Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ravis Family Journal || Accounts of Xavier, Hudson, and Tal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:: Accessing Document ::

:: Downloading... ::

:: Please Wait... ::

:: File Recieved ::

:: Displaying Contents ::
Log #: 00000
Identification: Tal Ravis
Priority: N/A
Encryption: N/A

Greetings.

Us, as brothers, are seperated by millions of kilometers of cold, unforgiving space. My presence in the Taus, Hudson's constant duty for the Republic of Liberty, and Xavier's residence in the isolated Alberta system only serves to hold us more and more apart from each other.

In order to start communications once again between us, I have opened up this channel for all three of us to converse, tell stories, or leave notes about your daily experience.

As a precautionary measure to keep each of us in check, the encryption on these documents are disabled. I will not personally tolerate my brothers revealing any confidential information.

The following accounts have been added to the Permissions List:

All Viewers: Read Only

xravis@platinum.com - Edit, Create, and Read
travis@colonial.gov - Owner
hravis@navy.gov - Edit, Create, and Read
Log #: 00001
Identification: Hudson Ravis
Priority: Disabled
Encryption: Disabled

Hey there, brothers.

Just writing to say that I live to see another day. There was a rather bothersome Gallic Freelancer who decided that it'd be smart to attack a few Navy vessels in a repair ship. We didn't manage to destroy him in the end, but at least all of us got home marginally unscathed.

Anyways, how are you all doing? I haven't spoke to any of you since the accident.
Log #: 00002
Identification: Xavier Ravis

First! Wait, god damn it, Hudson!

Anywho, all is quaint up here in the ol' Alberta system. Pirate activity seemed to start dying down since last month, as a matter of fact, I haven't seen a Rogue in two weeks!

We got relocated here to Camrose for the time being, said that there was an issue with the reactor core on Rutherford, probably because the odd particles from Cold Lake. The engineers found a similar issue with our headquarters as well. They said it shouldn't take much longer, but it's really effecting our business. It takes our miners 10 minutes to cruise out from Camrose to the Platinum fields, and 10 minutes to come back. That, and the fact that there isn't a place to store any ore, really impedes on our profits. Hell, they even told us to leave all our belongings on the station, so I don't even have anything!

I've been flying mostly inter-Liberty trips, from...whoops, station out to Planet Houston. I make such great wages for these deliveries too, 35 million credits an hour! Of course, there's an occasional pirate sitting on a lane, but hey, a little negotiation always works.

But, enough about me, tell us about your experiences, Tal.
Log #: 00003
Identification: Xavier Ravis

Evening, all.

They unveiled the newest generation of the venerable Mastodon transport vessel today at Baltimore shipyards, and I have to say, I was quite impressed by it's elegance. It feels like and looks like a liner. It's also longer than a Liberty Dreadnought.

They later took the Swordfish from my possession and re-issued me the newer model of the Mastodon, free of charge. It's also quite nice inside, albeit a tad utilitarian in some places. All the equipment on the vessel is brand new and top of the line, and we named it the Swordfish once again and set off for Alberta.

Rutherford's core completed emergency repairs today as well, but the engineers advise us not to dock with the station just yet due to another possible core shutdown. It's only a matter of time before they finalize the core repair efforts, is what the engineers said when they arrived back on Camrose.

Apparently all the bases that were deployed by Hercules transports had a defect in the core, and they're supposedly recalling them and ordering replacements to get them running again. It's what one of the chief engineers told me, at least.

Xavier out.