Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bastilled ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Although I don't play anymore, I still like to keep an eye on the disco community. It's usually the same old story over and over again. However, this sanction caught my attention because it doesn't specify much at all.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=102252

It simply says that ships have been Bastilled, and the owners are left there standing without any information what so ever. In most cases, it seems that they've simply discovered that they're in Bastille, and don't have a clue why. The normal procedure for a sanction would be some sort of report or admin intervention, but in both cases there would be some sort of evidence or testimony to what's happened. In this case, it looks more like when government agencies make people "disappear", and the families are left to wonder what happened to their relatives for the rest of their lives.

Is this what the community is gonna look like in the future to come? I sure hope not. From what I can tell, it seems that the sanction in question is because players have destroyed PoB's. And more specifically without proper RP. Correct me if I'm wrong. Has the PoB's status changed so that you need to RP with it before you shoot it, or what?

To make this one right, I think you simply need to put up, or shut up! If there are sufficient evidence for a sanction, then out with it. If there's not... Release all ships until such evidence has been gathered. Sanctions like this one only serves as fuel for "Us-and-Them"- theories, and are harming the community. The demands for how a rule violation report should be filled out and presented are pretty strict, and I think that it's only fair that the demand applies to those who actually dish out the sanctions. At least inform the involved parties what's happening. As it is now, players are just left hanging. Uncool!
Admins just bastilled all ships they saw at screens, npnp
Being on both ends of this one, it is quite annoying when you try to set up a base to RP with and someone comes along going "pew pew all!" and shoots it or sees someone near it that's in no way affiliated with it, calls it an enemy base and kills it. But now being part of an old group that ran around killing sair and RM bases as hessians was kinda fun, which is why i can understand another group taking our place. The problem i see with them and their feedback/rage page is that they use multiple factions just to stay within the ID's ZoI. What they should do if they really want to go around killing bases only is make some story to get terrorist id, then pew pew away.
Once more, just for those who are not up to date. This group does not exist ingame. We do not have a tag. We are just a bunch of players with many ships, killing bases. This has nothing to do with IDs or ZOI. We keep within the rules. The reason why we got bastilled, was only because one particular siege which involved shooting the allies of Corsairs on Corsair legates.

EDIT: Granted, AIs were not stated to be allies in the first place, so...ye.
(07-30-2013, 08:23 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Once more, just for those who are not up to date. This group does not exist ingame. We do not have a tag. We are just a bunch of players with many ships, killing bases. This has nothing to do with IDs or ZOI. We keep within the rules. The reason why we got bastilled, was only because one particular siege which involved shooting the allies of Corsairs on Corsair legates.

Thinking about it, shouldn't just the shooter of the TBH member be bastille then?
If so, I can help with evidence.
Don't see why they bastilled it. Im sure the ones shooting AI Base were enagged by others before they killed everyone. In that case, shouldn't the ones who attacked them get sanctioned/bastilled? I don't understand whats so bad about killing a base. And people who say we " RP " with it, 90% of the time, its to make cash not to RP.
Well I can tell you what the 2 SFC ships got bastiled for.

We were in a screenshot with known Bass Hunters ... Thats pretty much it.

Just because a few LN indies with caps assisted SFC and =LSF= destroy an illegal base that we had been cleared by the owners of to remove later turned out to be Bass Hunters, we lost 2 capital ships.

People moan about SFC, [LN] and various other factions all over the server don't treat indies with respect, or group with them and assist them in combat. And then you've got 2 SFC ships bastiled pretty much just for doing that ...

Forgive me if I'm a bit paranoid of indies right now ...
(07-30-2013, 08:23 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]We keep within the rules. The reason why we got bastilled, was only because one particular siege which involved shooting the allies of Corsairs on Corsair legates.

Oh, sure, and when you shot down two bases approved by GRN/Gallic government with GRN IDed Valors, that was perfectly according to this rule, right?

Quote:6.9 You must follow the restrictions/allowances of your ID, as well as the diplomacy of the NPC faction it represents. If your ID does not represent an NPC faction (generic IDs), then your reputation and conduct must match the actions of your character. You must not dock at bases that your NPC faction is hostile to, or attack allies of your NPC faction.

What will be next, RM IDed cruisers shooting down Krupp munitions? LN IDed caps shooting down Long Island Station or DSE Doe Industries Space Port? It is the same, so why not...
This is a much bigger issue and the lolwut actions around base destructions helped to make it show. What is needed is a set of rules of "How/where/how not to to build them", and "How to attack/destroy" them.

So, if you are acting like a lolwut at the moment, and with all the Bass Hunter crap happening every day, don't be surprised to find your lovely cap bastilled.

If you do not know what I am talking, you are invited to the next "Defend a base" party. The amount of lolwutism and stupidity you can find there is... close to infinite.

The attitude and the bad interaction on a rather big scale has forced Admins to react. So they reacted. That's the first results.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5