Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Samarran Raiders - Overhaul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 264px-SamarranRaiders.png]

Identification: (SR~
Identification Friend or Foe: Freelancer/None
Identification Papers: "Pirate ID"

|Synopsis

The Raiders were formed by a handful of exiles from a far away planet, initially operating as a marauding pirate clan and merciless slavers, earning themselves quite a name in the Tau and Omicron star clusters. Due to their inherent religious devotion to the Nomads, the Raiders recognized the Outcasts as possible business and military allies, and maintain tight-knit relations with them to this day.

Over time, due to several political and environmental factors, the Raiders experienced a need to evolve to a certain level. Therefore, the upper echelons shifted their attention to actively supporting the nomad agenda in Sirius, while the lower ranking Raiders remained the bloodthirsty and unscrupulous workforce fueling their budget, thrown into the meat grinder with little remorse or second thought.

In the end, the Raiders became an organized para-military force primarily focused on combating those who threaten the Nomads and expanding their influence through religious indoctrination, spying and terrorism, vying for the favor of the Slomon K'hara as their human devotees and forever loyal allies.

|Background and Description

The Samarran Raiders, as their name suggests were formed by a group of exiles from Planet Samarra, somewhere beyond the Nomad Worlds. The exiles were led by the trio of Jared Nomak, Adrian Thrax and Bassam Hussaini. Arriving in their primitive ships somewhere inside the Sigma-19 nebula, the exiles opportunistically seized control of a pilgrim liner, posing as injured miners and deceiving the kind captain.

With this powerful vessel, the exiles explored their surroundings and encountered the Outcasts. After some cultural exchanges and the subsequent realisation that their beliefs are compatible to a certain level, the exiles struck a deal with the Maltese and proceeded to smuggle the orange cardamine to Liberty, and bring back those unfortunate enough to end up as slaves on one of the Rogue bases.

Both sides were hungry, the Maltese for slaves, the denizens of Liberty for cardamine and the exiles - for credits. Business boomed, and soon enough, with enough credits, bands of men were hired, and so - The Samarran Raiders were born.

Commanding a sizeable fighter wing and a pilgrim liner, the Raiders efficiently sowed strife through the Tau systems and Bretonia with their raids, earning the hate of the resident lawful forces and corporations.

As time progressed, the Raiders became more and more established within this new environment, and with the ecstatic realization that their Gods actually reign in the space around them, this Sirius Sector seemed more and more inviting. The sector beckoned, like a treasure trove that tickled their greed, and the reign of the Nomads emboldened their spirit - the Raiders were here to stay.

As power and influence was gained, alliances forged and hostilities erupted, the Raiders dynamically evolved and changed. They ocasionally went under and re-emerged almost seemlessly, striking back when least expected, always in the shadows, actively pleasing the Nomads, earning their trust...

|Structure and Division

The Raiders are divided socially and with different purposes and tasks in mind. Four caste divisions exist, and other sub-divisions under each caste. They are as follows:

-Overlord: The supreme leader, the one who sits upon the throne and commands the respect and fear of every Raider. His name is spoken in battles as an inspiring rallying cry and whispers in casual conversation. His word is supreme law, answerable only to the Nomads.

-Reaver: The advisors of the Overlord, whom assist him in the tasks of running the organization. There are always two Reavers, no more, no less, each incharge of a specific sphere:

- -War and Strife: The unparalleled warlord and the commander of the raiding corps, the hand that holds the searing blade.

- -Subterfuge and Deceit: The cunning spymaster and manipulator, speaking with a slithering tongue, he spreads intrigue wherever he goes.

-Marauder: The warlords and commanders, dealing directly with the reavers and conveying their will onto the rest, the ones who swing the flailing chain.

-Inquisitor: The elite agents and assassins, usually operating out plain sight in disguise, using intrigue to spark conflict and influence events in their favor.

-Acolyte: These priests are the driving force of The Slithering Tongue. Trained at infiltration and propaganda spreading, they are the expendable missionaries and agents.

-Assailant: The elite Raiders, leading patrols and engaging small groups of enemies on their own.

-Raider: The bulk of The Searing Blade, they are well trained and well equipped for conflict.

The Flailing Chain: The usual lowlifes, criminals and general neer-do-wells. Poorly regarded by those above them, they are the fresh recruits that are thrown into the meat grinder in order to gather profit through piracy and smuggling

Pillager: Freshly conscripted pirates and smugglers, that would do anything to get their greedy little hands on a bit of credits. Too bad the overlord takes most of it.

|Goals and Purpose

1. Follow the guidance of the Nomads, and serve their agenda, no questions asked.

2. Salvation of humanity through change. In order to save their race from total annihilation and constant conflict, the Raiders are converting the poor and needy and establishing secret cults on planets and bases, in order to unite the people under the philosophy of Slomon K'hara inspired unity. The willing are shown the way, the reluctant are disposed of in an apathetic manner. The death of billions means nothing compared to the salvation of the race and its continuation from the few enlightened.

3. Establish themselves in Sirius Sector. The raiders still have no permanent bases of operation, and use the bases of their allies and freeports to base themselves. In order to survive and flourish, they must carve out a chunk of the sector for themselves, and no methods are condoned in order to reach this.

|Diplomatic Relations

Devoted: Slomon K'hara, Das Wilde, Aoi Iseijin.
Allied: 101st
Friendly: Liberty Rogues
Cautious: Zoners, Junkers, Lane Hackers, GC
Resentful: Contari Lance, Everyone Else
Hateful: House Police, House Militaries, House Intelligence Agencies, House Corporations, GMG
War: The Order, Coalition, Colonial Republic, Independent Miners Guild

//OORP Notes:

Recruitment is currently closed by regular means, and is conducted either by invitation or ingame roleplay.
Didn't you guys kind of end up on CL}'s bad side due to various in game events? The general attitude of things suggested to us (while I was in charge anyways) that you didn't like us challenging 101st power. It seems odd to list them as allied when no formal cooperation has occurred between the two groups and the encounters the groups had were tense.

CL} faction doc also puts you guys as friendly. I'd suggest you drop CL} down to friendly, personally, even though they're OC ID'd (with whom you a largely affiliated).

Other than that, it looks good. I'd love to see some more ingame slaver RP from you guys though, if that's supposed to be how you get a bunch of your money. Cardi transports too, though slaves just scream 'Raider' a bit more to me.
(08-26-2013, 08:29 AM)Captain Irwin of the Lance Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't you guys kind of end up on CL}'s bad side due to various in game events? The general attitude of things suggested to us (while I was in charge anyways) that you didn't like us challenging 101st power. It seems odd to list them as allied when no formal cooperation has occurred between the two groups and the encounters the groups had were tense.

The passive opposition sprung from the fact that the Lance was an emerging power, which may have not allowed the Raiders to enjoy the same status if they reached supreme power.

Actually a natural reaction if you think about it, a preference of the old and familiar over the new and unknown which may or may not interfere with our operations.

This however, slowly ceased over time and from what I could tell, the Lance treated us well and we responded in kind.

(08-26-2013, 08:29 AM)Captain Irwin of the Lance Wrote: [ -> ]CL} faction doc also puts you guys as friendly. I'd suggest you drop CL} down to friendly, personally, even though they're OC ID'd (with whom you a largely affiliated).

An alliance doesn't have to mean true friendship(that would be devoted), but rather a military agreement of constant cooperation against shared enemies and defense of mutual interests, and we treat all Outcasts this way. The Lance is no exception, and putting it down to just friendly, would mean open decay of relations, being in the same bag as the Liberty Rogues, aka mere business partners.

(08-26-2013, 08:29 AM)Captain Irwin of the Lance Wrote: [ -> ]CL} Other than that, it looks good. I'd love to see some more ingame slaver RP from you guys though, if that's supposed to be how you get a bunch of your money. Cardi transports too, though slaves just scream 'Raider' a bit more to me.

After this overhaul, the low ranks were envisioned as the orthodox raiders that we used to be in the past, which pirate and smuggle (yes slaves too) under our banner, but are loosely affiliated with us and held in low regard inRP.

That said, the faction made a certain shift of its operations, as in, we no longer focus solely on terrorising miners and transports (miners rejoice!), but turning a big portion of our attention to the sphere of those that oppose the Nomads openly. They are the raiding target now, so to speak.

Thank you for your feedback, see you ingame.
Sounds very interesting.

I hope we could meet ingame, since I would like to see, how this works.

Good luck!
(08-26-2013, 01:07 PM)Wraga Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds very interesting.

Good luck!

Hello there. Didn't you have a Slaver group a while back? If so, right on. Hope we'll see you in game as well.

EDIT: If you want to arrange something, send us a transmission. We have devoted and willing PRs.
btw i thought SR were officials
(08-26-2013, 01:22 PM)The Samarran Raiders Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck!

Hello there. Didn't you have a Slaver group a while back? If so, right on. Hope we'll see you in game as well.

EDIT: If you want to arrange something, send us a transmission. We have devoted and willing PRs.

You are right, there were multiple attempts to start a new slaver group after the old ones died, but since the slaver ID gone we had to face with the consequences and the group died peacefully.

As far as I know, Quorg tried to remake the SU later, but the outcome was the same...sadly.

Since I need to work a lot, I dont have time to make or lead a group but the idea always hurts my butt. I miss slavery a lot from the server.
(08-26-2013, 02:45 PM)Wraga Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2013, 01:22 PM)The Samarran Raiders Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck!

You are right, there were multiple attempts to start a new slaver group after the old ones died, but since the slaver ID gone we had to face with the consequences and the group died peacefully.

As far as I know, Quorg tried to remake the SU later, but the outcome was the same...sadly.

Since I need to work a lot, I dont have time to make or lead a group but the idea always hurts my butt. I miss slavery a lot from the server.

I know what you mean, the removal of the Slaver ID hurt our bums as well.

(08-26-2013, 01:58 PM)Spike Seadra Wrote: [ -> ]btw i thought SR were officials

The request was made, but ultimately denied.
looks good so far. Keep going.