Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hakudo Maru. 47.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Hakudo Maru, a newly commissioned Kusari destroyer class vessel, emerged from the gas clouds, and opened it’s hailing comms.

“GMG, I’m told you refused passage to Samura ships through Sigma 13, what do you have to say about this?”
Silence, yet long range scanners showed the ship was indeed crewed and active.

”Move us closer to the GMG.”

“I’m here to get your word that the GMG will not touch any Samura transports, ever.”
The Hakudo Maru stood dwarfed by the GMG Battlestar. Still no reply.

“Fire a warning shot”

“Are you going to reply? Or will you die for your stupidity?”
This woke up the GMG a bit, the Battlestar turned around and finally replied.
“One transport was turned around, which was during a pirate attack.”

”Asano, bring up the report from the Samura ship, didn’t the GMG admit to open hostility to the Samurai?”
“Hai they did, this GMG lies.”

The GMG spoke.
“The next time you words of hostility here you will be leaving. Now mind your tone while you’re here.”
The GMG’s tone angered Saito. How dare a miner speak to a Samurai such?

“You haven’t answered my question.”
“I have. And I do not answer to a lone ship. I answer to the head of Kusari.”
Again Saito felt insulted.

Yet he tried to stay calm.
“Regardless of why the transport was stopped and turned away, will you do it again?”
There was nothing but silence from the GMG.

“So you will not answer?”
“I have answered and explained the situation, now it’s time for you to leave.”

Saito tried, one last time.
“I am more concerned with the future, in the future will you or will you not allow Samurai ships to pass without delay?”
Again Saito’s question was ignored.

“This conversation has been recorded and will be forwarded to your superiors.”
Enough was enough.

Saito stood up from his seat, gripping the comms set tightly in his hand.
“You refuse to answer such simple questions..”
"That is your decision, but you will leave the area.”
“and now you insult my honor with threats?”

“Your threats are unacceptable.”
“We’ll see how unacceptable they are.”

“Asano, Fire.”
Asano looked at the datapad for a second. Making sure it was addressed correctly, then hit send. He sank into a chair and sat silently for a long time.

Quote:This is Asano Yoshinaka, I served as Saito-samas XO aboard the Hakudo Maru.

It is to my great displeasure that I report that the Hakudo Maru did indeed engage a GMG battleship in Sigma 13, lost the engagement, and fled. The shame of this engagement was too much for the captain, to put it bluntly, he committed seppuku to atone for his momentary cowardice.

He does not regret the engagement, the dishonor and shame would have been worse had he allowed the GMG to go unchallenged, who insulted Saito-samas honor, by refusing to answer his questions, belittling him with threats to report him to the Kusari, he would not bear to hear such things from a gaijin.

He wrote a jisei before the act, which I will take the liberty of sharing with you.

With the autumn breeze
The sakura falls, between
The clashing of swords.

It will be long before the
Dust from its great fall settles.

I served as the late Saito Takeshis XO, and served him one last time as his kaishaku. His last act was to put me in command of the Hakudo Maru and I will honor his memory by continuing to serve Kusari.

Asano out.
Asano had never had command of a ship before, but as XO of the late Saito, he had a lot of experience in the CIC of a warship such as this ship. The Hakudo Maru had only been in Saitos command for a short while, before being given to Asano. He knew the crew well and hoped the ship would be fully operational to its full potential soon.

The crew consisted of a tight group of 47. A small group of them, including Asano, were Saitos crew aboard the gunboat class ship Shinji. And though they did not know Saito-sama as well as he did, he knew they respected his memory.

He sat back in the command seat, reflecting on all that had happened.

Contact! Broadcast Bretonian IFF, destroyer class ship Sir!

Pinpoint its location

Dead ahead Sir!

Lets go say hello

It seemed the Bretonians had similar intentions, who turned and came at the Hakudo Maru dead on, when they got into weapons range Asano prepared himself for the coming encounter.

Ready the weapons, divert secondary power to shields, set condition one throughout the ship

All crews reporting ready Sir

That was quick... It would take a while before he got used to commanding a destroyer, but hed picked his crew well, and trusted the transition wouldnt be too rough.

All turrets, open fire!

The primary turrets roared, eight at a time, which was responded to by the muzzle flash of the Bretonian cannons.

Shields are holding, enemy shield at 40%

Lets make use of our agility, veer left, and turn her about, and put us at the stern of that destroyer.

Hai!

With the grace of a ballerina, a few moments later the Hakudo Maru was directly behind the hostile destroyer. The destroyer, in panic tried to make evasive maneuvers.

Tell the gunners to use the bow chasers in a double salvo

This time six primary turrets, mounted at the front bulkhead, fired, three at a time, sending a constant barrage of cannonade, pummeling, draining away the shield of the ship. The high rate of fire was impossible to dodge in a ship of a destroyers size.

Just as the enemys shield failed and the hull was exposed, the gunnery crew said over the intercom:

Sir, the mortar-crew report the light mortar is ready to fire

Good, tell them to fire on my mark...

When he gave the signal, he smiled as he saw the light mortar hit the enemy vessel square in the hull, instantly annihilating a significant amount of its hull integrity.

Prepare another mortar shot, keep the primary turrets firing! Keep us at their aft

The agile Kusari destroyer stayed right behind the Bretonian destroyer, keeping them from being able to make full use of their guns. The Bretonian rear gunners did their best, but the combined firepower of those few turrets couldnt break through the Hakudo Marus graviton shield. After a few more attempts to shake the attacking vessel off their tail, they gave up.

Sir theyre initiating cruise engines

Cruise disrupters!

The destroyers cruise engines were only at 40% charge capacity when the cruise disrupters hit their targets, disabling the engines.

Lets finish her off, prepare all guns

Incoming hail sir

It was no doubt the Bretonians trying to surrender.

Ignore it

He did not want to take prisoners.

Tell the gunnery crew to ready all guns for a final stern rake

Ready Sir

Fire.

The primary turret shots weakened the hull one last time, and the mortar shot penetrated through the deteriorated hull. Having been fired from the stern, the antimatter travelled through the entire length of the ship, waking a path of pure destruction through the destroyer. The destroyer lost control, veered off to one side, then after a few small explosions, was ripped apart by one large explosion, tearing the ship asunder.
Asano picked up the comms set.

Good work everyone. Lets go home.

The celebration throughout the ship was music to his ears.