Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rebuilt Freeport 7 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It's not zonerzonerzoner thread, nor the intention is to add them power or anything like that. So, please put aside a bias and read it.

I started recently to play vanilla campaign once again and one question came to my mind: why was not rebuilt Freeport 7.

It looks that station was big and important for sirius. If it would be only insignificant distant zoners instalation, the whole crisis wouldn't happen. The LSF investigation, rumors, diplomatic issues etc, all that means Freeport 7 was important. As Juni said, now each House will accuse others, it's their fault.

What do you think, shouldn't Freeport 7 be rebuilt? Not as big as original, but as small outpost.? I know devs said, no more new bases, then we can recycle one of zoners instalations, eg. Corfu
Here's the thing.

First of all, we don't even know that Freeport 7 was a Zoner base. I don't think it was ever mentioned in vanilla who owned it?

Second, many Zoner stations started life belonging to some other faction, whom then subsequently abandoned it, and then the Zoners took it over. Ames, FP5, FP6. Freeport 7 likely fit into this category; it was probably built by some kusari coporation (possibly GMG) as a gas mining installation (the original model had a lot of storage tanks).

The other way Freeports come to be is that the Zoners build one, but this typically happens adjacent to a house, and the people who build and live on the station are people who don't want to live in that house anymore (but also don't want to move too far away).

Freeport 7 doesn't fit into either of these two categories, as it's not adjacent to a house and there's no major resource to be tapped there. (I guess we could contrive one..)
Proposed for 101 times. I guess it's still "no".
(12-10-2013, 12:33 PM)Trogdor Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the thing.

First of all, we don't even know that Freeport 7 was a Zoner base. I don't think it was ever mentioned in vanilla who owned it?

no, we don't know, but for sure it was neutral, it was used by corporations such as Samura, and also by various elements such as freelancers and artifacts smugglers.
any other faction, that can be a host of that mix?

(12-10-2013, 01:02 PM)Curios Wrote: [ -> ]Proposed for 101 times. I guess it's still "no".

nothing new. I don't suppose the answer could be different.
I don't miss for this station, but if it was important and needed, someone would want to rebuild it within those 20 years.
We have so many stations without a real purpose, but we didn't rebuild the legendary one...
With Yanagi gone it could be remade as a Junker base...

And as to how to do that without putting in another base: move an unused base there. Preferable a guard base with no function or ship seller.

On the other hand this has been suggested many times, and "no" has always been the answer, obviously. So, heh.
"So we meet again, Rebuild-Freeport-7-thread."
(12-10-2013, 04:44 PM)Syrus Wrote: [ -> ]With Yanagi gone it could be remade as a Junker base...

And as to how to do that without putting in another base: move an unused base there. Preferable a guard base with no function or ship seller.

But not at the old Position near the Jumpgate. Samura wouldn't be so happy with a Junker base there. Big Grin
(12-10-2013, 12:33 PM)Trogdor Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, we don't even know that Freeport 7 was a Zoner base. I don't think it was ever mentioned in vanilla who owned it?

Well there is this. Not sure if it can be considered 100% official lore but it would make sense.
Nobody tried to rebuild one in the last 20 years.. Why would they start to do it now?
(12-10-2013, 05:37 PM)~}P{~ Legendary Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody tried to rebuild one in the last 20 years.. Why would they start to do it now?

as other people said, it was many attempts, but always was 'no'
although I don't understand reasons, except zoners
nwm. I go to vanilla...
Why don't you try to RP it and see what happens? ^.^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6