Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The ship which never was
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prologue

During the war between Rheinland and Liberty, major construction of capital ships was a highly known fact, it was never a time where Norfolk, and Baltimore didn't have a capital ship being build in their shipyards. One of these capitals would be known as the LNS-Nebulus.

To command this fresh Dreadnaut was the one Lewis Robinson, a capable naval officer which had seen battle with Rheinland before. After being pulled from command of an LNS-Soul, a Liberty Siege Cruiser, Robinson was put in the bridge to command the Nebulus’s operations, being in command of around 800 Crew members.

It wasn’t long after the construction of the vessel when Admiral Hale handed it over the Liberty Security Force to assist with their operations within Delta. The LSF accepted the dreadnaut with open arms, assigning an extra 100 crew members to the Nebulus. Robinson remained in command, though his order came from the Director of the LSF at the time, David Copperfield.

The Nebulus acted as a base more than a battleship capable of destruction. LSF Patrols came and went from Alaska, to Nebulus and vise versa, however Nebulus became the HQ of some of LSF’s main covert operations. With the Order and Nomad threat, Robinson always gave priority to ensuring that the location of the Nebulus never became accurate information to either group. At times it abandoned patrols to seek cover from the Tokelau Ice Cloud.

It wasn’t exactly an enjoyable duty, but Robinson took it well, after all when Nebulus wasn’t taking part in a LSF Operation, all he had to do was to double check patrols coming aboard. An easy, but tiring task.
Things were good for the crew, continuous supply runs from the LSF ensured the condition of the ship remained tip top, as well as the moral of the men aboard.

However when Nebulus took part in Operation “Naked Flame” things were never the same again.

This is the story how the Nebulus, vanished...
Operation “Naked Flame”

6 Hours until Rendezvous

Robinson strolled onto the bridge, taking a sip from his morning tea. It had been as least 30 hours since he last slept, but he didn’t realise. When the Nebulus played a vital role in a LSF operation he didn’t sleep much. The role was simply to rendezvous with a group of elite LSF agents, and extract them from the area.
“Captain on the bridge” yelled Morris, the Nebulus’s primary navigator.
“At ease gentlemen” Robinson said sternly, as he sat in the commander's chair.
“Status report”
“Weapons, standing-by
Scanners, 100%
Fighters standing-by
Engines, 70%”
Voices around the bridge rang out. Upon the last status reaching Robinsons ear, he frowned and looked to his left where his first officer stood, listening to one the bridge technicians. As he realised, he turned to Morris.
“70% Morris? Why?” His arms were resting uneasy.
“The core is going through several tests, last night we experience a brief power outage.” Morris said as he squared his chair to face the captain.
“Why am I only hearing this now?” It was unheard of, Robinson couldn’t recall a power outage, he’d been awake since the LSF Squadron left the hangar.
“That would be my mistake, captain.”
Robinson turned quickly to his left, where his first officer stood. Steve Evans, a LSF agent which hailed from the California system, the LSF put Evans as first officer to guide the captain on LSF regulations, and strategies. Robinson and Evans never really warmed to one another, though both of them knew they were stuck until the Nebulus crew rotation kicked in next month.
Robinson sighed.
“Agent Evans, why wasn’t this reported?” Robinson asked, with a stern tone.
“When the outage occurred I went by your quarters, you were asleep captain, and due to the lack of it, I decided if it was best not to wake you”
‘So I got some sleep last night’ Robinson thought to himself, he appreciated Evans for not waking him, but Delta was as deadly as Alaska, if not more.
“I was to inform you first minute when you awoke, however another matter needed to be sorted” Evans continued. Robinson looked up, his face puzzled, yet another problem he tried to hide from him.
“Another matter?” Robinson questioned, he knew that Evans wasn’t a sparkling star, but failing to report fatal errors on board to the captain is unacceptable. Robinson personally thought Evans was too young for the promotion to First Officer.
“Yes, sir. Our firewall failed to boot-up after the outage.” Evan said before taking a large noticeable gulp.
Robinson buried his face in his palm. The software on Nebulus had been more than a pain the arse on the run up to Operation “Naked Flame”. Constant crashes, and power outages nearly caused the operation to be called off, Robinson wished it was now.
After a moment or so, Robinson relieved his face from his palm.
“Very well, tell engineering I want the engines back to 100%, if it means lowering power to other systems, they have my authority, we have one job in this operation, and I’m not having Nebulus lack in speed.
Morris, I want a report on the navigational systems when the outage occurred, as well as their status afterwards.
Sinclaire, I want you to investigate the core, any personal which entered or walked past the engine room I want them listed. Let's see if we can put this outage to human error.
Anderson, with me. “
Robinson jumped from his seat, startling Evans. Each bridge member replied with “Yes, sir” in their corresponding orders.
Anderson joined the side of Robinson as he walked towards the bridge exit.
“Evans, you have the bridge.”

As the pair walked down the corridor, Anderson noticed Robinsons concern on his face.
“I’m sure this is nothing more than a glitch sir.” Anderson said, trying to comfort his captain.
“Anderson, this is a Dreadnaut, the weaponry lethal, the software military grade. A glitch in such a vessel is unheard of.”
“Ofcourse, sir. My apologies” Anderson replied, looking down is embarrassment. He was young, much younger than any other bridge officer, however he had gotten his position through the correct paths, ground troop, through to fighter pilot, through to naval space crew, to finally land at bridge member. Andersons role onboard was to observe other bridge officers to learn from them, and hopefully gain their attributes and abilities to work alongside a captain.
Robinson knew he had a lot to learn, but believed Anderson could go along way.
“I want you too keep a sharp eye out on things, Anderson. Any suspicious activity, report directly to me. A Glitch can only happen if it’s put there. We’re isolated from the rest of Liberty, meaning we only have a handful of visitors, and even then it’s only supply drops.”
“Yes, sir. I will.”
the pair of them stopped, looked at each other, nodded and went their separate ways.

The thought of a spy on board Nebulus scared Robinson, the ship was cramped as it was, let alone a further 100 crew member the LSF assigned. If Robinson messed up, there was no backup.
The Plan

5 Hours until Rendezvous

It had been 31 Hours since the LSF squad left the hangar, 6 Avengers, 4 Upholders.
Alpha 126, Beta 103, Charlie 34, Eta 78, Foxtrot 90… Robinson tried to recall all of the squads call signs, but for the life of him he couldn’t. A captain should remember such things, he thought.
Robinson had been going through operation Naked Flame over and over in his head.
10 Pilots will attack a Order reconnaissance mission which the LSF had been tracking for sometime. Once the cruiser was down, the Squad will withdraw and return to Nebulus, if the fighters give chase, the Nebulus will supply cover fire while the squad docks, if fighter support is needed Nebulus will scramble their own fighters, not the Elite Agents.
The last part concerned Robinson, why would the LSF defend the Elite agents and risk their own patrol? Surely it would make sense if the squad finished the job, under the cover of Nebulus, it’ll take almost 4 minutes to dock all the pilots, and then another 2 to scramble all the fighters depending on how many Order vessels give chase.

Hopefully Robinson could get in contact with LSF High Command to request a repair ship to fix the systems, but that would mean going into open space near the Alaska JH to establish a channel secure enough.
Too risky, Robinson thought.
Suddenly a beep came from Robinsons door.
“Open” Robinson said before the doors swung open before revealing Sinclaire, with a wireless display under his arm.
“Captain, I have found something of interest”
Robinson looked up, twitched his finger indicating Sinclaire to enter. The security officer placed the screen in front of the captain, covering up files about Operation Naked Flame.
“Good news, I hope.” Robinson said, making room for the screen. Sinclaire didn't reply, his face showed doubt as he turned on the screen. The screen booted up and displayed a camera with a timestamps at the bottom right.
“Okay, so I reviewed about half of the footage within the last 48 hours. Everyone who entered the engine room had access, and no dodgy dealing were done, not on camera anyway. According to the reports from Engineering, the engines are now 100%, so I thought, if the engines are capable of 100% nothing was done to the systems, so I went to investigate the core room. Now, again everyone had access on camera. No foul play.”
Robinson nodded, smiling.
“Good, which means this is a software side issue, right?” Robinson looked up, but his smile was wiped clean when Sinclaire remained doubtful.
“No captain, the reason I didn’t see any foul play, because not all of the footage was there.”
Sinclaire explained.
“I went to check the motion monitor, but all the files relevant for this time frame are corrupted due to the crashes. I make it out, that in the last 20 hours, there have been two system glitches which are related to the time frame which some of the footage went missing. The latest one causing the firewall to fail.”

Robinson leaned back in his chair, sighing.
“So, two crashes, both of which lose footage around the core room and corridor.” Robinson says has he crosses his arms.
“What about the outages before these the lost footage?”
“My team are currently working through it all.”

Sinclaire turned off the screen and held it under his arm.
“Captain, if I may speak freely?” Sinclaire said, standing like a mountain over the captain.
Robinson nodded, somehow sensing Sinclaire wanted to share something.
“Do you honestly believe that someone on board has sabotaged Nebulus?”
Robinson looked down to his operation files, dossiers, call signs, estimated time of arrivals, supply drops.
“I think they’re still sabotaging Nebulus, all the crashes have been harmless untill the latest one, we’ve lost our firewall for now, and I wouldn’t be honest if I said I think that's the last system to be lost.”
The two of them remained silent, both of thinking why? Who? What would the saboteur gain from this?
“We’re on a clock, we have around 4 hours to solve this issue. I have a feeling if we don’t, Nebulus will fall…”

Sinclaire frowned.
“Really sir?
“Sinclare, we are open to hacks, if the Lane Hackers operated in the Omicrons they would have a field day with Nebulus, but that doesn’t mean the Order have their own code to corrupt ours.
Who ever is doing this, they have taken down our firewall, it’s only a matter of time until we lose our shields.” Robinson looked up to Sinclaire, you could see in Robinsons eyes they were full of worry, and concern.

“Dismissed Sinclaire, start from when the first crash occurred, see if you can find a suspect.”

Robinson didn’t know what else to do, it was obvious someone had access to the core room, and had access to security to erase footage.
Around 900 crew members, he thought. 900 lives lost in unpopulated space… Would the LSF notify the people of Liberty? Would they notify the families? Robinson knew the answer, and yet he still avoided it.
Invisible Threat

4 Hours until Rendezvous

Robinson looked out from the bridge into Deltas beauty, never before had he noticed it’s colours merging together. It was stunning, though when the thought of the green merging with the purple it reminded him of how far away from home he was. Liberty, Texas.

Robinson snapped out of it, remembering home would keep his mind busy, and not focused on the task in hand. It had been 2 hours since the bridge learnt that the random crashes weren’t random. Each officer had a look on them which all matched.
Moral was low, and nothing Robinson could do, he had his men working hard on the case, it was as if, the crew didn’t have a LSF operation to prepare for.
In the last hour Robinson learnt that the first crash happened after a supply ship dropped off several food rations and a standard amount of H-Fuel. So the current theory was that someone, had given a officer with access to the core room a device with certain codes which encrypts itself into the core’s base code. For now, engineering have been working against the active code, to stop any other system being infected, as for the firewall it would have to remain down until a permanent fix has been found.
The thing which worried Robinson the most, is that he is surrounded by possible suspects, everyone one on the bridge had access to security systems, as well as the core room.
Suddenly all the lights went out, and the sound of system shutting down echoed throughout the ship shaking the veins of Nebulus.
“Captain, we’ve lost all power” The bridge went black, after a few seconds the red filter lights engaged, using up the emergency generators.
Robinson looked around and saw a figure run out of the bridge. Robinson sprung to his feet.
“Get the power back on !” Robinson said, as he ran out following the figure.
Robinson followed the figure as fast as he could but the target was faster, much faster, the corridors began to fill as everyone ran to their station, keeping up with the target was impossible, eventually Robinson lost sight of him and stopped, out of breath Robinson keeled over.
“Robinson to Bridge, dispatch a security team to the core room” he yelled after pushing the communication device in his ear, no response.

As Robinson returned to the bridge, the power was still down.
“Captain, is everything okay?” Morris asked, as he took a quick glimpse over his shoulder.
“He was here, in this very room… When power returns I want footage of the bridge.” Robinson ordered, still out of breath.
Robinson took a quick look around his bridge trying to account for his missing bridge officers.
Evans and a weapon technician were missing.
“Anyone see Evans or Morgan?” Robinson demanded, still looking around him. The bridge officers shook their heads, they must have been focused on trying to get their consoles back online.
Robinson shook his head
“I don’t beleive it ! How long until full power returns?” Robinson yelled.
Morris pushed a bunch of button on his console.
“The core should be on stand-by, so engineering should be able to supply---”
Morris voice was lost.
“Morris?!” Robinson shouted.
“I can’t get systems back online…” Morris voice turned to a dark daunting tone. One which was full of ache and fear.
“Morris! Why cant we get power online again?!” Robinson said as he marched over to Morris’s console.
“This isn’t a power outage… it’s a full core lockdown”
Robinson gritted his teeth, his hands made deadly fists.
“Get communications back” Robinson said, his tone sharp. It was like his voice cut through all the equipment and dug in deep within the bridge officers.

Robinson ran over to his chair, hit his security code into his chair. A compartment opened, revealing 3 mid range blaster pistols.
“Sinclaire” Robinson said, throwing him one of the pistols.
“Morris, Anderson, I want you both to draw all the power to communications, then notify security to secure the core room, and engineering.”
Both of them nodded, then turned their chairs to the consoles.
Sinclaire loaded his pistol and low pitched humming noise filled the room.
The two of them headed towards the core room, Robinson had already ran down the same corridors today this time Robinson wanted his ship back in control, today.
As Sinclare and Robinson stacked outside the core room, they double checked their weapons before heading in, Robinson lead, following closely by Sinclaire, the pair of them had partnered up before with training exercises, but this time it was no exercise, Robinson wasn’t afraid to kill anyone who opposes his ship.
“The captain” A voice screamed out, on the top left balcony, before either officer had chance to aim, a blast flew past them, the two of them hide behind opposing walls.
“Captain Robinson, I highly recommend you surrender now” echoed throughout the room, it was hard to hear with the core before them, but the crew member yelled enough for them to hear clearly.
Though the lights were out, the light from the Core provided enough lighting to acquire targets.
“Lewis, 1 target top balcony, another two on the right balcony. I count 4 on the ground.” Robinson took a quick peek from behind the wall, Sinclair seemed right, and accepted the information.
“10-4, you take the right targets, I will take the left, starting with the balconies.” Robinson replied, trying to remember what cover each target had.
“This is your captain officers, your demand is an act of mutiny. Give yourselves in, or face your fate.” Robinson said this, knowing that this group of individuals had already gotten away with too much. If this was the threat, Robinson would gladly kill them all.
“Captain, we have your core. And with the core, comes great power” laughed one of the men.
As Sincaire and Robinson readied themselves, the final peek revealed a group fo dead bodies on the floor, security and their weapons no where to be seen.
“Sinclare, they have rifles. I presume those bodies are form security.” Robinson explained.
“Noted, on your mark” Sinclaire said, not giving the captain a single stare.
“Last chance, gentlemen!” Robinson shouted.
“Haha ! No captain this is-” A blast round burst into the officers chest, silencing his sentence.
Robinson and Sinclaire moved up, only spending 2-3 shots per target. One of the rounds managed to get close to Sinclair enough for him to feel the heat of the round.
Robinson pivoted shooting another officer in the chest, as he came out for a shot.
Above him on the walk way, the light from the core revealed it was bridge technician Marshall. Robinson wanted him alive, and shot losey shots through the walk way causing the technician to lose balance and fall to the ground.
Sinclaire fired 4 final rounds before the final cry of pain rang through the room.

After the shootout, Sinclare secured Marshell with binders, and Robinson began to take note of the dead. The security team were rookies, newly trained. By the way they lay they had been taken by surprise, 9 Naval officers lay dead in total. No survivors.
As for the other side, 6 dead, 1 alive, Marshell.
“Sir, whats our l-”
“9, Frank, 9 of ours.” Robinson said coldly his weapon still in his hand ready for another wave.
Robinson looked at Marshell, his face was burnt, must have been one of the shots hit the metal a burst into sparks.
“He’s binded, Sir. He won't do anymore harm” Sinclaire notified Robinson, Sinclair always new when Robinsons thoughts turned to dark deeds.
Robinson nodded.
“Good, now lets get this core operational again” Robinson said, looking over his shoulder…
It took a while for Robinson and Sinclair to boot the core manually, and soon afterwards, the lights came on throughout the ship like a great hall.
“Robinson to bridge - do you copy?”
“Aye captain, is everything okay?” Morrises voice came through the communicator.
“Negative, dispatch a medical team, and a security team to the core room.”
“Right away”
“Morris, did you manage to get communications to security during the blackout?”
“Negative, you were the first person to use comms since the black out, why do you ask?”
“Because there a squad here, dead.” Robinson terminated the channel, and the two friends shared a look of great concern, both of them thinking the same question. What was a security squad doing in the core room during the black out? And if they used their initiative, why didn’t they entrench themselves?
Flickering Flame

1 Hour until Rendezvous

“I want all system checked and double check, I want at least 4 security teams on vital system controls, no one gets in or out !
Morris, ensure our navigational system have a direct feed to the backup generator. I want 15 minutes update on Marshall, again no one gets in or out of the brig.
I want cruise engines checked, ensure that they have maximum of 120%, if the order our on our tail I want to be able to move… fast.”
The order went on, crew members kept leaving and joining the captains arms as he marched through Nebulus, he had been down to the brig to interrogate Marshall, Robinson couldn't help but think a single technician wouldn't be able rally a group of officers and get them to commit mutiny, as well as shut down the core with the handful of personnel. Something was missing, a part of the jigsaw.

The Bridge officer congregated onto the bridge, like bees to a hive.
“Gentlemen, T minus 45 Minutes, let’s get into positions and get comfortable.” Robinson looked at each of his bridge members, including his first Officer Evans, and smiled peacefully.
Robinson was confident, something was going to happen, and he was confident if anything did, he had the protocols in place to fish the spy out.

Morris looked over his shoulder to Robinson.
“All systems reporting normal, power levels seem as stable as ever, seems we caught our mysterious villain”
Robinson smiles but didn't reply. Bullshit, Robinson thought, okay the scans may indicate power levels are fantastic, but that’s just to make it look like we have our villain, Robinson knew all too well Marshall was working with someone, but who.
“Protocols in place Evans?” Robinson turned his head, his hands interlocked, for the first time in a few days, Robinson was calm, and relaxed.
“Aye captain.” Evans nodded.
“Then we wait”

Next half hour was intense for all the crew, more so for Robinson, him and Sinclaire were the only ones which knew about the second person. Robinson couldn't wait to get his hands on the traitor.

“Sir! Incoming vessels” Morris yelled, taking a closer look at his scanners. ‘Show time’ Robinson thought as he lifted himself to the upright position.
“Callsigns, ID codes, passwords, weapon load outs, engine signatures, all of it.. scanned” Robinson ordered, the captain within him began to shine again.
“7 LSF Identified Incoming!” Morris confirmed, assigning each pilot a order to dock once every scan was complete
Evans turned to Robinson, panicked.
“7 Captain, did you hear 7! Where are the other 3”
Robinson frowned at Evans, what on earth had him riled up ? Surely he knew that it was normal to lose vessel in these kind of missions, if a pilot did have their ship, they would be in an escape pod.
“Evan, calm down. They probably got shot down, and beamed aboard one of the other agents ships.” Robinson assured.
Evan shook his head furiously, his hands shaking.
“No...no… it wont work without 10” Evans told himself. Robinson overheard, then it hit him. Marshall and Evans both went missing during the black out, meaning Evans must have alerted a security team to meet Marshall down there, so Evans wouldn't be suspected when he found Marshall and the group in the core room.
“All vessels aboard, sir. Scans complete, all ten aboard” Morris said still observing his scanners.
Robinson gritted his teeth, trying to keep his voice down from the rest of the crew.
“Evans, tell me exactly what have you done? What are they planning?!” Evans looked around, the bridge, while Robinson remained fixated on Evans.
“Evans!” Robinson yelled gaining the attention of the bridge.
Evans turned to face Robinson, a cynical sparkle in his eyes.
“There’s nothing you can do…” Evan sprung from his seat, pulling out a pistol and aiming it straight at Robinson. Another two bridge officers pulled their pistols and pointed it at Sinclare, Anderson, and Morris.
“The Liberty Security Force is here-by commandeering the LNS-Nebulus, and placing Captain Lewis Robinson under arrest.” Evans has a smirk look on his face.
Robinson rose to his feet.
“Under what charge” Robinson asked, a disgust tone spat out at Evans.
“Murder, of Daniel Marshall” Evans smiled a little more. Robinson’s eyes narrowed, and his fists became boulders. He took a step further.
Morris rose heading towards Evans, but one of the agents held their gun up to Morris, a clear head shot.
“Ah ah ah, Captain, you will comply with the LSF or we will start giving charges out to everyone under your command, Leonard Morris, for tampering with the navigational systems causing a ship wide shutdown”
Robinson could feel his teeth digging in one another.

“Ah, First Officer Evans, you seem to have the situation under control” a voice said behind them all. In the doorway stood a LSF Agent with his full piloting gear par his helmet accompanied with a pistol , and beside him were two LSF agents, still in their piloting gear but with rifles.
“Special Agent Wulf, you and your bridge crew are under arrest Mr Robinson.”
“That’s captain Robinson” Wulf shook his head disappointingly.
“Not anymore, take them to the brig.”

Suddenly a beeping sound came from Morris's console.
Everyone turned towards the bridge window, and saw.
“INCOMING!” Robinson shouted, diving to the floor. A missile went straight through the shield and made contact with the nose of the Dreadnaut. Hull fragments went flying, a great burst of fire covered the window, the ship shook with anger, causing the lights to flicker. When Robinson raised his head, he saw everyone else did the same, some of them banged their heads causing blood to drip on the floor. Once Robinson gained his breath, he let a roaring order.
“BATTLESTATIONS !” The corridors rang with the alarms, people scrambled to their feet.
“Robinson” Wulf said, Robinson turned and found a pistol making contact to his chest.
“You are not captain of this vessel !” Wulf demanded. Robinson looked sharply into Wulf eyes.
That was when Robinson grabbed the arm which held the pistol, and snapped it, grabbing the pistol mid air, Robinson rotated around Wulf and shot two rounds, each hitting the other two agents. One which was standing startled, the other which had his leg crippled by a metal console. Both killed in cold blood.
Robinson’s aim searched for Evans, and when Evan saw him staring at him, his eyes down the iron-sight, the face was pure fear before Robinson shot a round straight through Evans skull.

Robinson dropped the pistol and looked at his remaining bridge officers.
“Traitors are punished” They all nodded in agreement.
The Ship which never was

The Osiris Battleship continued to pound the Nebulus with missiles and primary turrets, Nebulus tried to evade but too much damage was done. There were fire on several decks and the bridge were down 3 men. Everyone had two jobs, shield, missiles, primary turrets, secondary turrets, artillery, engines, navigation, everyone had to do their best.
“We’re entering the Tokelau Ice Cloud, captain, sensors lowered”
“I know the drill Morris, keep doing what you're doing and try not to -”
A beckoning sound shuddered through the ship, the sound ice breaking and hull being dented fill the bridge.
“Hit the icetroids” Robinson to himself.
“Another incoming missile, brace for impact.”
Everyone grabbed on to their consoles, but when no missile hit, they knew the icetroids were doing their job. Robinson smiled a little.
“Sir, I’m picking up a unknown contact” Morris said as the hull screeched above them.
“Oh what now?! Use the LSF databanks to find the most possible fit for the readings”
“ Launch missiles 1,2, launch three 40 degrees starboard.” The sound of three missiles leaving nebulus covered the sound of the ringing alarms and the fires. The first two had a direct impact on the Osiris, while the 3 blew up a large chunk of ice, causing it to collide with the Order battleship.
“No mad battleship on scope !” Morris screeched, everyone turned to face the window frozen to their stance. Purple was Delta’s colour for death.
“Quick ! Shut down all the systems !” Robison said, beginning to shut down the engines and lighting
“Captain?!” Anderson asked.
“Do it ! We’re on fire, losing power, and doomed to die. What do you think the Nomad is going to open fire on, a burning ship, or a perfectly good one?” Robinson said as he flicked panels, and switches.
The bridge smiled at the captain then began doing their part.
When all the systems were down, the Osiris had a few more shots before they ceased fire. as the Nebulus coasted by the Nomad, the bridge window lost it’s view, but all could be heard was the fatal sound of nomad weaponry and explosions.
“We’re safe” Morris said, sinking into his seat. Robinson smiled, though he knew a lot more daunting task was ahead of him.
When the Nebulus coasted through the field of ice, using it’s external thrusters, systems began to reboot.

Med bays were full of the injured and dead, fire were still being put out, new security teams were being assigned. Nebulus was a mess on the inside, god knows what it looked like on the outside. Even though what the Nebulus and her crew had been through, Robinson couldn’t believe he was still alive.
Wulf had been executed, Marshall remained in the brig for Robinsons home warming gift and Morris, Anderson and Sinclaire were high hoped.

External repairs had begun, what could be done, Robinson sent half of his work force out their, the core was damaged, this time actually being the cause of power outages. It took 9 solid days to get Nebulus back to semi operation standards, but this meant supplies were low, Robinson didn’t bother to head towards the supply drops, he realised that if the LSF had the cheek to try and take over Nebulus they wouldn’t stay still and wait for a Dreadnaut to come knocking at their door. Nebulus kept moving around Delta, never staying on place they had no friends out here, especially now.
“Morris” Robinson said to get his attention.
“Sir”
“Plot a new course. Minor Jump Hole” Robinson said, confident.
Morris turned around to ensure he had heard properly.
“We’re going to tread lightly avoiding all patrols,lower us 20k below plain.”
As the Nebulus approached the Minor JH, Robinson hailed the ship wide comm.
“We have been through alot the past few days, we have seen danger through many eyes, a new enemy, the LSF. Never before has Liberty been betrayed before like this, I will not stand for it ! We have lost too many men ! Too many souls lost so far away from home, I cannot promise you that Liberty will be happy upon our arrival, I can almost be certain we will be treated as criminals, as terrorists, the reason of this betrayal, I do not know, but what I do know, is that I will travel to the ends of Gallia to find out why Liberty shame us like they have !”

A pause filled the bridge.
“Jump Officer Morris”

7 hours Later
Alaska, Liberty Space

“There it is gentlemen 30k away from us, the gate to Liberty.” The bridge all smiled together, they were so close, yet they were so far from Liberty as they remember it.
“Juneau Shipyard, the home of the Osiris” Anderson said hyponically.The bridge looked at him, laughing a little.
“You’re not becoming a poet are you Anderson?” Asked Sinclaire mockingly.
Robinson could normally step in, but after everything the four of them had been through, they deserved a laugh.

When the mocking stopped Robinson began devising a plan. If word from the LSF reached Liberty, it would mean that Robinson was wanted, therefore the bridge came up with a plan which should give enough time for the nebulus to align with the gate, and pull of one of the most dangerous maneuvers ever, a quick system jump dock.

Nebulus approached.

“This is Nebulus, requesting emergency docking permission to jump”
“Negative, send your callsign and registration code”
“This is LNS-Nebulus…”
“Nebulus, you're not on our system, you are to halt your vessel and prepare to be boarded. You do not have access to this system, nor do you have access for that Liberty Class Dreadnaut.”
Scanners picked up 2 fighters and a transport being deployed from the shipyard.
“Negative, that’s not necessary, we are returning from operation Naked Flame”
Morris had spoken the whole time, the voice of Robinson may have alerted the base.
The Nebulus was about ready to jump when the comm went silent. The weapon systems of the shipyard came alive, and every turret in view turned upon the Nebulus. By that time Nebulus was already jumping to New York.

“When we drop out, launch missiles at the weapon platforms.” Robinson ordered.
“Aye aye Captain!” Morris laughed.
The hull screamed when it fell out of the jump, missiles launched, and two explosions followed. Nebulus made it through the minefield and headed off into open space.

Never to be identified again, until now.

“This is Captain Lewis Robinson of the LNS-Nebulus, we’ve been searching for you for a long time, now we have found you, I have a proposition for you.”
“Halt your vessel, and prepare to be boarded captain, your crew will remain unharmed if they follow orders”
“Roger that… Hellfire Legion”