Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Storm of the Empire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Kusarinomad1.png]

The Hitori

The Hitori was found long before the divide, before the cut. Simple desk worker who slaved without connections to family, who stayed on Kyushu away from their disgrace of a child. Stressed and growing sick, the Hitori was easy to use.

His name was Kanashimi Noka, now the name for myself.

I am Kanashimi and I am sick. I feel a need to visit the doctor. My Hitori needs to pass before people notice and open paths need to be made.

Where am I now. Where have I awoken?
Hitori - The First Change

A sickly man walked into the medical bay. Thin and covered in cloth wraps, he held onto his neck as if it gave pain.

Doctor Hirose shook his head. The Emperor refused to leave the commoners that worked on Stokes and LD-14 before the push into Leeds. The civilians were checked and cleared to stay on the Naval ships as every true Kusarian soul was needed.

The Doctor didn't agree. Right as he was about to mention to a nurse to turn the man away, another patent yelled and pointed to the man who just walked in. Blood was leaking through the fingers wrapped around his neck, a pool of blood slowly forming around his bandaged feet.

The medical staff instantly took the man in. His neck was slashed from some sort of blade. They could not ask the man what happened after they stabilized him as he was out cold.

A few days passed and the man stayed in a coma during the entirety of his stay. Slowly, the man's medical cot was forgotten and moved to a low priority area, which were rooms that were converted from storage cells to host the ill. The room the coma'd patent was in only had room for five others, most dying or near death. The nurses checked from time to time by walking through the rooms and onto the next, and the doctors only visited once a day.

On the seventh night of the slit throat victim's stay, Doctor Hirose was doing the rounds alone. Tiredness bagged his eyes and a rushing nature followed him. He didn't have anyone with him as he said they slowed him down. He wanted to get to the cafe to have a drink with the other doctors before they left, and the rounds was keeping him.

He entered the room and scanned the cots. Six lined the walls, the occupants silent as if dead or moaning in low, deep pitches. The Doctor noticed something odd after looking around the room a second time. One of the beds was empty, the sheets thrown onto the floor. Hirose stepped to the bedside and picked up the clipboard attached to the end of the bed that displayed the status of the patent. Perhaps whoever it was died and was moved.

After a quick scan, he noticed it was the man who came in with the gash on this throat. There was no mention of release or death. Hirose turned and was about to yell for someone when he met the patent face to face.

Kanashimi Noka stood before him, the bandages around his neck removed allowing blood to ooze out. The Doctor was about to scream when Kanashimi's eyes locked with his. Something about the eyes caught Hirose off guard. It felt as if he just witnessed a murder and it was the few seconds where one would just stand, not able to process what he or she would do next.

Blood began to pour out of the gash in Kanashimi's neck as something made it budge outwards. His mouth opened and what seemed to be the largest blood clot lunged past the bloody lips and onto Hirose. He screamed.

---------------------------

The nurses ran into the room only to be blown away by the scene. Five men laid in their cots, their necks slashed. Two men laid on top of each other, one with his neck wide open and a medical blade in his hand. He was on top of Doctor Hirose, who was covered in blood and passed out from shock.

The room was cleared and emptied. Once the Doctor came back into conscious he explained he found the man, Kanashimi Noka, killing the others. He was about to do the same to Hirose but the blood loss from Kanashimi's neck wound finally caught up and he collapsed onto the Doctor, who then passed out.

The story sounded true and after a small investigation nothing else seemed plausible. Doctor Hirose was given two weeks off to recoup from the ordeal. No one could explain why the man killed everyone else in the room, but it was written down that it was caused by a mental illness of some kind.
[Image: Kusarinomad2.png]

The Futari

My Futari was an interesting man. He worked as a doctor but had little to no previous experience or even a doctorate. He was recruited for his actions during the Gallic invasion, apparently saving hundreds of people. I could read the truth though. All he did was ration the amount of water while they were waiting for extraction.

I read his mind like a book. After learning his habits and normal actions, I read his memories. He was dull so becoming my Futari, Doctor Hirose, was simple enough.

I learned my location as well, at least partly. No one seemed to mention it, as if it was a dark secret. I was aboard a ship of Kusarian design. The writing in the clinic told me that much, not to mention the people.

I have to regain power to dig deeper. This will take a while, I feel.

Where is the Share? Why do I feel abandoned?
------------------------------

I must create a micro Share here. I will not last on my own. I need to be able to expand.

The location I am at was finally shared. The ship wasn't as I expected, and the recent events are more interesting.

The Kusarians I'm with are loyal to the Emperor. I took it that the fleet I was with was just simply cut off, but it seems the House Kusari has changed in the Imperial absence.

The crew is completely loyal as well. It's to be expected from those who maintain the Satsuma.