Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freeport 11 annoucment || Omicron wide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/mUvDcQp.jpg?2[/img]
Incomming transmission...

Source:------ Omicron Delta, Freeport 11
Comm ID:----- Administrator John Douglas
Encryption:-- Public
Topic:------- Declaration

Connecting to relays...
Range:------- Omicron-wide
Priority:---- HIGH NON-URGENT

Handshake protocol completed...

Opening message...

To everyone in the Omicron systems.

Officially I have been assigned to Freeport 11 as new administrator. In my hope it is that we will continue to not only survive but thrive in dangerous Edge Worlds. With new leadership, I am also issuing new regulations concerning "No Firing Zone" around Freeport 11, effective from 18th October.
Quote:Freeport 11 NFZ official rules
  1. In effect within 10k from station.
  2. Each case is reviewed on individual basis.
  3. Self-defense is entitled to everyone.
  4. No offensive actions and acts of piracy are permitted within 10k perimeter except against Nomads, banned parties, undesired individuals and capital ships* that refuse to leave or moor with Freeport 11.
  5. Enforcment of NFZ can be subject for outsourcing to outside parties. Should conflict arise with member of contracted party, rival group may be contracted at Administrator's convenience. Currently no group has been enlisted.
  6. In case of fight that started outside of NFZ but has since moved inside, responsibility is put with group/individual chased into NFZ. If circumstances are impossible to establish, decision for later course of action lays with Administrator or Security Chief.
  7. Contraband: following materials are undesired to be brought onboard until permission is granted by Administrator or Security Chief.
    Slaves, Nomad materials in quantity bigger than 10, active artifacts, alive non-human life forms
  8. Everyone coming aboard is subject to be disarmed from weapons of all kind**. Personnal protection such as armors are permitted. Security and contracted parties are ARMED with top class lethal armanent.
10 rules of how to behave once onboard
  1. Follow security's orders on all times.
  2. Do not insult others.
  3. Do not threaten others.
  4. Do not start fights.
  5. Do not steal.
  6. Do not litter.
  7. Do not disturb Freeport's calm and security needlessly.
  8. Do not put printed propaganda/announcment on the walls until permitted.
  9. Do not interrupt duties of the crew or security.
  10. Individuals under influence of various substances may be detained.
*For purpose of this regulation, capital ships are counted as non-Zoner warships of cruiser size or above. Zoner warships may be chased and engaged within NFZ only in special circumstances like: technology theft and/or confirmed acts of aggression.
**Ceremonial weapons or items of collectional value/gifts such as knives and other hand to hand weapons may be brought on station with special permission. Any sort of firearms must be unloaded and thus: incapable to fire.

~Administrator Douglas
[Image: 5rp9qj2.png]

*Achille's grinning face materialises upon the view screen*

"Putain de la gah? Well, challenge accepted my Anglo-Saxon comra..."

*realises the camera is actually on*

"...Ahem! Pardon my estimable co-Zoner, I was merely, hrm, addressing an 'associate' slightly beyond the edge of view, if you just so..."

*Clears throat again in a drastic struggle to appear dignified*

"...Right, yes, anyways, permit me to introduce my person - I am Achille Augustin Nadeau; you may have heard of me, arh, hopefully anyway. However, before I begin permit me to draw focus to a trivial, ah, how do I express this in a manner least likely to appear provocatory, hm, discrepancy in the neo-temporal 'regulations of admission' as it were..."

Discrepancy numéro un Wrote:Do not put printed propaganda/announcment on the walls until permitted.

"Sir, erm, this may seem a trifle embarrassing, but what if a certain person of particular wealth and stature chose to convey their wealth and status through a degree of... eh, 'service outsourcing', shall we call it, through the Omicron worlds? Most notably of a certain... biotype of 'refugees' to do with a particular form of import-export business, in the general nature of oh ah; hm, 'bachelor maintenance' in a number of Freeports firmly away from house dominion and the grubbing eyes of rightwing, barely-liberated prudes? I'm sure you understand the pressing urgency of my bank ballan... conscience, that such a service is preserved, for the universal benefit of malekind. whilst this might cause a minuscule violation of..."

discrepancy numéro deux Wrote:Slaves

"...But, as nature proves, I'm certain everyone is possessive of a particular bung... er, financial re-enumeration for any clandestine services offered in that department. Or perhaps a selection of the more voluptuous members of the cargo, eh?"

*Realises that's slightly beside the point*

"...Anyway Sir, as a fellow Zoner and co-observer of the nigh-on-impossible to enforce constraints of the Confederation of Freeports down here at '10, us at the Commonwealth have taken it upon ourselves to organise a surprise pis<expletive>s-up in your honour, celebrating your nomination as overseer of our prodigal younger brother; way-out-in-the-middle-of-Hades '11. The Rhinebeer has been stowed, the coolers lined with ice-cores, the wine fresh out of Champagne with a slight detour to Burgundy. But whilst we have the drinks monsuier, we (as the Libertonians put it) desire "A place to crash"."

"...In simple terms Sir, the fraternity requests to be able to deftly 'pop over' to '11, for the purpose of bestowing upon you the best Boozefest this side of Berlin. Now all you need to do is to actively decide not to be the most colossal party-pooper since the Gallic Coronation, and say oui."

"...Oh, and please be a benign host and overrule rules 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 of the Code of Conduct for the duration of our visit, eh? The alternative may result in innumerable failures to comply with Coderule 1, and eh, Autoine's somewhat adverse to having members of his staff vented clean from airlocks. I'm sure you understand. I also firmly abdicate any responsibility for any whores, cardimine and/or firearms stashed in beer kegs, so let's just get that particular out of the way immediately."

*Nearly turns the screen off, but not quite*

"One passing detail; congratulations on your admirable No Capital Shi<expletive>ts policy you've deftly implemented - we have much the same arrangement. I'll make a note to bring a fresh crate of nova torpedoes, fit-for-purpose."

"Au revouir mon ami, may your reign be long and experience no unexpected interruptions".

*Slams the camera aside*

[Image: MF7w7K1.png]
*Yawns, and stabs the 'boost' key*
[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/mUvDcQp.jpg?2[/img]
Incomming transmission...

Source:------ Omicron Delta, Freeport 11
Comm ID:----- Administrator John Douglas
Encryption:-- Normal
Topic:------- Party

Connecting to relays...
Range:------- Freeport 10, Tau 37
Priority:---- HIGH NON-URGENT

Handshake protocol completed...

Opening message...

Mr Nadeau.

If you will be capable of moving all those humans and humbly explain WHY are you doing this to:
  1. Proud Corsairs with strong views on general freedom and quite specific society of theirs. Include great distaste for Outcasts and their specific slaver ways...
  2. Overly aggresive neighbours, Guild Core with rather specific priorities that might involve cracking down on something with little to no reason for personal gain. I do not think they enjoyed what happened on Toledo.
  3. Bunch of pro-human spies and agents with agenda to save the world from its current problems through superior firepower. Like Core, Toledo event made them even more vary and thorough.
  4. Rest of Zoner society.
All of them are my neighbours (excluding Nomads here, I do not think they can be reasoned with) and pretty much would very likely gut your ships for pressumed slavery before your Rheinbeer reaches its destination. I cannot also guarantee my guards wont intervene into said party of yours... my personnal suggestion is to hire more secluded part of the station and do what you do best within limits of course.

Expect to be charged with costs relevant to bringing installation back to normal after your escapade. Medical treatment will be actually rendered free to you, as long it will be in our capacity to treat your wounds. I hope you will enjoy your stay here and not turn mad like my unpleasant neighbours from Omicron 74. This region of space tends to do it to people... prime example was one of the previous administrators of Freeport 11.

~Administrator Douglas
[Image: 5rp9qj2.png]

John Douglas Wrote:...Proud Corsairs with strong views on general freedom and quite specific society of theirs. Include great distaste for Outcasts and their specific slaver ways...

"Outcasts Sir, heavens above..."

*Adopts an archetypal 'shocked' expression, hand firmly pressed against mouth*.

"...Are you accusing I (or the Commonwealth for that matter) of 'fraternising' with those nihilistic Maltese despots, or in any way condoning their impractical practices and deluded pursuits? Monsieur, you wrong me deeply. And as for freedom loving... well Sir, I am a cosmopolitan; I pride my own personal freedoms beyond lesser men pride religious fervour - including my amiable right to restrict the freedom of others. Addressing the Cretins, er, Cretians themselves, well, they sound quite the amiable collective - I'll be sure to purchase a stash of amusing K'voshian tinker toys to while away the arduous of the return flight (on autopilot, I'll be far to wasted to actually grasp the controls by hand I'm sure)."

John Douglas Wrote:Overly aggresive neighbours, Guild Core with rather specific priorities that might involve cracking down on something with little to no reason for personal gain. I do not think they enjoyed what happened on Toledo.

"...Toledo, hah! Merde, man, have you seen some of the guncamera footage circulating around the neural-net pertinent to that debarkle? All those refugee ships burning to cinders, oh how very droll..."

*Wipes a tear from his remaining eyeball*.

"Anyway, skirting around the whole Hispanic question temporarily, what of this Core of which you speak so darkly? If they bear any resemblance to their Border Worlds compadres I may even hire them for the security detail."

John Douglas Wrote:Bunch of pro-human spies and agents with agenda to save the world from its current problems through superior firepower. Like Core, Toledo event made them even more vary and thorough.

*Makes a face more sour than a decent cider*.

"Urgh, 'Boy scouts', the sector is seemingly teeming with the rotters... a moment ami."

*Shouts off screen...*

"Say, Sean, did I ever get round to suing whoever runs that particular keg of monkeys for the violent assault a certain Order Agent Daerune Custos levelled against my person only a few months previously? No? The b<expletive>stard..."

*Returns into focus*.

John Douglas Wrote:All of them are my neighbours (excluding Nomads here, I do not think they can be reasoned with)...

"Yes, my observations of that particularly benign (and indeed, visually artful) species reach much the same conclusion - they are either suffer woefully short attention spans, are simply rude, or otherwise just dumb stupid motherfu<expletive>kers incapable of responding to a simplistic transmission hail. However, as to the Nomads being dangerous, well, do not worry Sir, they do not appear..."

*Glances off camera again before returning*

"...To bother us. Indeed, considering the number of Marduk Guardians seen regularly probing Freeport '10 - if you do not believe me, I will transmit the appropriate guncamera footage as requested - so frequently that they have become something of a major source of income as a tourist attraction. Who knows, perhaps a few may follow our exodus, hmm?"

John "the slightly paranoid" Douglas Wrote:...Rest of Zoner society.

*Adopts an air of intense gravity and concern*.

"Ah Sir, there you are correct in every sense of the word. Other Zoners, well, they are the greatest peril to us all. Feel free to open fire with extreme prejudice on any none-CW Zoner craft you see approaching your sanctum with those remarkable point defence cannons of yours; when dealing with people such as that, it's best not to take unnecessary risks."

Dougie Wrote:my personnal suggestion is to hire more secluded part of the station and do what you do best within limits of course.

"If by 'secluded' you mean 'The Biodome', then oui Sir, we will. To which neuralnet account should I wire the required funds eh?"

Doug Wrote:Medical treatment will be actually rendered free to you, as long it will be in our capacity to treat your wounds.

"Well, now that you mention it, I do have a particularly nasty bunion on my inner left thigh that is causing me some significant discomfort... perhaps I could arrange a lasering?"

The Host Wrote:I hope you will enjoy your stay here and not turn mad like my unpleasant neighbours from Omicron 74. This region of space tends to do it to people... prime example was one of the previous administrators of Freeport 11.

"Do not worry Sir, I'm far too Gallic to suffer from Harris syndrome. Besides, I've barely ever seen a nephillim yet alone know how to command one - be at ease".

"Au revoir Sir and I expect to meet you personally in the near future. Again, congratulations on your new station in your new installation. If you have any queries, ask them now before a flotilla of ZXBT's and Shukenza liners materialise as if by magic upon your cosmic doorstep - jump technology does render the years of travel it would otherwise require rather redundant now, doesn't it?"

[Image: MF7w7K1.png]