Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Personal Log of Lieutenant Commander Michael Morse, Liberty Navy Primary Fleet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've decided to start keeping a log of some of sort. I'll be recording my thoughts and observations of some of the more interesting occurrences I have from day to day below. Might as well start off with something more recent, so I'll be writing about an interesting conversation I overheard on Ames the other day.

I walked into the bar of Ames Research Station, looking around the dark room, not noticing any immediate threats. I walked up to the bar and sat down on one of the bar stools. Seeing the bartender walk up to me, I signaled for a beer, and payed upon receiving my drink. I take a large sip of my beer and relax.

About five minutes later, two men walked in wearing Liberty Rogue uniforms, probably stationed on Padua, they seemed to be having a heated discussion about something. Three Xeno pilots off in a corner quickly ended their conversation, watching the two Rogues sit down a couple of seats away from me.

"Listen, I don't care how hot she is, if she's a Navy spy then we should just kill her and be done with it." The first man said, loud enough for me to overhear him.

"Yeah, but if she heals like Jackson says she does, then how do you kill something like that... plus, she makes some of the best drinks I've ever tasted." The second man replied.

"Man, screw the drinks, I don't wanna have to deal with the results of our info falling into Navy hands." The first man said as the bartender walked up to them.

"Maltese Rum for me and three shots of Tequila for my friend." The second man said to the bartender.

"Boys, this is a Freeport, we don't have what you can get on your bases... That means we don't have any Rum, hows bout a tall one?" The bartender replied nonchalantly.

"Ah hell, make it two... we're screwed out of our own bartender anyway..." He drops a few credits on the counter as the bartender nods then turns and pours their drinks.

Having heard the two Rogues talking, I turned slightly to keep a watch on them, but didn't say anything. I took another sip of my drink. Navy spy, eh? This could be important.

"Listen Frank, Just how long have we known her, hmm? Remember, one day she just randomly shows up on Traz and a week later she was tending the bar... I don't know about you but I thought it was a bit weird that one of the hottest women I've ever seen just happened to be a Rogue..." Muttered the first man to the second, who was obviously Frank.

"I'll give you that one, she is one helluva looker Jack... but still it was strange. Hey, now that I think about it, she never really liked talking about her past either... always managed to change the conversation and such..." Frank replies as the bartender sets their drinks in front of them.

Jack nodded, "Man.. If she turns out to be one though... Lord Moka will have plenty to ask her before he kills her."

The man named Frank nearly spat his drink into his glass as he was taking a sip, "Psshh... You idiot, don't go sayin that name out in public... jeez..."

This is getting more and more interesting. I lean in a bit closer, trying to not make myself obvious. I took another large sip of my beer and sat it back down on the counter.

Jack shrugged, "Sorry... But yeah, how would you kill something like her? I mean, you can't shoot her, the bullet just pops out of her skin and the wound heals like it never happened, and hell, even Jason dug his knife into her back and it was healed within twenty seconds of him removing it."

Frank nods, "I don't know man... but that's one hell of a piece of Navy tech... I mean... she even openly admitted to being one of their androids, in front of at least six people. If she is a spy, then she's not that good at keeping her cover, though she did get massively upset when Jason called her out on it, like the thought of being one was the worst thing in the universe."

A Navy spy that doesn't want to be a Navy spy, and she's an android of some sort? I finished my drink and asked for another, quickly paying the bartender.

Jack leaned on the counter signaling for another two shots of tequila, "Man, this is really messed up, I mean, I've never even heard of a completely organic android, didn't she say she would tell Lord, eh, um, tell the big guy everything he wanted to know?"

Frank nods while downing the rest of his first beer. "Yeah, Siren did say she would... Man I hope this is all some kinda joke or misunderstanding, she can really make some good drinks, hell you ever had a cup of her coffee?"

Jack smiles, "Yeah, was like heaven in a cup, plus, she ain't to bad to look at either, specialy given what she wears." Frank smiles and nods, "I'll second that, ain't to often you see a bartender walking round nearly topless these days." The two men start laughing while they finish their drinks.

Frank finished his third shot of tequila and turns on his bar stool, looking out at the handful of patrons, that's when they noticed me sitting near them. "Hey, you there, you been listening to our conversation?" Jack turned to look at me in reaction to Frank's call out.

I jerked my head slightly, as if suddenly taken unaware. "No, I was not listening, I'm just here to drink. You have a problem with that?"

The two eyed me for a moment, then gave me a look and stood to leave. "Freelancers and their drinks." One said to the other as they leave the bar, loud enough for me to hear.

"Some people are so gullible." I muttered under my breath, finishing my drink and paying off my tab, leaving the bar not long after.

Anyway, that's enough for now, maybe I'll add something more to this soon.