Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Critique: The disco diplomacy system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Not to burst anyone's bubbles or anything since this seems like a legit discussion, but just a note. Most discussion threads such as this are only really useful if they actually have the potential to change something.

I'm a realist, and it doesn't really matter how long your post is or how many good examples you gave. Current discovery politics simply will -not- change, not everyone looks at disco roleplay as something hardcore and extremely realistic and simply don't care. Others, like myself, do. But the fact is, it's not really up for debate, people can and -will- do whatever they like.

No amount of debating will change that. Just putting that out there.
Reaper: I completely agree with your statment a priori - but i think discussing itself will change nothing - pointig out that there are still people around who do care and voicing their concerns, unified or not - might- get the people in power on the track...maybe to cater a bit to the rp-y, "realist-fans" or something.

: I can't fully agree with you - one thing about joining other factions is that you should somehow be attracted to them... why should you do things that are no fun to you in your freetime? The same with the players in the factions - not everyone gets along and there is no need to get along fine with everyone, too.
Time is simply a relevant factor that leads people like me to take a look at the results first, then maybe on some forum posts and status pages and then you have an opinion. I think many many problems can be correctly seen by this method as they are so glaring obvious- and these are the proud nails anyways...not some differences in nuances like the thing Tyr posted.

: Meh, agreed on the first part, wholeheartedly disagreed on the last - sorry but i can see no reason why a powerplayer such as the GMG should even bother the slightest to hire a tiny tiny group of spacehobos and give them your goodies on top.
I mean, the GMG should be able to hire professionals that do their job - aka the BHG or if you really need dirty work done the blood dragons ( who at least seem to keep up their word) - but not people who don't bring any inRP impact, work for your enemies( getting cash from them by using YOUR stuff) and not fulfilling their part of the bargain for 4 months ( are they still even ALLOWED to work on your BB ruleswise??).
Is the GMG so desperate? it would be news to me - to put it in a more direct accusation:
To me this is more of an issue of someone back in the day feeding his friends some cookies or the oorp way of "ok i hire them so they don't annoy me as they are hire to kill me already" which to a certain extend looks like a successful bullying attempt.
Once again, the GMG shouldn't be desperate to keep people who can't spell the word "professional" or "work ethics" as they have powerful friends to do their stuff....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5