Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Chasing the rogue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A local bar on Freeport 6

Without anything left to do but wait for a reply Timothy decided to visit a bar to hear local rumours. The bar itself was quite populated, a few people were attracted with a stranger wearing a mask and hood, however only for a short while. Without paying attention Timothy simply went to the darkest and least noticable corner of the bar and sat there, not ordering anything. Putting the long katana near him he seemed to be lost in his thoughts, from time to time checking PDA he pulled out of the pocket earlier.

Few minutes latter Renee entered the same bar. She was wearing civilian cloths, but she was armed, she heads towards a table next to the strange man's one, she sits down, orders a mojito, then takes her PDA our and starts typing on it while drinking her Mojito... Timothy made an attempt to look over, however it wasn't possible so he returned to his own problems. The repply from dragons was not comming and that made him more and more nervous. Renee noticed something suspicious from her behind, so she turned around and spotted the man, she looks at him for a second then says "Hey, can i help you with something?"

Timothy only shoke his head.

Renee thought that she saw that person somewhere, however she couldn't remember where. "Alright...." she turns her head and starts thinking of this man, trying to remember who is he. In a while she seem to remember something and rapidly takes her PDA in hand, checking old files. "Here we go, bingo.." The file of a rogue captain Timothy Hawk shows up on the screen, and Renee recognises the stranger. There still were a doubts so Renee decided to check the personality of the stranger by voice. She looks at a waiter coming through the corridor and when he was near she trackles him, what causes the drinks to slip and fall. Turning on the voice recognision she waits what happens.

In the last moment Timothy noticed a fall and attempted to dodge, however some drips reached his coat. He quickly stood up, silently checking how much wet it got. Renee guiltly looks at him "I. I'm really sorry sir, didn't mean this to happen."

With a dry voice he replies "Nevermind." Then calmly takes his sword, attaching it to his back and heading towards exit from the bar.

Renee was shocked, but she hid her reaction. She watched the man leaving, but suddenly her PDA tones. The voice recognision confirmed the idenity.

"Hey, wait..."

Ignoring her and keeping walking toward the exist, calmly as before, Timothy leaves the bar, and pauses once he outside. Renee walks towards him, stoping in a few steps away from him and asks while putting her hand on her gun "Who are you?"

Timothy slightly turned his head to her, then completely faced her, not saying a word. She keeps her hand on her gun, and says "I'm sorry if i disturbed you, but You're a bit weird, and I'm curious..."

"This is not the way to show your curiocity." a man replied, looking dirrectly at her hand.

She puts her hand away from her gun "I keep this with me, for defense..."

"I did not threaten you."

"Your katana..."

"I did not pointed it on you either."

She sighs "I... I got a fobia... I get scared a lot... I... I'm sorry."

Timothy grunts in a reply and turns around "My idenity is none of your concern."

"Alright fine..." Renee seem to loose patience and makes a few steps back "What do you know about the Colosssus?"

Timothy gives her a short chuckle "How did you found me?"

She makes a short smile attatched to a sigh "I wasn't really searching for you Hawk..."

"My luck then, I suppose..." He said, turning back to her, but this time staying on guard. Activating a face identificator on his mask he continues "What do you want?"

"I'd adivse you to stay calm, and not try to run." Renee said, pointing on some of her agents around the bar.

"Expected." Timothy calmly gazed at her "What next?"

"I only wish to talk. I trust you're no harm to me?" she smiles.

Ignoring her words Timothy said "Back to my question, what do you want?"

"Please, sit down...." she points at a table in the bar with a smile.

After a short pause he headed to the table, remooving the sword from his back before sitting, however still holding it in hands. She sits down, and looks at his sword "Anything to drink, Hawk?"

He just glares at her through mask, without saying a word.

"I'll take that as a no... Well, I'm here for answers... You know that you're a wanted man, so you'd better cooperate with us."

"Depends on your intentions."

"Alright, I'll start....Tell me about how it all happened?"

"Didn't LSF recorded every piece of that case?"

"Not everything. There are missing files it seems."

"Then be more specific."

"Tell me about the mission."

"What mission?"

"Does LNS Sacramento rings a bell?" she smiles.

Timothy lowered head, surpassing the rising rage inside him "Needless to tell you that I have nothing to loose any more. So watch your tongue."

She sits back "I don't see anything wrong, to be honest."

"That's because you have no idea what you're talking about..." He carefully watches her moves "Why do you want to know about this mission?"

"Because, i want to continue the investigation."

"There is nothing to continue. Unless you mean me."

"Your point?"

"This whole case is about me now. If that's what you mean, then I suppose there is nothing we can talk about."

"Alright, tell me everything you know about Sacramento..."

"Liberty carrier..." he paused for a second "Under command of captain Christine Veers. Was infected by nomads and somehow disappeared in Omicron systems where I found it and personaly saw it being self destroyed."

"What about the Artifact?"

"I got rid of it."

She suddenly becomes angry, and hits the table with her hand, "I don't give a DAMN TO THAT!", she looks around, and sits back with a sigh "Where can i find it?"

Timothy simply ignored her. Unable to get anything from him Renee decided to try and go other way. "Alright fine...." she attempts to take his sword, attaching a sound device to it "Where did you get this?"

"A gift from someone in my past.." Timothy replied dryly, forcing the sword back and making a move to stand up.

"Sit down, please..."

"I can't help the feeling that you are just wasting time. No idea what for, but I don't want to wait for it. Our conversation is over.." he ended and headed to the exit, this time more quickly.

The agents approach him, preparing to force him back, however Timothy without any ceremony punched one of them, causing him to fall. Not letting enemy a time to think he picks one of his guns in one hand, pointing it on Renee, and a hand grenade in other, holding his finger on detonator.

Renee nervously, she stood up and quickly picks her gun "You'll earn nothing from it. I assure you. P-Put the gun down..."

"You were not listening me carefully, miss Callen." he replied, without lowering his guard "I have nothing to loose. But if I am going down, I will take someone who stands on my way with me."

Without waiting any longer Renee pulled the trigger, while jumping aside. Timothy saw her aiming and without problem dodged the shot, throwing the grenade to her table. Kicking another agent with his leg and making a shoot on another he quickly switched a hand and picked another gun, shooting both standing agents. Grenade explodes. A small fragment of it went through Renee's side, but she didn't feal much pain at the first time, so she quickly jumps up and keeps firing at Timothy. The shooting and explosion caused much chaos. People started to run towards the exit. Using it Timothy made last few shots to distract agents and disappeared in the crowd. Renee struggels to follow him but her wound reminded about itself. She fell unconscious in the hallway until some agents pick her...