Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: TAZ | From: A Curious Junker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Signal found.
Deciphering...
Sender: John Fenton

'ey, so I saw a Zoner docked here at Freeport 4 when I was dropping off some supplies. Now, I'm a Junker, and like a lot of us, I'm a mechanic. I see a new ship, or a new gun, and I want to see how it runs and how I can make it run better.

So I'd like to know what it takes for a Junker to get his hands on your gear. Nothin' overly large, not like a Junker's got use for a battleship. Just interested in the Osprey, some of your cannons to go with it, and maybe a Conference. To be honest, I was kind of expecting you'd have a freighter rolled out by now, but it looks like you don't.

I've already taken a crack at a Kingfisher, which I'm pretty sure the Osprey was based on. Takes a lot of work to straighten out the power grid, but the basic design had some potential. If the Osprey's improved as much as I expect it has, it should be a very interesting ship.

When I'm not messin' around in the hangar, I typically pull security shifts or small salvage ops. Nothin' that'd give you any problems if I had some of your gear.

Signal lost.
[Image: 1zp2ws2.jpg]

To Mr. Fenton.

I believe I can speak well for my colleagues on your request.

For now I believe we can agree to your permissions of an Osprey. But on the request of a Conference and weaponry, I'm afraid we will have to decline you for now.

If you can prove to us with keeping out of trouble with an Osprey, we may change this into your favor.

That is all.

23's

Head of Baffin Security
Pope Brettonias the First
Signal found.
Deciphering...

It's a start.

Ship'll be flyin' under the name SG-Laughing.Kookaburra.

Honestly, the main reason I was asking for the guns was because by all accounts, the Osprey isn't compatible with heavy photon blasters like Barragers. But I'll just grab some Werfers next time I'm out in Rheinland.

Signal lost.
Signal found.
Deciphering...

It's the damnedest thing. Woke up, walked to the hangar, and my ship was gone. A Zoner had come by when no one was paying attention and replaced it with a newer ship. He even switched the guns over - I checked the serial codes, they're the exact same guns I had before.

No one knows how he pulled that off. The shit that happens in this sector, I swear...

Glad he did, though. The new one works great for courier work and security, which is most of what I do. The reinforced armor and shielding in particular helps out when I'm in Texas and Munich.

Drop us a line if there's ever anything you all need. We don't usually deal in bulk shipments, but if there's something special you need, we can get it.

Signal lost.