Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: KNA - The Full Admiral Takahashi Interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 74yllBc.png]

"Your latest news on Kusari and Beyond"

[Image: wTCXya3.png]

"Konnichiwa, this is Sonoda Maho and Ukita Midori, reporting from the Admiral Takahashi's very own apartment door!" the reporter bows deeply but hurriedly. The camera moves to Midori for a second who bows as well.

"As you're aware, Admiral Takahashi is the first woman admiral of the Navy. She was missing for months. Both her disappearance and her return created many talks of conspiracies along. We are proud to announce that KNA is the first to be here, to learn about the truth from the Admiral herself!"

"Now, we're knocking on her door...", and so she does, smiling to the camera widely as they wait for the door to open.

After a little while, a pretty lady wearing a black dress opens the door with a questioning expression. The camera's attention shifts to her. "H-Hai?" she stutters as she finds a microphone raised to her face.

"Admiral Takahashi-sama, good morning! This is Maho Sonoda, and Ukita Midori from the Kusari News Agency. Kusari public demands information, and they refuse to be left in the dark! We have a few questions to ask you about the recent happenings in Kusari Navy, if you don't mind."

Takahashi considers them for a short while before replying. "Good morning. Sadly, I don't have much time to give you. Perhaps you should try to get in touch with the Naval Forces public relations office. It is certain they could help you. Now if you will excuse me..."

Experienced in not minding her own business the reporter slides her foot on the door's way.

"Admiral Takahashi, you should be aware that the public is systematically being kept out of any say over this matter, while the decisions related to their safety and well-being are always done behind closed doors, secret meetings and unrecorded court rulings. We have heard, through some reliable sources, that a destroyer went rogue and fought its way out to Tohoku -rumoured to be carrying the vice admiral and head of the navy in your absense-, while the rebels surrendered as soon as you appeared, and were judged by a martial court. It appears to us that you're a key figure in the middle of all these incidents, and if you'd not know and inform the public about them, who would? Do not let us down now."

"What you say is true." The Admiral starts to say while gazing calmly at the woman's leg preventing her to close the door. "Public is generally not informed. For its own safety. There is men and women risking their lives everyday to keep our home safe. Everything the Admiralty does is for the good of Kusari as a whole."

"Is that so? You really believe that the people can not judge what's good and what's not for them? Your words enough show of disrespect to the Kusari people, Admiral, and I hope you're not meaning what you're saying..."

The camera shifts to Sonoda's face as her speech continues, she shakes her head in an overly dramatic manner, totally in disbelief. "The soldiers who die for us are our soldiers, our people's children, loved ones, husbands and wives. We will not allow a few people who have, obviously, a wrong sense of security, and already have failed over and over, to decide on their fate, and ours. There are many scandals we hear everyday. People had enough, Takahashi-sama, and we demand answers..."

"What was the reason of this rebellion? Why did they surrender? As soon as they surrendered, why did the Vice-Admiral Nagata-sama want to escape in a hurry? What happened to those rebel pilots?" the reporter bombards her with questions.

Admiral frowns as she replies, "It is not about letting them the right to choose. There are things that need to be kept confidential. I'm sure you DO understand. I'm saddened to have to witness you questioning honorable men and women's loyalty and dedication."

"According to more than one scenario, Takahashi-sama, of what we have heard so far... Yes. There's enough to question loyalties and dedications. As there are rebels, as there are two different Naval Forces shooting each others and killing..." She signals the camera to come closer.

"There's respect where it is due, and there's honour where there are no mistakes... The people doubt the loyalties and dedication of the admiralty, Admiral, and here you have a chance to answer to them. It's up to you to ignore them or not, but know that it will be the people who'll judge you and the rest of the Navy, sooner or later."

The admiral appears to be reflecting shortly. She finally says, "There is a chance for you to leave with a part of what you want, but there will be a condition. The camera stays out."

Sonoda frowned as she replied grudgingly "That is not possible, Takahashi-sama... We are on live. Do you have at least a message for the public? They are all watching you."

The Admiral nodded in denial. "That will be all. Please take out your foot out of the doorstep."

Sonoda could only say, before the camera was turned off, rather disappointedly and hurriedly, "You heard the admiral, Kusari." Then they were taken off the live feed.
The reporter Sonoda bows, "Welcome back, Kusari. We are continuing our interview with Admiral Takahashi-sama. She was kind enough to invite us to her apartment to continue answering our questions."

"Before further ado, let's start again, Takahashi-sama... Would you give us an insight of what really is happening with the Navy? What happened with Nagata-sama?"

The camera sways slightly to the left and right, to capture a little of the 'style' of the Admiral, knowing that the housewives of Kusari could be more interested in that than most things Takahashi could actually have to say. Meanwhile, the Admiral replies the question, "The Naval Forces have been doing their best to protect Kusari, following the truce with Bretonia and Gallia.

"As you perhaps know, the Emperor Jien Kogen decided to begin an ambitious operation, which was about taking over Planet Leeds. In order to achieve that objective, the Admiralty was ordered to send more and more assets to Seto System. In the end, right before the tensions with what would soon come to be known as Gallia would escalate, even a large part of the High Command moved to Seto. I was one of the few members of the High Command to stay behind...."

Her voice died as she was focusing to a point far away, behind the camera reporters. Eventually, she continued. "I'm telling this so that you understand the choice we had to make, in order to protect our home. Since then, Naval Forces have been regaining some strength, thanks to the efforts made by Kusari workers. Our economy is thankfully strong enough to sustain this charge, thanks to the open market with the house of Gallia..."

The reporter nods, not happy with all those words. She asks again rather impatiently. "Hai, hai, Takahashi-sama. But what's happening now, will you tell us, please? There was a lot of friction within the Kusari Navy ranks, lately... You've been gone for a while, and Nagata-sama took control of the Naval forces. There were rebels not accepting his leadership. And as soon as you're back, this time Nagata-sama has been chased out of Kusari. Several ships were lost in the ensuing battles meanwhile... What's going on?"

The camera zooms onto the Admiral's face, not only to capture her stunning beauty, but also the small signs of reactions to this all encompassing question. A hint of embarrassment passes on the Admiral's face as she considers.

"It appears Nagata-san attempted to kill me in order to take my position as the leader of the Admirals Circles. In order to realize his plan, which was to make a military coup. I do believe Nagata-san had a mental disease that got worse during the next months. I can't imagine what would have happened if he succeeded."

The Admiral took a break before noting. "This occurrence is extremely embarrassing for the warrior caste Naval Forces are from, as one of our dogma states we live to serve, and not to rule."

Sonoda listens pouting, showing exaggerated facial expressions of surprise at parts towards the camera. "Nagata-sama was allowed to cause so much trouble within the Navy? So many people were hurt... and you, Takahashi-sama... poor you..." she bows deeply, "We are glad you're back now, safe and sound. Our people were saddened greatly as they heard that you died earlier... falsely."

"However, the reality is this: No matter how much sacrifices the admiralty gives -like the whole of our naval forces- for the safety of our people, it is a fact that they have failed at some parts... And therefore, even good people, may not be up to the task. You have to agree with this argument ,right? There are many people in responsible places, who could stop this all from happening. However, the ones who were fighting against this corruption were punished instead; they were branded rebels... Is this fair at all?"

The Admiral Takahashi smiles slightly in a somewhat saddened way. "I'm afraid I am the one to blame about Nagata-san being able to cause all those troubles. I trusted him. Naturally, when I disappeared, the Admirals Circles took in consideration the trust I was showing to him. Assuming my position, he was then able to give key positions to people who would support him."

"Are there still those people in command, who have been placed by Nagata-sama there?" Sonoda asks quickly. Takahashi remains silent.

"You still didn't answer my question about the so called 'rebels'. They were punished, because they knew of this corruption and acted against it. The real rebel could act freely and cause harm to the navy as he wished. How is it possible that his mental situation could go so unnoticed by everyone around him? That put Kusari on a lot of danger, as you have to agree. Don't you think that the government should intervene in this matter?"

"You must understand the rebels did questionable actions, that could have endanger our house as a whole. I do not know how they came to the conclusion that something was wrong with Nagata-san. According to what Sakamoto-san, their leader, said, they weren't able to reach the Ministry of Defence about it. It's possible Nagata-san prevented those attempts to succeed."

"Regarding Sakamoto-san and his men's fate, we sadly all have to answer for our actions. I decided to answer for mine as well. I will be retiring from active service, as I was the cause of those saddening events."

"The question here is this, Takahashi-sama... I am sorry as I have probably phrased it incorrectly... There are indeed two parties who are wrong here, however, one side is punished, and the other side is allowed to pass judgements as they wish still... When there are two parties at wrong, it is only logical to demand for a third party's judgement, is it not? Do you personally think that the rebels were more in fault then the rest? Their actions might have been questionable, however they still took action to right a wrong, and they were right about this corruption... maybe they were even forced to act that way by Nagata-sama..."

"Eto... What I can say about Sakamoto-san is he's always been loyal to Kusari. I think his main reason to live is to ensure our people's safety. Sadly... He had to rise against his own brothers in order to do what he thought to be right."

"The men who followed him are also heroes in my eyes. In the real sense of the term. They abandoned everything they had. They have been chased by everyone. They kept fighting for what they believed to be right."

"Indeed... they are good people... in essence..." Sonoda says slowly, "Just like the rest of the admiralty are... and probably Nagata-sama as well, despite... you know. But that doesn't change the fact that the rebels and Nagata-sama were in wrong, alongside the ones who failed to limit Nagata-sama's corruption, and kept everyone in danger for months... 'The rebels were kicked out of the navy, and Sakamoto-san was imprisoned' is what our sources say. Is this true?"

"That was the Circles' decision, hai...." Answers Takahashi, her voice dying in the middle of her reply.

"And the people now demand a fair judgement, Admiral-sama, by a party who is not guilty itself. You can not do mistakes when you're defending your country. Arigato for answering our questions," she bows to the Admiral and then to the Camera. "This is Maho Sonoda. Sayonara."

[Image: 74yllBc.png]

"Your latest news on Kusari and Beyond"