Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Universal should have a good gunboat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As it is, Universal's only choice for anything bigger than a large snub (excluding transports) is an ahoudori, which doesn't make any sense as it is clearly kusarian in design. I think that they should either have access to the liberty gunboat or the montante. seeing as zoners, GMG, IMG, and Junkers can use it at 90%, I think that universal would have similar access to it, especially considering it's sold at a freelancer base. As for the lib gunboat, I think being the largest trading corporation in liberty should mean they can have access to some kind of military protection.
So I guess you haven't done your homework. There is now a Civilian Gunboat for sale at Planet Houston, amongst other bases.

On top of that, Universal could purchase LN Gunboats or BHG Gunboats, and have a 90% core.
you mean the montante? I don't know where everyone is getting full power cores from, but I personally tried it, got 10%. As for the other gunboats, it may be 90%, but it's not allowed in the ship list here: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Universal_Sh...r_faction)
No, I mean the Condor. Universal shouldn't be using the Montante.

Edit: There is no Wiki article on the Condor yet.
I have never heard of the condor. Thanks for telling me, I'll check it out.
Please, for the love of god, look at technerfs and research things before posting a thread like this. The condor is a legitimate mistake since it's not well known but USI has been able to use the LN GB for.. Always?

Why should devs such as Max bother with something if you don't care enough to do just that which takes maybe 3-4 minutes?
As I said before, I know that USI can use the liberty gunboat technerf-wise, but they can't on the USI wiki page. You say I should spend some time researching things on other pages, how about you actually read what I gave a direct link to?
Keep in mind, the Wiki is player-created, not Admin/Dev created or monitored.

So with that knowledge, it could have been that no one has bothered to update the USI page, or perhaps USI official faction does not want their players to have GB's.

If you can infact use gunboats though, then why not update the wiki page yourself if the leader of USI is up for that?
(10-05-2013, 01:03 AM)creepytacoman Wrote: [ -> ]As I said before, I know that USI can use the liberty gunboat technerf-wise, but they can't on the USI wiki page. You say I should spend some time researching things on other pages, how about you actually read what I gave a direct link to?

(10-05-2013, 01:08 AM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind, the Wiki is player-created, not Admin/Dev created or monitored.

So with that knowledge, it could have been that no one has bothered to update the USI page, or perhaps USI official faction does not want their players to have GB's.

If you can infact use gunboats though, then why not update the wiki page yourself if the leader of USI is up for that?

Technically, the Wiki is Admin created, as it's part of Discovery GC. However, it is maintained and updated by players, and is not recognised as a canonical source of lore when considering player-written content, nor an official source of up-to-date server rules. Coincidently, I happen to do some occasional Wiki maintenance, but that's unrelated to my role as a Mod Developer.

USI player faction
This page that you have been looking at is the page for the [*USI*] player faction, not the entire NPC faction as a whole, which is covered by this much simpler page:
Universal Shipping

Many player factions impose internal restrictions on the types of ships that their members may fly, usually tied in with that player's rank in the faction. This is what the "permitted ships" list is on that particular Wiki page. Note that these restrictions are enforced solely by the leadership of the faction itself, not the Administration team, as it is not under the auspices of the Server Rules.

Characters that are not part of a faction with ship restrictions are permitted to fly any class of ship as determined by their ID.

On the Wiki's front page:

Quote:Please note that not all pages in this Wiki are up to date or 100% accurate. This Wiki should be used as a guide, rather than a source of canonical information. For server-specific rules, check the website or forum relevant to the server you play on.
Um US ....... needs a gunboat? Now I may be dated on my mode of consensus, but every civilian company needing a gunboat is getting old >.>.

Now I am a hypocrite when I ran Kishiro, but guess what...Kishiro built military vessels. Does US build military ships? I'm old, but I never was informed of such things when I was in USI <,<.
Pages: 1 2