Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An Outcast Trader?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yesterday I came across an Advanced Train in Sigma 13, it had what I assume to be an Outcast Guard Tag as I am neutral to the Outcasts but not their guard and this ship showed up as hostile. It was using the trade lanes as well, my question is How does this work in RP?
Outcast tagged traders are on rise recently... Tho i dont know how he had guard tag... Maybe it was fighter char went trader?
But then again I've seen a Zoner with Nomad guns, Traders with Police Tags, a Bounty Hunter and a Pirate sitting at Sigma 13/NB jump hole together robbing Traders etc etc.
There seems to be two Discovery games happening at once, the first is made up of serious rp'ers who do it all by the book and then there's the rest who make it up as they go along, I'm beginning to understand why some players are frustrated by all of this, shouldn't there be an rp exam before you start perhaps? or a grace period where you get yourself set up with money/rep and then you have to play properly?
Yea its called period between 8th and 40th rank, or simply "while you can use civilian ID"

But because most newbies are instantly pointed to silverton asteroids, or even given some money to buy CSV/Rhino so that period tends to be short.

For instance, when i came i didnt know how to get fast money so i had some 2 weeks of flying around in small fighters and learning how to, and how not to behave.

Most newbes now are pointed in right direction to get money so they fly VHF in their first day on.
' Wrote:Yea its called period between 8th and 40th rank, or simply "while you can use civilian ID"

But because most newbies are instantly pointed to silverton asteroids, or even given some money to buy CSV/Rhino so that period tends to be short.

For instance, when i came i didnt know how to get fast money so i had some 2 weeks of flying around in small fighters and learning how to, and how not to behave.

Most newbes now are pointed in right direction to get money so they fly VHF in their first day on.
Yea, new players do not have the knowlege these days to manage the ships they can aquire so quickly these days.

I asked a bounty hunter, how long he had been here. He said 3 days, he had a cruiser with his trader ID still on board.

BOS, The_Angels and others are trying to change all that though.:)
I reckon there should be a new rule. "No giving money to newbies, point them in the right direction but don't hand feed them. Otherwise you are simply creating the next wave of cap whores".

[i]Yea its called period between 8th and 40th rank, or simply "while you can use civilian ID"

Yes, but for most newbies the civilian ID period is just about survival and making some money, rp isn't factored into this so you end up with level 40 players in Percheron freighters and Police Tags flying around Kusari space (because it's quiet) trading away and probably not realizing how un-rp that is, I know because I did it myself until the error of my ways was pointed out.
It also confuses things when you have to step out of roleplay to do something (like killing your allies) that gets you to where you want to be.
Many people don't seem to understand that the game itself does not support good roleplay and seems to conspire against it sometimes, I'm pretty sure there are players who think that because they are able to buy something they must therefore be allowed to use it in any situation.
Well i guess that is because our server, and its strict rules are very new, and very strange to newbies, who either played SP where you do as you please, or some other server/mod where there are no rules regarding ship use/purchase and tag issues.

Actually most newbies(i know i didnt know it until someone explained it to me) do not realize what tag is, how it works and how to change it.

Also idea of ID is somewhat fuzzy to newbies who do not read rules(yes you get them as commodity in your hull), but i noted most sell it right away, or not notice it untill they take first loot. Or notice they cannot tractor loot because they sold unknown item they had called ID.

Maybe only way to amend this is that [Angels] like players grow in number, and maybe point newbies as they undock to do following:

Read rules commodity.
Read ID equipment on Manhattan, and explain them what "basic" IDs there are(Police, Pirate, Trader)
Ask them to make new character with somewhat more "acceptable name" instead of different "PwNzor" and alike "names" maybe try to spread idea of FirstName.LastName naming? Its easyer to make new character right now, than doing NCC or spoiling it to others who dont want to read names like M3tAl and alike.

I try to, but some simply ignore you, try to talk in native language, or simply ask "who are you" and "why should i listen to you"
Getting back to the orignal topic that held together for all of one post (;)), a trader can have any tag, though he must RP accordingly. A trader with an Outcast tag shouldn't smuggle artifacts, nor land on lawful bases. The BLS use Outcast tag/ID for their (our >.>) smugglers, which can only land on unlawful bases.
So in short, it depends on what he's doing whilst having said tag.

1 up

So in short, it depends on what he's doing whilst having said tag.

1 up
[/quote]

Well last night he was watching me run the hell away from him in sigma 13:rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2 3