Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: WAR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to suggest a improvement to the wars
now factions are raiding each other and then return to their own system
but what if a faction can take control over a system that is owned by a faction that they have war with

so factions are able to "defeat" other factions

but the capital systems should be protected

I think this will add more RP to the wars
I suggested the same thing some 5 months ago, but people didn't seem to like the idea a lot....
.:j:. will own whole sirius
/thread
Player interaction has no meaning towards lore-based numbers of background militaries. Or do you want to see situations when a small bunch of Liberty Rogues players (faction with no actual organisation, widely stomped on by authorities everywhere) taking over Texas?
it should not be that easy
maybe something like this:
that faction that want to take control a other system should first make a post on the forum about it so the other faction know about it
then they should make a POB without any upgrades
if they can keep that POB up for 1-2days then they get control of the system
There are too little players to proper balance the power of factions compared to what they 'should' have in the lore.

In the lore Gallia should be the most powerful house, however there are next to no active people playing it. Rendering the whole story of Gallia useless since a few LNS could just steamroll all the way to Paris.

(Of course the whole Gallia idea in Discovery was never really liked in the first place.)

The nomads would be swept away since the Order has or had way more people. I remember the time of a zillion Osirises hanging around Toledo. Honestly believe that if we had system ownership based on the ingame power rather than lore power, the Order would've owned almost all of Sirius.

The idea simply doesn't work in small communities like Discovery. If this was a MMORPG, then the idea would probably work.
You do understand nobody will want to be on the losing side, right?
maybe a system to get credits when you are killing player ships where you are in war with ???
or something else that adds some value to the wars
Get a friend to log on the hostile side and farm away.
(10-11-2013, 03:27 PM)uni Wrote: [ -> ]maybe a system to get credits when you are killing player ships where you are in war with ???
or something else that adds some value to the wars

http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=63
Pages: 1 2