Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules for Traders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Can Pirats do want they want?

I was trading with my Ship, as trader with a trader ID. I pirat came and wanted 1mill. I didnt have 1mill and that was what I told him. I told him I could give him 250.000, but he didnt want them and distroy my ship. He did it also the 5 next times... The last time I escape and docked... He was waiting outside for about 20min.. and distroyed me again when I came out... He also told me he will destroy me at once each time he see me...

So can pirats do what they want...? Can they reengage me like they want? and destroy me like they want? That wouldn?t be soo nice...
Winners of a pvp can reingage at will, so if a trader dies or runs, the pirate can keep coming back...
Demanding money that a trader doesn't have, as well as repeatedly killing them like that, is rather foul.
What size of a ship do you have?
Yep, they can. If you can't pay the pirate, you die. And if you're brilliant enough to continuously doing the route, he can pirate you again. And you can't blame him for not believing you that you didn't have the money, most traders try to pull that off constantly to get out of paying.
Its distasteful, its foul and mean spirited as well as being somewhat cruel in nature, but its within his scope of rights as both a pirate and the victor of the PvP engagement.

And on a personal note, for an Admin Dustin you aren't coming off the slightest bit helpful or objective.
But with enough experience you see that he wouldn't have 1M...right?
So, in my opinion, it's more acting like a terrorist.

Oh, and you shouldn't do the same route again and again and again and again and.....
You come back, you get taxed again.
' Wrote:And on a personal note, for an Admin Dustin you aren't coming off the slightest bit helpful or objective.

Eh, gave him the direct answer really.
' Wrote:Winners of a pvp can reingage at will,
This is not technically correct. As with any PvP the winner must allow the looser of a PvP to leave the system, even a Trader.
However if the trader then returns to the same system, or crosses paths with the same pirate elsewhere, the pirate is allowed to pirate the trader again.

5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

If the player respawns in the same system, he/she must leave the system without engaging. Other players are not allowed to attack one who is leaving.
Right, but winners of a PVP may reingage, and they may even follow the losers around to do so, because otherwise we run into the problem of a Police/miltary winning a fight, but being unable to defend their home from pirates who've only switched systems, which is why the rule is like that.

What constitutes 'a chance to leave the system'?
' Wrote:And you can't blame him for not believing you that you didn't have the money, most traders try to pull that off constantly to get out of paying.

You can see it pretty clearly on the level and ship + loadout if he has much money or not.
If i see low-level chars i only demand some cargo.

Like if i see a low-level freighter with about 350 units of Synth. Marihuana i demand 50 units of it.
Most of the time i demand cargo, but sometimes also money.
If he doesn't have the money then you should pirate some cargo of him.

But this is just my opinion:)
' Wrote:5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

If the player respawns in the same system, he/she must leave the system without engaging. Other players are not allowed to attack one who is leaving.

Wrong.
A trader may come back.
If he's smart he wouldn't come back, because he would pirated again/killed again.
For traders it is a bit different.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6