Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: [C] and CR|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: adrienneperry6.jpg]

To: Council, Colonial Military
Subject: Prometheum/Promethene

[Opening Transmission]

Gentlemen,

The LSF has been working on an operation to steal the valuable chemical element known as prometheum/promethene. As I'm sure those in the Council know, it can be found in abundance in Gallia but it's export is being blocked by the Gallic Royal government. The LSF has determined that we need this element for further research particularly in the field of nuclear energy and scanning technology. Dr. Welch of the LSF's Research, Development and Analysis department will be able to give more detailed information on that as it is his area of expertise.

I have a plan but it requires the support of both your organisations. We're aware that prometheum is used as a catalyst in energy reactions inside Gallic capital ships. I'd like to ask the Council to begin sabotaging a GRN battleship's prometheum/promethene supply (in the Taus) so as to trigger a response from them. It's likely that the GRN will need to transport a new prometheum/promethene supply to their battleship which has been sabotaged, which is where the [C], =LSF= and CR| forces can ambush the prometheum/promethene convoy.

With regard to the Colonial Military, we'd like to request if your forces can requisition a transport to carry the prometheum/promethene back to Colonial territory, where we can then share the prometheum/promethene supply between our two organisations for research. The LSF could requisition a transport but we'd be far away from home, therefore I feel it would be better if the CR| took up that responsibility.

Please let me know any thoughts and queries you have on this operation. I would be more than willing to answer any of your questions.

Kind Regards,
Colonel Adrienne Perry
Director of Tactical Operations, Liberty Security Force

[End Transmission]
[Image: RogerAnders.png]

Colonel Perry, Council,

A pleasure to meet you, Perry, I had only heard some mention of your position third hand from the Hades' crew and the agents in Task Force Carentan.

While we have no specific need for the fuel itself, some research into the supply lines and fuel sources of the Royalists would be beneficial. I am unsure of our friends in the Council's own use of this fuel given their older ships, but their own R&D could be of great assistance. Some of our people in CDI may be interested in talking with either them or Dr. Welch on the matter.

I doubt your people in the Council would have it in their well-intentioned interests to attack a civilian convoy, but sabotage of the Royal Navy's assets in the region would be more agreeable I am sure.
For said convoy ambush, we can provide some military ships and the required transport for extraction.

More concrete plans can be made as we proceed in this channel.

With all due regards,
Commander Roger Anders
[Image: zvTRd.png]
COMM ID: Colonel Aubert Giroux
TARGET ID: Colonel Adrienne Perry, Commander Roger Anders

And this would be the second intelligence agency after your counterparts from Rheinland that seek to adquire prometheum, which they did get from us back then when the Royalists hadn't made their push into Sirius yet.

A quick note about this certain element. That what you know as Promethene and that our ships still use are the product of a high pressure mixture of Oil and Prometheum itself, while the former element alone may be what you are really looking for. Fuel is fuel, and requires a massive conversion in foreign engines, needless to mention the direct access to the prime catalyst which is indeed mined out in the gallic worlds. Whatever endeavor you wish to conduct with this element is totally up to you, although don't expect to change the course of any war with access to such small quantities.

Note closed, now to the point that concern us. A strike will be arranged within the next week alongside my fellow colonel LaFlamme to hit a suitable battleship stationed as far as possible from the main invasion fleet. If LaFlamme doesn't have anything else to add, we'll leave this channel online until our step is taken.
[Image: RogerAnders.png]

Giroux,

I appreciate the extended information, including your concerns. Whatever results we glean from this endeavour - which our engineers doubt will be anything more than an increased understanding of the systems used in Gallia, with our own ready fuel source in Coronado - a surgical strike and disruption of any resupply slow the Royalists for at least some time in that sector. Perhaps the opportunity opened up can be seized by your own forces while the convoy is being diverted.

Thank you once again.

With all due regards,
Commander Roger Anders
ENCRYPTION: High
PRIORITY:Medium
To: Council

Greetings Council Command.

As you may know Sirius lacks promethium depots. But we're interested in some loads for our scientific researches.
Prometheum has it's own unique spectrum. Our agents have found out that stellar object known as Baxter anomaly has similar spectrum. I guess we can cooperate and study connection between that element and Baxter.
Prometheum is also can be used for scanning/x-ray technology as inserting a small dose of promethium will allow us to measure the thickness of the material/object that it is inserted into, as it can measure the radiation that passes through them.
We also believe this to be long-term research.

You'll be notified if we'll achieve any significant progress.