Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lazarus [Coalition RP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
John 11:11 " ...After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.” "

[Image: HWE.png]

His Watchful Eye was observing...The object that had caught his eye this time was displayed upon one of the many screens that dotted the large room. Folding his arms across one another, his gaze unwavering as a calculating frown crossed his features.

The image was that of one of Mykolaiv's drydocks, the wretched form contained within likely resembled a ship at one point, but right now it was merely a floating hulk of inert metal, as lifeless as the Siberian Ice Cloud, holes dotted the frame's form as small figures danced across it's hull, work crews assessing the full damages to the former ship and sending reports in real time back to the Ministry of Truth.

A masculine voice sounded overhead, it was calm and yet His Watchful Eye could hear the tell-tale signs of nervousness hidden beneath the calm.

"This is Commissar Tabakov. Initial scans show massive damage to the outer hull sir, additionally the sensor assembly will have to be completely replaced, the reactor is completely gone while the engines are completely disabled. The ship's super-structure is still viable however, however it would take massive work and resources to restore the ship to spec. Not to mention time sir."

His Watchful Eye gave a slight sigh as he shook his head.

"Commissar, we are the Coalition. So long as we put forth full efforts into what we do nothing is out of our reach forever..." he calmly retorted, however his tone was that of ice, unfeeling and uncaring. This make the man on the other end start to stammer as he tried to reason with the head of the Commissariat.

"Y-y-y-yes sir, but the Field Marshal will want to know why we are diverting so many resources and all this manpower to Mykolaiv, what should I tell him?"

The man merely smirked all so slightly as he looked towards a monitor to his right which had a view of the Field Marshal's office.

"Tell him that Lazarus is being woken up." he merely replied, turning his gaze back towards the Mykolaiv screen and using a remote control to force the camera to zoom in on a section of hull that was partially scorched, letters upon the hull could be seen but half of it was covered up by the burns and acouple holes.

CPR K------
[Image: xxvnuZn.png]

Field Marshal Joseph Garcia sat in his office typing away at his computer terminal. He paused for a moment and reflected on the events that had led up to his promotion to the position of Field Marshal. In truth, Garcia had always had a vision of what the Sirius Coalition and its Revolutionary Army should be and he felt that he was one step closer to realizing that dream.

It was while he was continuing his work on his terminal that he realized something was amiss.

There were reports of an unusual number of workers and material shipments being moved towards a drydock on Mykolaiv which, by all accounts should be empty. He had received no reports of an SCRA Capital Ship being damaged so the movement struck him as suspicious to say the least.

Within the hour he had boarded his Partisan had arrived at Mykolaiv to inspect the drydock for himself. When he reached the station however he was greeted by Commissar Tabakov. A man that Garcia had worked with on a regular basis, though he certainly wouldn't consider him a close friend given his association with the Ministry of Truth.

"Tabakov." Garcia said dryly. "I take it you're here for a reason?" he asked coldly.
Tabakov after getting off the channel with His Watchful Eye let out a deep sigh, he always felt nervous talking to Him...Knowing that it only took one badly phrased sentence to be punished...And He was very creative in said punishments...

Trying to get his mind off how close he could've come into being regulated to Clean-Up duty on the Havana after 'those' nights, Tabakov was handed a Datapad from a very large man, The man stood around six feet in height and weighed over 270 lb. Alot of it was muscle judging by how thick the man's arms and legs were...Not to mention the man decided to wear a rather thin white shirt today which showed his chest muscles quite clearly due to it being form-fitting. Shaking his head he started to read through the various field reports from the drydock, Tabakov himself wasn't at the drydock, they were in a smaller docking bay designed to handle cargo-transports and snub-fighters, the bay was busy with activity, Transports being unloaded of their precious cargo and being shipped to various sections of the station...A crane passed overhead slowly, causing a shadow to cover both the men as they kept working.

Later Tabakov spotted somebody he hoped not to see in person, Field Marshal Garcia...

He shook his head and muttered curses under his breath...The man was a fine officer but sometimes he felt that the man was like his predecessor too weak to do what must be done for the good of the Coalition as a whole... Despite his misgivings about the man he offered a nod of the head as the man greeted him and begin the 'interrogation'...Amateur...

"Field Marshal..." he drawled out, almost as if he was bored with the man's mere presence. "This docking bay is off-limits to non-authorized personnel...I was told to give you in particular a message however." he commented before turning towards him fully, tucking his data-pad under his arm as he stared the man down. "I was told and I am quoting Him here that 'Lazarus is being woken up.' "

With that he turned back to his Data-pad, seemingly ignoring the man's presence as he went through reports on the vessel's Reactor Core damage.

Field Marshal Joseph Garcia was known for being a patient man, however Commissar Tabakov tried his patience greatly. He was not surprised when Tabakov mentioned Him, especially with all the secrecy this little operation had though he was now curious what, exactly He was up to.

"Tabakov, I hope you're not implying that I'm not authorized to be here? On a base that is, for all intents and purposes mine?" he said as he stepped further into the docking bay as a subtle show of defiance. "Now, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on. He referenced Lazarus, an ancient biblical story about someone returning from the dead. To add to that, I have reports of materials and manpower being directed to what should be an empty dry-dock." he paused for a moment before continuing. "Now, in the interest of cooperation, it would be best if you briefed me on the matter." he looked Tabakov in the eyes, curious as to what the man would say next.
Tabakov seemed un-affected by the Field Marshal's comment and merely gave a raised eyebrow at Garcia, his lips up-curled in amusement. "Yours?" he asked amused, the sheer gall of that statement somehow both amused and insulted him. "I would require a flow chart to explain to you how...House-Like that statement was."

He was about to continue on his comments against the Field Marshal and what he perceived as 'unpatriotic behaviour' when he heard something over his ear-bud that made him stop cold.

'Commissar Tabakov. I shall speak to him."

With a shaky hand he removed the bud in his ear and offered it to Garcia with a twitch in his eye and gave a strained smile as he gritted out "It's for you...Field Marshal."

It was then that Joseph Garcia regretted his choice of words when describing the station. People had been executed for far less and his position as Field Marshal could easily end if He perceived Garcia as unpatriotic.

Joseph Garcia was a brave soldier, forged in the fires of war and hardship and yet the prospect of talking with Him directly was one of the very few things that brought a chill to him. He had to choose his words very... carefully.

He took the ear bud carefully and inserted it into his ear waiting in silence for Him to speak.
With the ear bud handed over Tabakov stood stiffly at attention, worried that He could be watching even now, waiting for an excuse to 'remove' him...One does not slight His Watchful Eye, it simply does not happen in the Coalition...Since Garcia had his only means of communicating with him the man was now regulated to simply waiting like some bystander...And the lack of information is killing him inside.

What Garcia heard was a modulated voice, it was low and almost threatening in it's volume and tone.

"Garcia, I see that you have arrived...Took you two minutes longer than calculated...Had to comb through reports before getting to the 'suspicious activity' I would think...Or do I merely think it?" the voice asked, however this was rhetorical because He simply pressed on without giving the man a chance to respond.

"The fact that your tardy is irrelevant however in the greater scheme of life however, you have come because you noticed only what I wanted you to notice. You are likely wondering 'Why is so many shipments being diverted to a single lone drydock?' alongside your other question 'Who are all these people being transferred?'." he commented, unchanging in tone or volume as the voice spoke.

"I shall indulge you...Just...Once...Proceed to observation Deck 3-A. I hope you know your history 'Field Marshal'. Now return the device to the poor Commissar and tell him to stop fidgeting before he wears a small hole in the deck-plate." he ordered before it went silent once again.

Field Marshal Joseph Garcia stood in silence while he listened to Him. It was not generally a good idea to interrupt Him while He was talking.

When he finished, Garcia couldn't help but indulge himself in one small pleasure as he handed the ear bud back to Tabakov.

"Take me to Observation Deck 3-A... Oh, and He says to stop fidgeting. It makes you look like a fool." he said coldly, though enjoying every word of it.
When he got the bud back into his ear from Garcia he forced himself not to make any violent moves towards the man for his taunt...He would likely see it as insubordination and terminate him...So he forced a very fake smile on his face and managed to grit out a "Of course Field Marshal" in a pseudo-pleasant tone as he turned stiffly and headed towards the bay's steel door that led into Mykolaiv's corridors.

The station was flourishing with activity, especially the section they were in due to the Ministry of Truth's 'infusion' of activity to the drydock...With that fake smile still plastered on his face he led the Field Marshal through throngs of Coalition personnel. Scientists heading towards XiaoBei's laboratories, Engineers helping to haul parts to their delivery points so they could be installed immediately onsite, security patrols ensuring that the safety of the inhabitants is well in hand.

When they finally reached a large section of windows overseeing the Drydocks Tabakov halted infront of one window in particular overlooking a single drydock and pointed downwards from their position.

"Behold Lazarus...I am sure you recognize her from old reports?" he gritted out, still humiliated over the Cargo Bay slight...

[Image: 2eultug.jpg]

Garcia followed Tabakov through the halls of Mykolaiv, passing by several pockets of activities as well as people going on about their business. Throughout the entire walk Garcia took great pleasure in seeing the Commissar upset. While Tabakov was always good at hiding his emotions, Garcia had no doubt that he had hit a nerve.

Finally they received an observation window where Tabakov pointed down toward a shape below. Garcia moved closer to get a better look and he was surprised at what he saw.

"That's what you've been working on? I thought that ship had been completely annihilated!" he said with genuine surprise."But why? Why use up all of these resources to rebuild that relic of the past?"
Pages: 1 2