Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: to: Dublin [M]olly Governor -||- topic: Message from the IMG -||- Secret
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: jack.png]

**** SENDER: Jack Henderson, IMG Operations Coordination ****

**** TO: Dublin Governor, Arranmore Base, Dublin ****

Honourable Governor,

I have been handed a few assorted bottles of whiskey by the convoy leader Julia Morrow and it was not necessary to read the complete report to figure out that the convoy had made contact with Mollys. Excellent drink, that reminded me fondly back to the time when I was Administrator of the Hood.

Let me say that I am happy that - even after quite some time - our relations are still good. I firmly believe that this is in our common interest.

Furthermore, I would like to start checking new ways of interaction. The markets have changed quite a lot, and I am not only talking about ore. As you know, the Guild has many sources to get goods that the Molly might need. If you find such a need, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Also Gold ore has become more interesting with a shift of demand. I suspect that the Guild will increase their presence in Cambridge (the fields north of Cardiff) and likely also in Dublin. Do the Molly miners already have data on the field quality? If not, I'll get some of the boys to find out where to mine and which kind of equipment is best suited. Technology has moved on a little, since we last exchanged knowledge and tech, so we can both profit.

Anyway, look at this message as a way to catch up and look how to organise this return into Molly space.

Good luck. Stay safe.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations Coordination

[Image: end.png]
[Image: qfa6uPb.gif]

*She smiles and nods*

Evenin' Mr. Henderson,

A pleasure t' speak t' you. An' glad our shipment of Whiskey was delivered an' enjoyed. Should ya want, I'll be happy t' have some Whiskey shipped t' your stations on a fairly regular basis, as a gesture of goodwill.

Now, on t' business. Regardin' your offer of deliverin' goods, I would like t' know what goods you meant, or rather, what goods you can acquire an' bring t' Arranmore. While there are some items I would be most grateful for, I am also well aware of your carefully laid out diplomatic ties, an' ta shipping of such may not be conducive t' your agreements or arrangements. With that in mind, as I said, please inform me of what goods you believe will run ta least amount of risk for ta Guild.

As for our Gold fields, we have some data but unfortunately ta increased presence of Gallic military forces have subsequently increased Bretonian forces within Dublin space, in order t' escape Leeds. While i'll not bore you with what we do with those we catch in Dublin, I will tell you that as such, ta data we have is not as much as our mining corporation would like. We do though have quite a fleet of MEMV-971-AH "Arrastra" and DU5-7Y "Hegemon" class mining vessels still in use. Unless ta Guild has advanced technology greatly within ta last couple of years, I believe ta fleet of mining vessels we have still warrant use. Perhaps some modifications are in order though. As it stands, any data or offerings you may have regardin' our mining vessels or operations would be appreciated.

As such, I hope our continued agreement continues, an I will ensure my pilots treat yours with respect. Likewise on your end as well. You are mining our Gold after all. I also hope ta generosity I encountered before will be extended should any of our haulers be in ta area an' express interest in having their hold filled with Gold ore. In return, Whiskey shall flow greatly, an' we will see your ships are protected within Dublin as much as we can lad.

I look forward t' hearin' back from you.

*She smiles and turns around*

Sadhbh McCool
Governor
[M]olly Council

Honourable Governor,

Thank you for your swift and friendly reply. It's nice to see that old alliances stand firmly even in a time of chaos and war.

I have been going over some data that your automated docking system offered to my agent at Arranmore base and found the following commodities that are in demand and which the Guild could supply Arranmore base with.
  • Drill Bits (Caernafon Station/Poole/Gateway/199 cr.; Freiburg/Stuttgart/Rep. Shipping/199 cr.)
  • Nanocapacitators (Planet Hamburg/RFP/259 cr.)
  • Mining Machinery (Hood/Dublin/IMG/640 cr.)
  • Consumer Goods (Bonn Station/RFP/120 cr.)
  • Food
  • Water
  • Oxygen

Drill Bits to replace the spent ones and Mining Machinery to replace outdated systems or damaged parts in your mining fleet. Nano Capacitators might be useful as well and we have good access to it. The rest of the commodities are quite self-explanatory.

I also have a question concerning Belfast Facility: Rumor has that you buy refined ore in larger quantities. The IMG offers these at their facilities, e.g. in Omega 7 Freistadt. If you are interested, we might also get some interesting cooperation.

Whiskey is - for some reasons - not sold on IMG bases yet. I am requesting this to be changed asap and I hope that very soon, the IMG can resell Molly Whiskey to lawful markets in Taus, Rheinland and Bretonia, if you wish so. You would of course get your share of the earnings, as always. Molly transports could supply us with it, when that change in IMG miners' diet has been decided on.

How does that sound so far, Governor?

Jack Henderson

[Image: qfa6uPb.gif]

*She smiles at the camera*

'Ello' Mr. Henderson,

Glad you made note of what is needed at Arranmore lad. 'Tis true, we are always in ta market for what you made mention, especially Drill Bits for our miners.

As far as Belfast, for once ta rumors were true. Ta crew there have been allowed increased expenditure for refined ore, as it happens t' be a byway for many traders an' haulers, legal or not. So I am all ears as far as what ya'd like as far as cooperation.

Now, as far as Whiskey... Besides Gold, it is one of our more prominent goods, an' we would be fools t' not want an increase in exportation. Though, I am hesitant t' allow ya t' re-sell it. My concern would be that people beyond your sight may try t' duplicate ta recipe or mass produce their own. Sorry lad, but that I won' allow. Our top shelf Whiskey is already on high demand, since we are ta only ones who make it right. For now, I'd be more comfortable with setting up contracts t' your bases for ta import of our Whiskey. Should it prove profitable an' beneficial for both our groups, then we can address expanding.

*She nods and turns around*

Sadhbh McCool
Governor
[M]olly Council

Honourable Governor,

Alright. Heard your call and of course we are going to accept that wish about your monopoly on the whiskey, which sounds reasonable enough from your point of view. Just let me know whenever there is a change to your exporting policies.

Anyway, I caught a few reliable transport captains idling around and told them to try out the runs to teach them. Seems to have worked well. Here are the guncams about the goods that were taken to Arranmore.

Delivered goods:
  • Drill Bits (4050 + 3940 units)
  • Mining Machinery (4059 units)
  • Nanocapacitors (4010 units)

Ships present at the scene:
  • IMG|Julia.Morrow
  • IMG|Felix[R]
  • IMG|Neutralizer
  • IMG|The.Cretan.Dream[R]

Delivery guncam shots during the approach:

[Image: smuggle_molly1.1.png]

[Image: smuggle_molly1.2.png]

[Image: smuggle_molly1.3.jpg]

[Image: smuggle_molly1.4.jpg]

Good luck. Stay safe.

Jack Henderson

[Image: julia.png]

**** SENDER: Julia Morrow, IMG Convoy Leader ****

Honourable Governor,

Today we were flying goods between Rheinland and Dublin and realized that Arranmore has changed its fuel from H-Fuel to Mox. By chance, we managed to aquire some and here you are.

Delivered goods:
  • Mox: 3 transport loads, equalling around 12.000 units

Ships present at the scene:
  • IMG|Julia.Morrow
  • IMG|Totalizer
  • IMG|Mr.Otwell

Delivery guncam shots during the approach:

[Image: molly_molly1.png]

Good luck. Stay safe.

Jack Henderson