let her head hit the desk.

"Just to have a conduit overload in my ship so I have to go fix it." she said aloud.

"Well, we can't have one of our best having a meltdown can we?" Joshua said at the door. Shan sighed and kicked back in her chair staring at the celing. "Leo asked if you were enjoying your new job."

"Tell him...he can shut up." she replied. This only made Joshua laugh. "I'll be sure to let him know. You ok?"

"I yearn for the feel of a cockpit, for getting my hands dirty. I like the new rank, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wish I could just get dirty like I used to and not have to wear this flashy uniform." she said looking down at the dress uniform she wore while in her new office. "I miss just wearing a tanktop, putting my hair in a messy ponytail and getting my damned hands dirty."

"You're a ship rat for sure, but I'm going to tame you yet." he said with a wink. "Come on, we have some new recruits that we need seeing to. You're coming with. Let that paperwork sit for a while, it's not going anywhere."

Joshua turned and left the room. Shan sighed and grabbed her ships keys and followed him around the corner.
"Now remember, keep your cool this time." Joshua said walking just ahead of Shan. "We don't need a repeat of last time."

"Well, the b****** diserved it." Shan replied.

"No, he was simply trying to explain-"

"-how to be a pompus jerk with no regard for the rules we have set in place?"

Joshua looked back at Shan with a dangerous glare.

"You're a good pilot, but not a good diplomat at all."

"So sue me." Shan replied with a shrug.

The two came around the corner into a large room. There was a large conference table with several new recruits seated around the outer edges. Each of them were seated at attention and staring straight ahead. Joshua and Shan walked slowly around the recruits, eyeing them with serious intent. Shan spoke up first.

"You have been selected for special ops...do you know what special ops do?" she said.

Each of the men replied in unison "No ma'am!"

"You are an elite squad!" Joshua took over. "You are trained to fight the battles and win. You are trained to be the best of the best, that is what you do."

"Yes sir!" they yelled in unison

"Dragon." Shan said. "Stand up." The dragon stood up quickly and Shan walked around him, inspecting his uniform. "Outstanding appearance Dragon, what is your name?"

"Ma'am, my name is Ranapi Jordan."

"Ah a Jordan, I know your sister, outstanding mechanic."

"Thank you ma'am."

"You may sit."

The young dragon resumed his seat and sat at attention.

"At ease Dragons."

Each of the Dragons relaxed and looked at one another with smiles. Many didn't see it, but Shan smiled too.