Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Death isn't the end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I. How it all started

“My name is Karl Klein, known as Feldwebel of Secondary MarineIntelligenze Division, commander of RNC Schwartz Tiger. 819 - 820 A.S., mostly I was fighting on Liberty Front. I like to fight Libertarians, but I was ordered to the Rote Front.
Red Hessians are just workers who picked up their Mining Hammers against the Kanzler. I’m a soldier, I didn’t want to shoot civilians. But I didn’t have any choice. We lost control of Leipzig station, but we are still staying in Dresden. The fight continues.
18.11.820 A.S., only three cruisers left to defend Dresden from Hessian attacks, all others were sent on Libertonian front again. RNC Stolpen, RNC Bannewitz and RNC Schwartz Tiger. I commanded the Tiger.
We got message from High Command that something strange was going on in the Omegas, and someone from Dresden should transfer his ship to Omega 7 and find out what’s going on there. The two other cruisers was Rheinwher, but the Schwartz Tiger is a Marine Intelligenze cruiser, so its loadout was specialized to Recon missions.
I’m going to move Schwartz Tiger to the Omega 7, and I’ll find out what is going on there.”
~Feldwebel Karl Klein RNC Schwartz Tiger Dresden system, Private log
– Last update: 20.11.820 04:12

“About this being strange, high command was right. When I arrived in Omega 7, I contacted Battleship Schwerin. They reported that two Rhienland bombers who had fired twice upon the Schwerin. And Schwerin’s Commander was sure that they will strike again. Also, IMG pilots reported hostile contacts at the Omega 3 gate.
I have two choices. I’ll clear Omega 3 gate, or I’ll try to find out something about those bombers. I’m choosing to cloak and wait on the bombers return.”
~Feldwebel Karl Klein RNC Schwartz Tiger Omega 7 system, Private log
– Last update: 18.11.820 07:54

“Ja. Commander of Schwerin was correct about those attacks. Two military bombers returned and hit the Battleship. After firing their torpedoes, Schwerin’s shield absorbed the impact and bombers turned back. Cloaked, the Schwarz Tiger followed them. We followed them to Omega 58. Along the way, they were silent as dead space. Sometimes, I saw some picture of different places, some crew told me that they heard voices. I actually believe them, I heard some too. Once they left sensor range, we uncloaked the Tiger to save fuel. The crew was really tired, so I decided to take a few people to keep watch while other part of our command went to bed. I left command bridge too, and went to my quarters to work on a secret plan ‘Letzte Licht’”
[Image: pzdXpNZ2qtEJXovHENDMismEyp4W4AJgdaZtogsg...EIbmRH0_kg]
~Feldwebel Karl Klein RNC Schwartz Tiger Omega 58 system, Private log
– Last update: 18.11.820 10:23

“…I’m impressed that I am still alive, but I think not for long. This should be my last log.
We were all relaxed, and only three people were on the bridge when it happened. One of the officers on the bridge told me that 10 minutes after we all had left the bridge our scanners lit up. He saw three or more ships uncloak and torpedo Schwartz Tiger. Ja, I remember that moment when I was sending report transmission to New Berlin. The hit was so hard that I fell from my chair. He said they tried to save ship, tried to cloak it. But he said that two Scorpion Drones came and started shooting at the Tiger. This scene I saw from my window. When I heard that Tiger’s engine reactor was going to explode I ordered the crew to abandon ship. On the Tiger was my personal Bergelmir. As the crew escaped the cruiser in their escape pods, I took my Bergelmir and left the Tiger as fast I could.
As soon as I got clear, the Tiger exploded. That the last what I remember. My ship was hit by the explosion and my head smacked the canopy, knocking me unconscious. They have captured me and my crew. Right now, I see only four steel walls. I’ve been here for five hours already, and I was really happy when I found my computer in my pocket. I tried to send an SoS, but something was blocking my signal.
That’s my last log, I have heard how my crews shouts. One by one they will kill all of us…”
~Feldwebel Karl Klein Unknown station Unknown system, Private log
– Last update: 18.11.820 16:07
II. I am dead

“About 20 minutes after I ended my ‘last’ log, at last they came for me. I actually didn’t try to escape or fight with them. I knew that there wasn’t any chance to escape. One of them hit my head and I fainted.
When I was sleeping I heard voice, it sounded like an order
“...When...you...will...realize…,...do...it...”
After… I was shocked… I woke up and saw enormous light. I thought “Heaven…” but then I looked around and realized that I was not dead, I was in a cabin, looking at Omega 58’s Neutron Star. I was happy but not for long, all systems turned red. The ship’s hull was getting too much radiation damage so I got out as fast I could. On the way to Omega 7, I thought about those words; replaying again and again in my head while I slept. It wasn’t like a normal dream. I’m sure it’s something special. I probably have some mental problems. I successfully returned to Omega 7 and docked at Schwerin. What I’m looking for now is only some relaxation.”
~Feldwebel Karl Klein Battleship Schwerin Omega 7 system, Private log
– Last update: 19.11.820 00:48

“The next day, High Command called me to New Berlin. I departed as fast as possible.
On Battleship Strausberg in New Berlin system, Command Officers held a conference with me. They were asking weird questions and at last demoted me to Inspektor for losing my ship and crew. I didn’t talk about my capture and dreams, in my report I wrote: “The ship was going down and I ordered all crew to abandon the vessel. Some did not obey my order, but I launched my Bergelmir. The crew died with ship.” similar lie, but I think the truth could kill me. I still think about why they let me go and where my crew was?... I tried to forget about that hellish day and just continue my Militarist career.”
~Inspektor Karl Klein Battleship Strausberg New Berlin system, Private log
– Last update: 21.11.820 11:24

“… One week passed well. All is normal, I was expecting something special, but a doctor checked my mentality. “All is fine maine herren”.
For this week, I was working out a plan to capture planet Houston in Texas. If royalists grabbed Leeds, why can’t we grab Houston?”
~Inspektor Karl Klein Battleship Westfalen Hamburg system, Private log
– Last update: 28.11.820 17:09

“Another week passed, and what happened yesterday shocks me every time I remember it. I should finish my plan and recommend it at the Officers’ conference on cloaked Battleship Moselle somewhere in Braunschweig. That is the most important conference my kapitane said. All 30 years-old archives were stored for some period on Moselle. So, on a day when all MND officers should be there, High Command decided to hide the battleship.
There were two hours of High Command listening to officer’s propositions. After my presentation of “Operation: Letzte Licht” I was returned to my old rank, I am once again Feldwebel.
The smile was quickly wiped off my face though. In one of Moselle’s corridors, I saw one of the Tiger’s crew members. He was looking at me like he saw a ghost. What he is doing here? I already told the officers that everyone was dead. This was worse than I had imagined. He was following me, I didn’t see him but I felt it. When I got to my room, he was already there…
His words impressed me more than all what was going on two weeks ago.
“You! I know who you are! You aren’t human anymore. I saw how they put a seed inside you. Ask yourself how did I get here? You should know what I am here for!” – I just couldn’t say anything in answer. Only then I saw the dagger in his hand. “He going to kill me” I thought. And, from that moment I felt power and a voice in hand. The voice warned me of the danger.
Everything turned purple and I lost control of my body. But I still saw it all. He threw his dagger at me, but it stopped in midair, turned back, and hit him.
I felt like myself again. But I could still feel power. And the voice tried to tell me about an ally but I couldn’t understand it. It told me about the archives. I knew that if Moselle’s personal saw me I would be dead. But it didn’t stop me, and I found the archives. I used my personal Digital Computer to check for information. The voice talked about a year, 800 A.S.
And… I found the right chip, there was some information about some sort of infection. Aliens inside people, controlling them. I realized there was an alien inside of me!
The voice felt my aggressiveness and tried to show me something. I was in an unknown system, and I had never seen anything more beautiful. The voice gave me a chance to be myself, I understood I shouldn’t talk to anyone about it. I ran from the archive with the chip in my hand to my room and again fainted. Or maybe not, now I am not sure. The alien inside of me could control my body for few hours. How will it end? I thought about suicide, but the alien controlled my mind. It knows everything, I don’t know why it allowed me to write this...”
~Feldwebel Karl Klein Battleship Moselle Braunshweig system, Private log
– Last update: 06.12.820 04:22
III. All as planned?

“As I figured, Moselle’s security noticed that someone had intruded into the Archive Room. High Command closed all docking bays and no one could leave. The voice warned me about what was going on, and warned me to escape.
The alien has some telekinetic power, while I tried to get to my ship, it broke all the cameras. At last, I was looking at my Bergelmir. But the security forces aren’t so foolish. They saw that cameras not working and understood someone was trying to escape.
When the alien felt danger nearby, it took command of my body again. The security guards were already on the deck armed with guns and ready to shoot. My body grabbed a plasma grenade gun and opened fire, killing them all.
[Image: iH4G6JEiF8sbuj79yAmzQQawRxbrXpQlW2wt-2Ky...oA8dDeMVzA]
Afterwords control of my body returned to me, and I get into my Bergelmir and tried to switch on the engines. The voice told me the Wraith in front of me was fuelled, so I hastily got out, attached the line to my Bergelmir, and refueled it.. But I didn’t know how to get out from Battleship, the docking gates were too strong for my guns.
In front of my Bergelmir was the Wraith that I had suctioned fuel from, and to its left was a Ragnar suspended with repair cables. I tried to ask the voice to check the Ragnar’s fuel hold. It was full of fuel. We had to move fast, before security realized what was going on. I sat in the Ragnar’s captain’s chair, pointed it’s engines at the docking gates, and pushed the engines to maximum. The docking bay gates melted and I quickly got back into my Bergelmir and fled the Moselle under a rain of heavy fire. The voice told me where I could find a stable jump hole, so I set my auto-pilot and wrote another log. Who know, will I die today or not?...”
~Feldwebel Karl Klein Wraith Braunschweig’s open space, Private log
– Last update: 06.12.820 08:37

“For the rest of the trip through Brauschweig, I spoke with the voice. It identified itself as a Nomad and allowed me to read one of the most secret files in Rheinland. Now I understood that all this was part of its plan. When I, with my crew, were captured, someone from my crew told them about my operation “Letzte Licht” and that I will show it to High Command on Battleship Moselle, which held the archive about ‘them’. They infected me to get there and steal that information. The Nomad opened my eyes and showed me another world for only a few second. We are part of ‘them’ he said, and we are as One.
Nomad showed me the way to one of the most secret and powerful places in Sirius. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen, it is called ‘Rockhome’...”
~Feldwebel Karl Klein Unknown station Unknown system. Private log
– Last update: 06.12.820 19:00