Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Newsflash from the New Tokyo informer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recent leaks from the Minister of Defence suggest a new agreement is currently being ironed out with Rheinland Military.
According to our intel, the two houses' armed forces have collaborated on the possible creation of an exchange program between them.
The Ministry of Defence would be currently studying the subject. Yet, our sources affirmed the Prime Minister would be already favourable to this agreement.

While our competent reporters weren't able to get an official statement from the minister, they succeeded to interview Mochizuki-dono, Kaishō-ho in the Republic's Naval Forces :

"You will understand i cannot confirm or deny your assumptions, nor can i disclose any information i may have regarding this case. That said, in the event such rumours were indeed true, i would be inclined to think it could be a good opportunity to learn and to become more efficient.

Rheinland Military has showed a remarkable ability to hold against a more numerous force. Such a knowledge could be beneficial for the Republic, in the event it had to defend itself against our neighbors while our Navy is still in a rebuilding state.
On the other hand, Rheinland Military could be learning from us how to operate regularly in dense nebular environments, were scanners have a minor role.
"

Today, quite an odd event occurred in New Tokyo high orbit. A Naval Forces strike force ordered a Battle-cruiser belonging to the core quadrant fleet to stand still and to get ready to be boarded.

Yet, the Battle-cruiser, named Yamashiro, didn't comply, and began to move towards Honshu system, the strike force on its tail.

Witnesses state the battle-cruiser began firing at the strike force, while calling them 'traitors'.

This strange incident might be linked with the defection of a division of the West quadrant's fleet, labelled as 'rebels' by the Admiralty, and seemingly lead by the Kaisho-ho Sakamoto Ryoma.

According to some sources in the Admirals circle, that division attempted to destroy a strike force in New Tokyo, which was at that time lead by Kaisho Nagata.

A few weeks ago, that division surrendered and was greeted by the Kyushu fleet. It is said its personnel had been put under arrest.

Oddly, it appears the famous Admiral Takahashi, first woman to become Admiral in the Naval Forces, and former head of the Navy, could be seen in the ministry headquarters and at the house of parliament, despite the fact her funerals occurred almost two months ago.

Rumour has it that an extraordinary court-martial is taking place at the Admiralty headquarters on New Tokyo.