Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Meeting on Freeport 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ze'ev walked into the bar on Freeport 6. It was a quiet sorta place and a good mix of all sorts of pilots keeping away from the war all around them. Ze'ev found a table in a quiet corner and sat down. He was waiting, for whom, he wasnt sure yet, but time would tell. Ze'ev ordered a drink, and a dish of rice. And he waited....
Matok wore his off duty robe, carrying a goblet in his right hand as he made his end of the day rounds throughout Freeport 6. He noticed the man in the corner. He made a slow walk there as he nodded to the regulars he saw daily and the newcomer or two. Approaching the man, he stood off to his side, his huge, seven foot plus frame casting a shadow.

"Greetings, Sir," he stated plainly, "I see we have common taste in tables as I like a quiet corner myself quite often. I am Matok, administrator of this base. Have we met?"
He just stood, goblet in hand, waiting to see if he was looking for company or wished to be left alone.
"We have not met," Ze'ev said to the large man. "And no offense to you," he continued, "But I am not looking to make new friends, just sitting here eating my rice."
Respectful of the man's request, Matok nodded his head, "As you wish. If you require anything, I will be in my office."
With that, he walked away.
As the good commander turned to walk away from the Kusarian, a heavy hand patted on his shoulder.

"I will need you to arrange a private room, for a meeting, of you would. Mister Matok." The man spoke.

He was an unfamiliar figure to Matok, or indeed anyone else on Freeport-6. He wore a mercenary-esque armor, making his exact figure difficult to determine. He was clearly well equipped to take on the borderworlds, but his goal was sitting at the table, casually eating a bowl of rice. He would stride over to the particularly notorious farmer, and sit at the table.

"I see as a Farmer, you've been enjoying your labours' benefits."
The man snarked, but his expression remained stony, he was clearly not one to expose any emotion. Admiration nor Disdain for the man to whom he spoke. "The 'Puppet Master' sent me. For the reasons you have chose to meet here. A place not quite as... secure... as we would have liked, Barak.

Not that it matters, if all goes well this evening."
A waiter would arrive at their table, leaving a key card with the two men.
"Administrator Matok has made available a small conference room on the other side of the bar," he stated, "if you need anything, I will bring it."
With that, he gave a nod and walked away.
Ze'ev looked at the card and then at the man across from him.

"Shall we?"
The man singly nodded, as per Matok's instructions he walked purposefully to the bar. His movements were deliberate and somewhat imposing. Pulling from his slim backpack a manilla envelope containing a rather extensive series of dossiers, as well as a set of data pads, he began arranging them on the table, neatly, and in order.

"I don't reckon you guess why we are here, Barak. You are a very influential man, you know. You have the ear of a sizable chunk of Kyushu's conservative elements, and that of 'other parties' whom are making their intentions known.

First and foremost know that I am an agent. I represent the current Taskmaster of Kempeitai operations. Section-9. Any other Kempeitai cells shall be assumed to be politically invalid at best, or compromised at worst. Do you understand this?"
He would speak, very coldly, the tone of his voice showing little emotion, as he looked up from his papers at the infamous man across from him.
Ze'ev sized up the man, this is someone who Ze'ev could at least respect. This was someone who had been undercover, working, risking his life for Kusari.

"Yes, I think we are on the same page." he replied. "So, what are your thoughts?"
"I am here because the political situation in Kusari is not evolving in the proper manner, mister Barak. The current democratic system is a disaster and everyone is trying to steer it their way. Kusari, militarily, has made little recovery from the 'Seto Incident' and the Admiralty has at best gone soft... or are at worst, traitors.

Add to that, Tenno Kogen's return. This is something we've made contingency plans for, but it comes at a sensitive time and has inflamed the left-wing elements of Kusari Society. Your left. The farmers of Kyushu."
He would set a rather large folder on the table infront of mister Barak, bearing the seal of the Order's Black Squadron. A series of photos and documents which, by all means, nobody in the Kusari Government should have.

Opening the folder, he sifted through it's contents until he pulled out a single photo, a photo of an unmistakable arch-like structure perched on a great asteroid. "The thing to remember is, Kogen is not the only one who wants civil war in Kusari. I could name no less than a dozen organizations who want to see the house burn. His declaration of war comes at a time when those powers have a good chance to seize power. I don't think I need to tell someone as experienced as you what will happen if they do.

'My thoughts', mister Barak, and those of my taskmasters are that the Democratic Kusari Government', is a symptom and not a cause. A symptom we intend to resolve as part of getting this entire mess sorted out. You are well respected amongst various groups in Kusari. You are also a cold blooded killer, who has killed hundreds of 'enemies of Kusari' in your time. That is why Taskmaster is interested in getting you on his side. We need people with political clout and ruthlessness for what is to come..."
Pages: 1 2