Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Falling Toward the Sky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leaving Galicia Research with the submission to have her sister take care of all duties that occur with the Echelon project, Gabriella makes her way through Huescar Nebula for the Siniestre Cloud. In what felt like centuries passing, her thoughts center at the latest attempts to get at least some of the answers she seeks from Angela. A hopeless endeavour with Corino circling the topic with her words, praying at the essence of knowledge not everyone received, as she usually converses with people.

Gabriella shakes off any thought about the past, any ideas she got for the Nacion. She was about to pace the path to its end, a way eventually not including her return.
And yet, with every metric shift of clicks she flew, fragments inducted to her mind by the usage of Liquid float her awareness. Forced shivers mark the entry to what is awaiting her beyond the Gates of the Archway.

Silent is her way through the Alpha system. Ishmael disappears at the horizon of her view, Ibiza is lost to the nebulas of Siniestre. Knowledge dictates her to become a nonentity subject, Gabrialla breathes consciously to remind herself that voids liberality is an illusion working so many paths the same time, a mind unfocused and distant will fall to the emptyness without resistance. Jump to Ninety shows adaptive to her diverging from the location she came for, as she finds herself closing within Carineas orbit. Taking notice of her surroundings, Gabriella realises where she is. This is not the place she came for, not the intended destination. But then, what is intended in this endeavour? Every move in this venture has a meaning to it, nothing happens for a coincidence. And so is this subconscious flight for arrival at Carinea part of another circle that opened upfront her, providing more questions than answers given.

[Image: 2jCMcVK.png]

Her look carves through Siniestre Cloud to catch the unknown, and for a fractional moment the tenuous relief of a well known signal suffuses her veins.
Angela.
Carineas hostility is one of the most intriguing factors this place holds up to its unique atmosphere, the marvellous shapes the all surrounding void provides to deaths characteristics able to take one beyond the forbidden spheres.
It is the Guardian to Acheron, between the path to immediate end and the way that floods consciousness with eternitys painful truth.
It is the inevitable cross, diverting one from its rightful venture, insisting to alter the taken trail to its worst cause.
No life can be found there.
Looking for Angela here was a natural endeavour. A woman just like the place itself, her mind a mirror to the choices one has to make, yet not giving the knowledge that justifies any decision done.
Gabriella closes her eyes to have her mind perform the mysterious bond with the events past imaginations horizon just Carinea can state upon thoughts. Drifting on silence, voids shield to guard its secrets from the praying eye mankind embodies, she is once more about to lose herself within the rift selecting those worth the true word.

Her thoughts adrift, her lifeline touching nonexistence, as emptiness taking voice enlivens her blood.
Emptiness voice. Covering the aware mind to cloud reality with the delusions that ever since brought one to the enigma the forbidden jump echos.
Emptiness voice. Taking the fear that the living beholds against the constraints binding it to existance.
Angelas voice.
Gabriella You really found me. Wasn't that hard to guess I take.
Emissary Nope. Nothing hard about that.
Gabriella I'm that predictable already?
Emissary I prefer it that way. Hard to do business with unpredictable clients.
Gabriella But as far I'm aware, I'm not one of your -clients-. Or is it just that?
Emissary Depends on the perspective.
Gabriella Talking about your perspective.
Emissary Mine? You are, in a way, a client. At least this way it's easier to relate the relations I have with -them- and thus what my role is.
Gabriella Can't say much for my own. I think I forgot what point I should represent.
Emissary Yours or that of the Nacion or... your dream of what Nacion is ought to be? You seem to have lost yourself between them all.
Gabriella A Client. So that's all what I show as, being degraded to an individual of improper value and ... I don't know. What am I to know?

Emissary I think someone just went where they shouldn't be...
Gabriella There's sure things I should know, should be aware of, should fight for, but... I think I lost track on what's the cause. Let them be, k'Hara will deal with it. It's their issue.

Gabriella It's still around here, got contact on scanners.
Emissary Wrong way, trader. Turn back.

Emissary Are people that blind they don't see where their ships are flying?
Gabriella Sure. You expect too much from people.
Emissary You seem rather depressed. Well, here goes the thought that the last delivery would have liven you up a bit.
Gabriella It did. It did too well I'd assume. And si, I'm rather depressed. Thinking of the opportunity to try destiny by waiting for the decompression of this Sabre. If there's more, something sure would prevent radiation to burn me. Or not. Who knows? I surely don't. But I'm up to find out.
Emissary So that's why you've been hiding from others recently. Don't want others to see the mighty and uncompromising Gaby in such... in such state, I suppose.
Gabriella Not the first time this happens, but it's different this time.
Emissary Why, you feel abandoned, like you're just the only one carrying the flag and everyone else around you don't give a damn?
Gabriella That too. But I take that's not the only reason.
Emissary What else eating up from the inside?
Gabriella With every move I make towards my tasked goal, it looks as I'd move further away from it. I'm losing myself with this project. If I get this done, in any way at all, then after there won't be much left of me.
Emissary Tend to your patience, and one day there'll be fruitful results.
Gabriella One day. What day? When I'm dying of age? Or when I'm bleeding out leaving this world?
Emissary Wouldn't that be a terrible irony...
Gabriella I can't even tell if this is real.
Emissary You know some people would sacrifice for much less. Fighting the wars the other men have began.
Gabriella What I should care for any war. There'll always be war. War just ends if we're forcing them all under one banner.
Emissary Under one banner. One vision. One purpose.
Gabriella But then there'll be war against the outside... specimen yet unknown, beyond the boundaries of Sirius. I don't know.
Emissary Not for a long time.
Gabriella It feels like there's missing a part of me. Ever since I recently took Liquid again, this fact brutally came back to realization. And I've supressed that feeling before.
Emissary You wanted to forget that feeling.
Gabriella Of course. But now I can't anymore.
Emissary You know what's really terrifying about -them-? Not their technology, not their nature even. No... their unforgetfulness.
Gabriella I close my eyes and it's ripping my soul out of me, my mind floats abroad to a place I cannot reach once awake again. Unforgetfulness. We've mythology circling this topic. You recently called it poetry, might be said right too. But diving the river Lethe is the one thing our soul's to achieve once it left the body. And as we learned, you don't need to be dead for that. But I can't reach it. I see it, I can bring others to this point, I can hover the waters with my hand. But I'll never cross it. That became clear since the past day.
Emissary So close yet so far away, aye?
Gabriella So what you say I should strive for?
Emissary Depends on what you think is worth making happen and how far are you prepared to go for it.
Gabriella I became a nonentity already, so all I'd do is to work for something I'll never enjoy myself. Am I really having that devotion? I'll die. I saw it. It's the inevitable end after we're done.
Emissary If you die then you'll forget. I intend to not forget.
Gabriella See my issue? I refuse to forget, but it will happen and that's why I'll never cross the Lethe. So there's no meaning to my end. Not for myself.
Emissary But then you also know there is another way.
Gabriella I said it's the way I don't want to go. I said, you said... I can't even differ anymore who said what. Everything's a cloudy compound of thoughts.
Emissary It's much tempting to lay down the burdens, surrender the memories and simply forget it all. Always there, always simple.
Gabriella And will likely work. To be honest, it's the best option we have. The best option now, as I'm sure there'll be better ones at the end, but then again... without utilizing all what's at our disposal, we likely won't see the end.
Emissary It comes back to what exactly that you want.
Gabriella Apart from that... we've just recently made an interesting find. We're still trying to figure out what it excatly is and of what value it is at all, but the impact will be immense I think. We've found a soldier put on cryostasis deep down hidden within Galicia. A section of the station nowhere on the record.
Emissary A solider? Whose soldier?
Gabriella Maltese soldier.
Emissary And what's so special about that person?
Gabriella We've awakened it already, it sports an armour we've not seen to this date, but it's maltese, and it's sworn to fight for the Nacion. Well... you are well aware how Cardamine improves a human. This one is faster. Has quicker reflexes. Shoots with more accuracy. And endures more pain. ...as any Maltese I've ever known. It's not even addicted to Cardamine.
Emissary A blast from a past, huh?
Gabriella But more important, last record on it's internal memory-chip dates Six-hundred-fifteen.
Emissary Are you telling me this fellow is someone from early days of settlement, has been kept frozen since then and...
Gabriella They called me insane for reactivating it. Early days... it's just two hundred years, hardly the early days.
Emissary Then that one isn't Maltese.
Gabriella Of course it isn't. It's not dependant to Cardamine. It still fights for the Nacion.
Emissary Why -it-? Is -it- genderless or something?
Gabriella It's a female.
Emissary Alright. At least some certainty there.
Gabriella But with all the differences to a human shell... I mean, biological body, I prefer to call it an -it-. It's still human, but it isn't human anymore. It's something else... something better.
Emissary Sounds like... you're almost jealous there.
Gabriella I sure am. It overcame six of our best trained soldiers as we woke it up. In a matter of seconds.
Emissary But without Cardamine that person life will be shorter and... well, it wouldn't matter. Will be forgotten.
Gabriella This I doubt. I really do.
Emissary But it is your -find-, so whatever you do with it is up to you.
GabriellaI even think it will survive us all.
Emissary [laughs] Preposterous.
Gabriella But isn't this interesting? Scientist developed that two hundred years ago, hidden away from Nacion all that time. So much more valuable as we're now in regards for the path of Nacion's survival. The hell I know. It's hasn't even let us remove the helmet yet. Her name is Kelly.
Emissary Put it to sleep and sort it out, shouldn't be that hard.
Gabriella Hell no. It's worth dozens of our soldiers in combat. I intend to make use of that.
Emissary [shakes head] Rubbish...
Gabriella Maybe. Maybe it dies the next days, who knows. I willing to find out. Anyhow... what do you know about the hybridization prozess?
Emissary Well... should it die I think -they-'d be interested in conducting experiments. Then again, dead or not.
Gabriella I've heard vague facts about it, can't tell what's truth and what are rumors.

Gabriella Angela?
Emissary What?
Gabriella Answer me?
Emissary Answer what exactly?
Gabriella Hmpf.
Emissary You have not asked any question.
Gabriella I... you know this was a question, even if it wasn't. Don't play dumb on me. I sure know you don't want me to know, but it's my decision. So answer me.
Emissary Ask your question, Gaby.
Gabriella What do you know about the hybridization process?
Emissary You know I can't read thoughts and all that. What do you want to know about it?
Gabriella How does it effect the possibility to keep the human mind existing? Will human mind still be existent? Or is it overwritten by -them- and put to use? Different between this and what the Wilden are is?
Emissary It's not overwritten, the person retains memories of former life, retains some identity, but much is changed.
Gabriella Changed? Or merged? Change would mean it's overwritten. A merge is a consent.
Emissary Change means change. Something that was that isn't the same anymore. Overwritten implies everything is written over as opposed to partial effect.
Gabriella You think we can get a sample for restudying the synapses links?
Emissary Hybrids are part of their collective.
Gabriella It's the closed example we could possibly get if we're talking about human mind being made able for a sharing mind. Well, isn't it not that what we try to achieve?
Emissary Hybrids would not have been possible without the collective. Some tried this before... they failed.
Gabriella To find a collective mind... but aren't we here to make this possible? If not, we've to talk about our intentions again. We really have.
Emissary You want them to have a collective of their own. They disagree.

Gabriella Though, now that I'm thinking over it again... you've yet to tell me what your intention on all this is. Why you'd want to assist the Nacion at all? What's the purpose of your help, so it'll come? And even more important, what you think your assistance will provide good for the Nacion?
Emissary What does it matter to you?
Gabriella You surely shouldn't have made -them- handing me that Liquid, you won't like the clear view it provides a human with. It matters. Don't question it. It's all you need to know.
Emissary You are questioning me and so ask you too, it's that simple.
Gabriella I've never made a secret out of my intentions. To be honest, and you sure know that well enough too, I've even made my point towards -them- clear enough. But -you- ... you're evading my questions.
Emissary My deal with -them- is my vision, Gaby.
Gabriella And that vision be? I want to know that now. You ever told me to be honest with my feelings and thoughts regarding -them-. Now I ask you to be honest with me.
Emissary I've lived long enough among them, and over time I had seen their vision, and now it matters to me as well.
Gabriella And that vision be? You're still evading answering me directly. Alright... I'll be even more blunt. I've to know if I can trust you on every regard.
Emissary Because words are not enough to express it, Gab. Not because I prefer to hide it from you.
Gabriella Which means... I so far shared all my thoughts and intentions with you, there's nothing that would surprise you.
Emissary Because meanings will be lost in translation.
Gabriella Try it. It's so far the only way to communicate for us. You're with them, or you're with us. Or are we with them? They're with us? We're both after the same? Is all this for the better of -them- or benefits boths sides? Where does your loyalty lie?
Emissary I strongly believe it will benefit the mankind in a long run. Like escaping from the prison we carry with us wherever we go.
Gabriella Meaning of that?
Emissary Gab. Tell me... why did our ancestors had come here?
Gabriella Don't speak in metaphors. We came here to escape the ... I believe... the war with the Coalition. Past in the days of old.
Emissary Yes, the Coalition. Tales of the times long gone.
Gabriella We came here to escape destruction, in whatever way destruction is ment.
Emissary In other words... our ancestors ran.
Gabriella Don't question my questions with questions. It won't help you this time.
Emissary But then you see... Coalition is here too. What little there is.
Gabriella I've asked you. You're on my side ... or on -their- side? What's the agenda you follow?
Emissary You asked the question about the vision and I'm trying to convey it to you.
Gabriella The Coalition is of no concern to that.
Emissary Oh not them as what they are today, of course not. But here is the thing.
Gabriella So?
Emissary We didn't run from some alien specie, we didn't run from some mad robot army that has risen against us, no... we even forgot why it all began in the first place.
Gabriella Ideology.
Emissary All we know is that it was supposedly us or them, and nothing else.
Gabriella And I ask you now... Them not being the Coalition, but your -associates-. Will it be -us- or -them- again?
Emissary It would not matter where we will go, Gab. It'll all be the same, the history will continue to repeat itself over and over. Till we forget it's all a lie.
Gabriella You... you... I hate you.
Emissary Unless... unless we will not forget. Unless we will remember our mistakes.
Gabriella You're so cryptic I want to hurt you.

Gabriella Huh?
Emissary What have I told you earlier about what terrified me the most in -them-?
Gabriella Their unforgivefulness?
Emissary Unforgetfulness.
Gabriella Or that. Both I can provide too. Now tell me, whom you would want less to hunt you?
Emissary You make no distinction between the both and that is one more reason why it all will come crashing down again and again.
Gabriella Then tell me what's the difference.
Emissary Forgetting is just forgetting. Until it's not... when it's convinient, and then it's called something else and then we're all abord the train heading straight to hell. Forget your pain, forget your depression, forget it all so you can make the same mistakes again and again. The memory gap like a pit swallowing each and every one of us, when some cling to the borders trying to reach out... And others give into it, dragging others along.
Gabriella Then make me remember. There's nothing here left for me.
Emissary You know the way. You already knew it. But you don't want it. You're afraid.
Gabriella I'll ask you one question again, and this time ...this time I want you to answer it. Don't make escuses. Don't answer with a question. Be honest.
Emissary I was honest with you all this time.
Gabriella If all hell comes down to us,... where's your loyalty? Is it with -them- or is it with the Nacion, and thus with me.
Emissary Truth? When hell comes down to you all.. I'll be long gone and far away.
Gabriella Don't... evade... answering. It's simple. -Them- or the Nacion?
Emissary I'm with the future, Gab.
Gabriella Get out of your ship...
Emissary Not the present day. Not the past.
Gabriella ...so I can punch you.

Gabriella [tries to calm herself down and is filling an injection with the Liquid she was provided with]
Gabriella You know what... [shoots the Liquid into a vein through the plug on her suit] Show me.
Emissary I'm with the future. And the future lies with -them-... you know it too.
Gabriella Show me. I want to see it. Now.
Emissary I'm not -them-. I cannot grant you any visions.
Gabriella Make it happen.
Emissary It is not within my powers.
Gabriella Make... it... happen.
Emissary And it is not within my will. Only in yours....
Gabriella Then... so be it. I'll force answers to be given.