Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Talon's Ship's Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Logging On.....
Pilot name: Talon Silver...
Current Call Sign: Talon.Silver...
Ship: Civilian Freighter..
Log Entry 001...

FREE AT LAST!!

Well I've just graduated from flight training on the planet Erie from the "University of Flying Debris" or UFD, and my father has left me a run down civilian shuttle craft he called "Floppy". Finally after all that schooling I can fulfill my childhood dream of venturing off into the great endless void of space!

Looking at poor Floppy I can't imagine what the hell I'm going to do with it other then be a floating space target for pirates, over zealous pilots and asteroids, not to mention that I graduated with a solid grade of D- from flight school so the possibility of flying into a battleship and becoming a smudge on its windshield is a real possibility according to those cheating flight simulators. I come to the conclusion that I need to trade Floppy in for a slightly larger but more durable space target..

I travel to the ship yard on Erie and with a whopping $25,000 in my pocket (grrr), I trade in my fathers "Floppy" for a Civilian Freighter. I figure if I'm ever going to achieve my first goal of getting my ass into the seat of a gunboat I'd better start mining with something that has a cargo hold, and with my funds a civilian freighter seems the best choice, After dealing with the very fat and greedy ship salesman and mumbling "May your privates be devoured by space grubs" on the way out, I head over to the equipment shop to outfit my shiny new freighter.

I managed to talk the equipment dealer into selling me two mining turrets. and with the small amount of scratch I had left I bought some Nanobots and Shield Batteries.

Now on the launch pad, I look at my new Civilian Freighter.. It only has two real guns and two mining turrets on it as that's all I could afford but... I can't help having a sense of wonder as I climb into the cockpit for the first time. I check to make sure I have my Freelancer ID, make sure my 32 Nanobots and Shield Batteries are loaded and prepare to explore the great wonders of space...

End of Log Entry 001...
Logging Off...
Logging On.....
Pilot name: Talon Silver...
Current Call Sign: Talon.Silver...
IFF: Freelancer
Ship: Border Worlds Transport..
Log Entry 002...

It's been awhile since my last entry, Ive gotten wrapped up in the world of mining. Ive mined so much that I dream of the old world game asteroids. I met several pilots along my journeys so far, One being a cool pilot who assisted me in my first good ship purchase of a civilian transport, This helped me out as it had a cargo hold of 1000 so I was able to gather far more helium in Pennsylvania and sell to Erie.

Eventually I saved enough to trade up to a Large Transport with 2000 cargo space, however I'm not sure it was worth it as it seemed to lower the asteroid/helium count. It took 20 min to fill it where as it took literally 2 minutes to fill the 1000 hold of the Civilian Transport, but I stuck with it. I ran into a pilot of a Border Worlds Transport that took me on some profitable cargo runs around the galaxy, that was fun and opened up countless maps and jump holes on my on board computer.

Along the way we were pirated and blasted by a fellow Freelancer of all people, I guess the whole honor among thieves thing doesn't apply in the dark cold of space.

I managed to gain my Freelancer IFF early on which is nice as I already had the ID and I like to remain as neutral as possible until such time that I join a faction or find some purpose to my life as a pilot. Eventually after enough mining to make my head explode, I made my first "good" ship purchase of a Border Worlds Transport. It was a toss up with the Firefly which was superior in all ways except it had one gun shy of the BWT.

I choose the BTW as it looks nicer and some reviews on the Firefly's gun placement helped make the decision.

Several times a fellow Freelance JonyWalker ran a SUSA sponsored free helium event which was very cool, I managed to get a nice amount of free cargo fills without the dull tedium of mining, it almost felt like a reward for the dedication to mining I've shown and made all those hours upon hours of mining seem rewarded.

During one of those SUSA mining events a Invasion of Nomads hit the Erie area and we were forced to flee the area while the Liberty forces did battle with the aliens. That was rather exciting and was a nice adrenaline rush.

So now I have a Border Worlds Transport, some armor and weapons, and I continue to mine for cash as I really haven't decided what else to do with my time. One pilot mentioned the DSE as a good faction to look into, but I haven't looked into it so Ive no idea who they are yet, however I have seen a few of there pilots around in space.

Ive seen some great items which seem unattainable for pilots that haven't been in space for years and years and years, like jump drives and cloaking devices (How wonderful to have a cloaking device for illegal cargo runs) but as one sold for a impossible 700,000,000 credits that is a pipe dream, as without a equally expensive jump drive for instant cargo runs.. credits like that are simply impossible to get for the average pilot.

I also fear that pilots that have one of these fantastic Jump Drive who can amass billions of credits are driving up prices on items like top level armor also making them unattainable for non-jump drive pilots.

Well I guess that's all for this log entry, so far I am happy with the progress I've made with my pilot career and I love my new ship, I'm thinking that I should probably change my call sign to a ship name now that I have a large trading vessel. Until next time....

End of Log Entry 002...
Logging Off...