Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Commonwealth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anne takes off her work clothes, folding them neatly on her small bed, and quietly sits down at the terminal in her suite. She cracks her fingers and presses the only button on her monitor. A screen pops up, decorating the darkness of the room with a dim light. A moment later, a request pops up on the screen.

freeport10 terminal

username:
schaefer
password:
welcome, anne schaefer

She sighs from an exhausting day at work and checks her transmissions before sending a message.

schaefer@freeport10 ~ $ cd /messages
schaefer@freeport10 ~/messages $ ./transmission.sh
[c]reate [r]ead [a]rchive [e]xit
r
you have 0 messages

e

schaefer@freeport10 ~/messages $ open message.txt

Commonwealth,\n

I understand you are not accepting any new members to your ranks. I am here to change your mind. I am an asset to you and you are going to beg me to help you.\n

Anne grabs a sip of the water bottle she had laying sideways on her desk. She then chuckles to herself and continues typing, thinking of the vast resources she can bring to the table.

I am not like most citizens of this station. I know who you are, your purpose, what you do, and other knowledge; it seems very interesting to me. I have researched into your leaders -- this Robert, Achille, and Jack -- and am continually intrigued by your methods of doing things and speech patterns. You seem like the kind of crowd that appeals to the upper-class society, but you live on a Zoner station in he middle of nowhere, running it by yourselves. I appreciate that and all that you do.\n

A piece of Anne's hair falls into her face from behind her ear and she quickly curls it back behind, rapidly typing the message and checking for errors.

With that aside, I can begin what I am writing this for. After all, you do need me. I have been trained by the Lane Hackers. Their vast knowledge has enabled me to get inside of your internal communications system here on the station, as well as monitor what you have been doing for the past two years. The wants of your Commonwealth will be in your grasp in no time once you ensign me. Do you want to know how? I will teach this information to you with ease.\n

I won't screw you over. I won't betray you. Why? Because I don't do that. If I can get this far without your help, I can do much more with time. I want to join you because I see a mutual partnership that will benefit us both. Accept me, and you will enjoy the resource of myself. Deny me, and in time, hell will break loose. It's your choice.\n

Reply if interested. I would like to know more about your command structure and discipline matrix before joining. If you need to know more about me, we can discuss this in person or over transmissions.\n

I hope to speak further,\n
Anne Schaefer

^x
save: y/n
y

c
subject:
My Application
body:
message.txt
destination:
commonwealth@freeport10
transmission created!

schaefer@freeport10 ~/messages $ encrypt transmission -p high -e fwr-256-ga
transmission encrypted!

schaefer@freeport10 ~/messages $ send transmission
transmission sent!

After sending the transmission, Anne exhaustedly logs off of the terminal and walks over to her bed, curling up under the heavy blanket with her dog stuffed animal.
A certain man sits back in a chair, powering up one of the terminals he was given access to, putting his feet up on the desk. "Alright, lets see what we have here." He mumbles quietly, glancing through the transmissions to the Commonwealth, before pausing and opening up one of the specific ones that caught his eye. Reading through it, his face showing mixed emotions as he goes. "Oh.. Now that's interesting, not something I expected right off the bat."

He allows a small grin spread across his face before opening up a reply window, and beginning his response.

______

ID: Jack Starr
Response Subject: You and yo-.. waitaminute

"Good evening, afternoon, morning, midnight, whatever timezone your system is in, or whatever your society suggests as the 'current' time. Its evening now, although i'm sure it won't be later. Usually. Never can tell with that silly star being in the same place all the time, perhaps i'll get Achillie to invent something to make it move around later on. Anyways, on to more pressing matters, which I honestly would put off until later, although this one was quite interesting!"

Taking a breath, smiling slightly "Now I may not be Robert or Achillie, although i'm sure you don't mind that I got it. I may not be the spitting image of 'gentlemen' like unlike those two, although I hope i'll live up to your standard-.." Pausing. "What am I doing, no need to explain myself, whatever."

Deciding to get on to it, his features solidifying slightly into a more serious look.

"I see you did your research on us, perhaps through a few files in our system under a little password, I question why you did not merely look through the public documents, that would have explained all you needed to know, although thats no matter. I am rather intrigued in yourself Miss, although I must admit.. You have stated that all hell will break loose eventually if we were not to.. 'accept' you within our little society, in time of course. I question what you are thinking, you may be suggesting a few things that are rather insane."

Taking a moment to get more comfortable on the chair he was sitting in.

"In fact, a lot of your argument I am slightly skeptical about, you talk as if we are actively looking for someone to help us break into whatever system we'd like. Although I do admit you are quite good at it.. I was greeted by a bunch of empty log files when I went to go look. Let me tell you one thing my friend, I don't do things like this over the Net even if it is only internally from a station. I'd like to learn a little more about you, as you seemed to go through a few great lengths to give us this message Encryption of course, although I suppose its not 'that' difficult'. I'd like to speak to you in person. I enjoy the message and all, but through words is more convincing and powerful compared to electronic.

Please, unless you are worried that we'll do something to you, which I can assure you we will not. being rude to guests will get us locked up around here. We're good company. Head down to the Sylvania Dome, and ask someone for the best bar in town, we all have a bad habit of going down there and causing some trouble. In a good way of course. Whoever you ask will know what you're talking about, most folks do.

I'll be waiting for you there. Oh. This message will also be viewed by Robert and Achillie soon. Careful with our Achillie man, he can get quite.. I.. honestly don't know how to explain it, they're both handfuls. Good luck my dear. I look forward to meeting you.

Video Message - Closed
Waking up in the morning, Anne excitedly jumps out of bed, having noticed her inbox LED blinking on top of her computer. She quickly scuffled over to her chair and sat down, logging in and checking her transmissions.

freeport10 terminal

username:
schaefer
password:
welcome, anne schaefer

schaefer@freeport10 ~ $ cd /messages
r
you have 1 message

you and yo-.. waitaminute from jack starr

[o]pen [d]elete
o

Anne watches the video message and smirks during the entire thing, excited about responding to it.

e

schaefer@freeport10 ~/messages $ open message.txt

Mr. Starr,\n

As any informed person would, I do my research to keep the precise facts of my cases accurate. I have my reasons for wanting to be a part of your Commonwealth as much as you have your reasons for responding to me.\n

II am, however, confused on why you think I would be as lazy as to look at public documents and learn what everyone else can easily know. Sure, some sap in Ageria can search you up on the net and read about you, but why would I want to do that? It's far more fun seeing how exploitable your system is. Not that it's too easy to get into, of course. It did take a few hours.\n

Anne's smile grows as she continues typing. She attempts to be careful in what she says, though.

As for my threats, I'm not entirely sure why you are curious as to what they entail. Why would you want to put yourself at risk when you can do something as simple as introduce me to yourself and your friends? The empty log files you found are in fact my doing. I am extremely careful when hiding my tracks, which may prove more useful to you than not.\n

I have heard of this "Sylvania Dome" and am going to visit it sometime. You will receive a notification on the net when I plan on meeting you. I will of course be taking precautions. Will I meet Achille and Robert?\n

Drinks are on you,\n
Anne Schaefer

^x
save: y/n
y

c
subject:
re: you and yo-.. waitaminute
body:
message.txt
destination:
starr@freeport10
transmission created!

schaefer@freeport10 ~/messages $ encrypt transmission -p high -e fwr-256-ga
transmission encrypted!

schaefer@freeport10 ~/messages $ send transmission
transmission sent!

When she confirmed the sending of the transmission, Anne walked off to find some breakfast food on the station.
Jack logs into his terminal after doing.. who knows what later that afternoon, lazily sitting back (again putting his feet on the desk) and eying the dreaded inbox which seems to contain too much spam mail for their own good. Reaching over, taking a sip of a glass of wine he brought with him, spots a reply to a specific message he sent last night.

Eying the text on the screen, frowning slightly. "Oh dear.. This one is a handful."

Sluggishly sitting up to prepare for another message.

___

"Ah come now, you're not exactly setting a good image for yourself dear. First, starting by breaking into our system and looking over the stuff we keep away from public, not that its very sensitive, but the word 'private' does mean something you know. Next up, you state that we are at a risk, or will be at risk.."

Jack sighs, shaking his head.

"You misunderstand how we work, we do not go in and steal things my dear. We do things rather differently, you flaunt your skills around like we will use you often if we do decide to accept you into our wonderful society, although.. Your ideals are a little off. I'll say this again. I don't do things like this over the net, pop into Sylviana, and we'll take things from there, okay? Oh. Precautions. Its a Freeport my dear, we don't do violence. Hardly necessary."

Pausing, seeming to be thinking something over.

"Drinks are on me? You make it sound like a date. Not that I mind. I look forward to it. Just don't keep me waiting all week now!"

-- Video Message - Closed --